Have We Scared Artists With The Whole Conspiracy Thing?

So not only is the illuminati not real and something used to discredit (mainly black) celebrities; you also are lying if you say that the mainstream rappers of today don't have social commentary.

The illuminati isn't a real thing considering that isn't even a real word. But the Illuminati is. Secret societies are just made up right? Freemasonry and Bavarian Illuminati have no record in history? Read a book dude.

Saying Illuminati discredit's black celebrities is absurd. Black celebrities discredit black celebrities. Those posers you listed are the ones claiming to have the Illuminati ties, it's in their imagery and their music.

Quit being a sheep and see what's right in front of you.

Even if the Illuminati doesn't exist;these guys do:

With everyone so occupied by the internet, social media, and video games, they can really keep the masses distracted. That's the scary part.

Last edited:
List of rappers who rap about revolutionary topics (politics, religion, science, spiritual etc):

Immortal Technique
Hopsin
Dizzy Wright
Apathy
Vinnie Paz
Blu
Logic
Ice Cube
David Banner
Dead Prez
DMX
Prodigy of mobb deep
Gangstarr- guru
Common
Lupe Fiasco
Kendrick Lamar
2Pac (One of the MAIN revolutionaries to exist)
Akala (uk)
Nas
Brother Ali
Joe Budden
Tech n9ne
Lowkey (uk)
Dot Rotten (uk)

There are soo many more. I only listen to revolutionary rappers, if the rapper isnt revolutionary in some way, whether it be IN the music or HOW their personality is, I wont have their music on my phone. PERIOD.

Last edited:
AMN i see your list of rappers, while most of 'em are good, its like it isn't enough.

I like J cole though, everyone slept on Born Sinner wich is sad, for that was some real ish he spit on that.

Last edited:
Illuminati in my eyes = a shortcut term to describe the rich over-ruling elite society. And a rich over-ruling society does exist.

One example is, 9/11. I researched 911 and the conclusion I came to is that they were accomplished with the help of elements in the U.S government. The elite creating problems so they have an excuse to tresspass on land in the petroleum-rich middle-east. Which would give the elite even more wealth and power (as if they cant get enough)

Last edited:
6a00d8341c565553ef01538ee48d4e970b-pi

Talking politics in your music can and probably will alienate some of your fans. If you take Side A of an argument in a verse, some of your fans (and potential new fans) who feel strongly towards Side B might judge your whole existence on that verse, and get off your bandwagon. "Oh him? He talked some uber-liberal gay rights crap in that one song, so he clearly isn't on my wavelength. Peace."

There are rappers and singers in other genres that do it plenty, but their fanbases have come to expect and admire their stance, and it's part of that artist's allure.

But it's not for everyone, and the majority of regular-joe music listeners don't wanna hear the news when they're dancing or singing along in the club/party/car/shower/wherever. I don't think rappers are afraid, and I don't think they are without an opinion on social and political issues.. Some just wanna keep that to themselves and entertain us without being divisive or confrontational towards fans, media, and anyone else. We don't want ALL "conscious" music, do we? Maybe some, but like I said, not the average listeners, and that's who's buying.

I think Macklemore did pretty well discussing his beliefs and politics...even won some Grammys.

Why is everyone so scared of the Illuminati?

If they have all of this money and power, why not just join? Why continue to hate? Why continue to make 100 beats to sell for $10? Why make rap songs that people aren't even interested in downloading for free? Why come on FP and get mad all of the time. Just join and live it up.

AMN i see your list of rappers, while most of 'em are good, its like it isn't enough.

I like J cole though, everyone slept on Born Sinner wich is sad, for that was some real ish he spit on that.

Everyone slept on Born Sinner because J. Cole is the rapping equivalent of 30 mg of Ambien.

I dont hear anyone going like chuck d these days but he wasnt your average dude. Though, Conspiracy theories have gotten way out of control nowdays, and are pretty funny except that lots of people believe them.

List of rappers who rap about revolutionary topics (politics, religion, science, spiritual etc):

Immortal Technique
Hopsin
Dizzy Wright
Apathy
Vinnie Paz
Blu
Logic
Ice Cube
David Banner
Dead Prez
DMX
Prodigy of mobb deep
Gangstarr- guru
Common
Lupe Fiasco
Kendrick Lamar
Akala (uk)
Nas
Brother Ali
Joe Budden
Tech n9ne
Lowkey (uk)
Dot Rotten (uk)

There are soo many more. I only listen to revolutionary rappers, if the rapper isnt revolutionary in some way, whether it be IN the music or HOW their personality is, I wont have their music on my phone. PERIOD.

Joe Budden? LOL

I don't get the Joe Budden fanbase. He made one decent song that got played on the radio for a minute. After that, he released nothing worth getting excited about. His skills are nothing amazing to me. What gives?

Just a little boy band called Slaughterhouse...nothin major.

Immortal Technique
Hopsin
Dizzy Wright
Apathy
Vinnie Paz
Blu
Logic
Ice Cube
David Banner
Dead Prez
DMX
Prodigy of mobb deep
Gangstarr- guru
Common
Lupe Fiasco
Kendrick Lamar
Akala (uk)
Nas
Brother Ali
Joe Budden
Tech n9ne
Lowkey (uk)
Dot Rotten (uk)

Pharoah Monche
The Roots
Black Milk
Foreign Exchange
Fashawn
Classified
Murs
Atmosphere

I mean the list goes on and on...so, pardon me if I have zero patience for people that are spoon-fed their music on 106 & Park like a pop tart and shut off their friends that try to expose them to though-provoking music just because it's not on the radio.

Pharoah Monche
The Roots
Black Milk
Foreign Exchange
Fashawn
Classified
Murs
Atmosphere

I mean the list goes on and on...so, pardon me if I have zero patience for people that are spoon-fed their music on 106 & Park like a pop tart and shut off their friends that try to expose them to though-provoking music just because it's not on the radio.

Murs, Pharoah Monch, The Roots, Foreign Exchange, Fashwan?

I am familiar with them all and none of them I woiuld consider socially conscious artists. I guess you are referencing a few songs out of their catalog. Murs is all over the place. Once minute he's talking about gang life and the street codes in LA, the next moment he's kissing a guy in his video.I have all of the albums he did with 9th wonder. Pharoah Monch is more known for the complex wordplay. He dumbed down his stuff alot since the Organized Konfusion days. Questlove from the Roots is intelligent and Black thought is top 5 caliber but let's be real. Their music has gotten progressively worse and Questlove is not trying to ruffle the powers that be and jeopardize his tours as well as his band's sweet gigs and Jimmy Fallon show. Foreign Exchange. Phonte and Nicolay? They're on some cool mellow shit. The theme is love."Everything must Go" is one of the more socially conscious tracks and even that had a folk song appeal. Love Fashawn but that's not his lane either. He's from that straight hip cloth of Planet Asia , Evidence etc... Black Milk the funky producer/rapper from Detroit? He's known for great beats and being easy to work with. Sure these rappers may rap on a few songs with a message but they dont do it consistently enough to be put in that category of an Immortal technique or Tupac, PE, KRS One etc..

Last edited:
Murs, Pharoah Monch, The Roots, Foreign Exchange, Fashwan?

I am familiar with them all and none of them I woiuld consider socially conscious artists. I guess you are referencing a few songs out of their catalog. Murs is all over the place. Once minute he's talking about gang life and the street codes in LA, the next moment he's kissing a guy in his video.I have all of the albums he did with 9th wonder. Pharoah Monch is more known for the complex wordplay. He dumbed down his stuff alot since the Organized Konfusion days. Questlove from the Roots is intelligent and Black thought is top 5 caliber but let's be real. Their music has gotten progressively worse and Questlove is not trying to ruffle the powers that be and jeopardize his tours as well as his band's sweet gigs and Jimmy Fallon show. Foreign Exchange. Phonte and Nicolay? They're on some cool mellow shit. The theme is love."Everything must Go" is one of the more socially conscious tracks and even that had a folk song appeal. Love Fashawn but that's not his lane either. He's from that straight hip cloth of Planet Asia , Evidence etc... Black Milk the funky producer/rapper from Detroit? He's known for great beats and being easy to work with. Sure these rappers may rap on a few songs with a message but they dont do it consistently enough to be put in that category of an Immortal technique or Tupac, PE, KRS One etc..

From what I understood of this topic some were saying that no one discusses social commentary anymore...I named those that still do. I didn't say they discuss it in every single song they ever make, but they do discuss social issues. Therefore, they are socially conscious artists to me.

I'll agree to completely disagree with most of your reply...

Better yet they need to get back on the media who go hard on the leaders who are actually doing a goo job, always lying on POTUS. #Fox
~ LatchKeyz

Back