Have We Scared Artists With The Whole Conspiracy Thing?

• Class is now in session:

• 1973 - Oh you didn't think what you saw on those You Tube videos was something new right?

1971 -The Revolution Will Not Be Retweeted

Last edited:
I think you misunderstand what I was saying to a degree.

Historically music has been the indicator of social and political unrest dating back further than my life goes. The correlation in more modern times (last 40 years or so) has aligned itself more with the current political party sitting in the WH or in control of congress.

The entertainment industry is notably filled with people who align themselves with liberal politics.

During the 80's you had punk rock which spoke solidly as a whole against the Reagan policies of the time and quite vocally (Dead Kennedys, Reagan Youth etc.). The number of conservative bands were far fewer (Black Flag, Agnostic Front etc). You also had hip hop which was coming up strong and spoke openly about the same types of views from a black perspective, even soul and funk music did this leading up to it (look at James Brown as one who was very openly speaking on social issues regularly).

You didn't see this nearly as often when Carter was in office, you didn't see this when Clinton was in office because their political views and social views were in line with what the artists agreed with. Regardless of all the faults seen during those presidencies (and there were many) it was nearly unheard of to speak against your alignment even if you know it is the same crap the other party did or does...it is extremely disingenuous in nature to do this.

Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr all took the brunt of the discussions and nobody held back in interviews, songs, movies or any area of entertainment like they do at now.

You want news you can't flip on CNN, MSNBC, Fox or any other single source because they all filter according to their agenda so that even if you pick from multiple sources to try and get a complete picture it is muddied and never the truth. The same goes for entertainers, they present what they believe whether it is genuine or not and they will not change their message or stance to call out their man in office...that is my point.

You aint gonna find too many rappers that identify with conservative politics especially when you have folks like the Tea Party and the KOCH Brothers aligned with the GOP. You want a rapper that really understands politics:

Last edited:
tumblr_mys661XQ5s1s55699o1_250.jpg

Lmfaoooo exactly.

First off the Illuminati doesn't exist, it's something people use to discredit the accomplishments of famous/successful people and to also give themselves a reason why THEY aren't popping. I've also noticed it's mainly used to discredit black celebrities . . . rock bands can do all that demonic stuff, but we choose Kanye, Jay Z, Lebron, Beyonce, Rihanna etc. etc. to throw the illuminati shadow on . . . but that's another discussion . . .

The main reason why artists aren't usually extra socially conscious, is because people aren't trying to hear depressing music on the radio or in the club or at a party. And even with that being said, look at the most popular rappers today. You've got Kanye, the biggest rapper/rock star in the world today, who on his last album, in the midst of the drill movement . . . rapped about the "DEA teaming up with the CCA". And people said his raps were wack.

You've got J. Cole who rarely has a song without some type of social commentary. Same with Kendrick Lamar. You've got Macklemore, who although I personally don't really like his music, I can respect that he had two of the biggest songs of 2013 that talked about equality and spoke against consumerism.

Hell, even with MMG/WTB/Bad Boy and their image mainly consisting of a modern day fusion of shiny suit shenanigans and cartoonish thuggery, you still will have Ross, Meek, Ace Hood make the occasional lines/songs about Trayvon. Wale has always been Wale and has always had social commentary.

So not only is the illuminati not real and something used to discredit (mainly black) celebrities; you also are lying if you say that the mainstream rappers of today don't have social commentary.

And one of my favorites...Song was true for 2 different Bush's in 2 different decades/millennia...

"I ain't getting my leg shot off, while Bush old ass on TV playin golf..."

You aint gonna find too many rappers that identify with conservative politics especially when you have folks like the Tea Party and the KOCH Brothers aligned with the GOP. You want a rapper that really understands politics:

and why is that an issue? Is it because mainstream media has painted the Tea Party as racist even though they themselves have not stated any racist platform or tendencies? Is it because they want to see welfare cut and the people on welfare as a majority to get off 3rd and 4th generation benefits and get work to make the country a stronger economy instead of draining it?

Those ideas only become racist if you want them to because not once have I heard anyone from that party state or imply that it is blacks they are targeting, they are instead targeting all welfare recipients which includes whites, mexicans, blacks and asians equally.

I too am not a fan of the Tea Party, but I have done enough research to know that the media paints them in a bad light regularly as part of an agenda. If someone were to avoid doing even slight research and relied on them for the information as a sole source then they are ignorant.

As for Paris, I like his stuff, but that song is just promoting the current presidents agenda and not taking an honest look from a constitutional standpoint. If you read the constitution and all it's amendments you would see that the national healthcare bill has way over stepped the limitations set upon the federal government in multiple ways, but that doesn't fit into the agenda and it is apparently just an outdated piece of paper nobody cares about anymore.

And one of my favorites...Song was true for 2 different Bush's in 2 different decades/millennia...

"I ain't getting my leg shot off, while Bush old ass on TV playin golf..."

Proves my point again, where are they (any rapper not the GB specifically) arguing on the continued movements in the Middle East, the failed withdrawal of troops that was spoken of in campaign speeches and the trafficking of arms by our own federal government?

It is so much easier to just blame Bush which is a copout of the worst kind at this point...6 years into a new administration and that line is stilll being used, give me a break.

Truthfully I think most of the out there conspiracy theory rappers have dissapeared, because there's been a general backlash against the proposed theories and rappers have lost their sway over people. Before a rapper would say something and everyone would just accept it as true instead of questioning the logic of what was said. Drop a verse in your song about an evil behind the scene organization? I and a lot of other people now say prove it or keep it moving.

Social commentary still goes on. We still have Lupe, and immortal. Kanye West is as political as ever.(truthfully check his track record, probably the most popular outspoken rapper in a long time). However things are on an uptick for a lot of people so there is less to complain about. I know in my city, crime is down, Jobs are flowing in, income is increasing. So to talk about corruption and how horrible things are goes against what a lot of people are experiencing.

and why is that an issue? Is it because mainstream media has painted the Tea Party as racist even though they themselves have not stated any racist platform or tendencies? Is it because they want to see welfare cut and the people on welfare as a majority to get off 3rd and 4th generation benefits and get work to make the country a stronger economy instead of draining it?

Those ideas only become racist if you want them to because not once have I heard anyone from that party state or imply that it is blacks they are targeting, they are instead targeting all welfare recipients which includes whites, mexicans, blacks and asians equally.

I too am not a fan of the Tea Party, but I have done enough research to know that the media paints them in a bad light regularly as part of an agenda. If someone were to avoid doing even slight research and relied on them for the information as a sole source then they are ignorant.

As for Paris, I like his stuff, but that song is just promoting the current presidents agenda and not taking an honest look from a constitutional standpoint. If you read the constitution and all it's amendments you would see that the national healthcare bill has way over stepped the limitations set upon the federal government in multiple ways, but that doesn't fit into the agenda and it is apparently just an outdated piece of paper nobody cares about anymore.

You won't catch me defending liberals. Politicians are self serving as a whole for the most part. Pick your poison. Seeing the Tea Party holding those racist offensive caricature's of Obama was enough for me. Ron Paul was the first Republican I would have voted for. Once he wasn't embraced by his own party, that sealed the deal for me. The Koch Brothers is an entirely different topic. Don't get me started on them. For the record, I'm not enamored with Obama.

You won't catch me defending liberals. Politicians are self serving as a whole for the most part. Pick your poison. Seeing the Tea Party holding those racist offensive caricature's of Obama was enough for me. Ron Paul was the first Republican I would have voted for. Once he wasn't embraced by his own party, that sealed the deal for me. The Koch Brothers is an entirely different topic. Don't get me started on them. For the record, I'm not enamored with Obama.

That's because Ron Paul is actually a staunch Libertarian who knew the only way to get elected was to run under one of the two parties, he didn't get the nod because he scared the neo-cons.

times have changed... rappers don't talk about politics cause they run a risk of losing fans... it's not about music anymore.. it's about the $$$

There are many artist who speak openly about social issues. The issue, however, is there are very little of which do so on a commercial level. The truth is consumers have a proclivity to be entertained. To make great, entertaining, yet socially inclined music is tough.

Lmfaoooo exactly.

First off the Illuminati doesn't exist, it's something people use to discredit the accomplishments of famous/successful people and to also give themselves a reason why THEY aren't popping. I've also noticed it's mainly used to discredit black celebrities . . . rock bands can do all that demonic stuff, but we choose Kanye, Jay Z, Lebron, Beyonce, Rihanna etc. etc. to throw the illuminati shadow on . . . but that's another discussion . . .

The main reason why artists aren't usually extra socially conscious, is because people aren't trying to hear depressing music on the radio or in the club or at a party. And even with that being said, look at the most popular rappers today. You've got Kanye, the biggest rapper/rock star in the world today, who on his last album, in the midst of the drill movement . . . rapped about the "DEA teaming up with the CCA". And people said his raps were wack.

You've got J. Cole who rarely has a song without some type of social commentary. Same with Kendrick Lamar. You've got Macklemore, who although I personally don't really like his music, I can respect that he had two of the biggest songs of 2013 that talked about equality and spoke against consumerism.

Hell, even with MMG/WTB/Bad Boy and their image mainly consisting of a modern day fusion of shiny suit shenanigans and cartoonish thuggery, you still will have Ross, Meek, Ace Hood make the occasional lines/songs about Trayvon. Wale has always been Wale and has always had social commentary.

So not only is the illuminati not real and something used to discredit (mainly black) celebrities; you also are lying if you say that the mainstream rappers of today don't have social commentary.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Back