Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Common

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Big L

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Eminem

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
I'll take the words straight from Nas mouth. "Ain't No Best"(In reference to Rakim, Pac, Nas, Jay & B.I.G. the others don't come close IMO).

Last edited:
I dont know why we do this. It is so hard to choose. Me Against the World might be my favorite album of all time one day. ANd then Illmatic might sound better than it on another day. Music is all about emotions and ones life.

BUT if i had to choose it would be Nas.
Im from new orleans. Thats why i love Illmatic so much. It just fits my city. Everything Nas talked about Queensbrigde is so close to the ninth ward its scary. I hold that album close to my heart. Besides that It was Written is one of the BEST STROYTELLING ALBUMS EVER. I never heard a song like "I Gave You Power" until i heard "Rewind" on stillmatic.

Then again Friday i might claim Me Against the World, or Reasonable Doubt, or even The Chronic as my favorite album of all time!!!!!

OOHHH by the way WHERE IS KOOL G. RAP!!!!!!!!! If you like Rakim..you will love Kool G!!! I PROMISE!!!

Last edited:
noblewordz said:
How the **** can gay-z get more than pac?

That question is like asking why isn't Pun on that list? It's all a matter of choice....I can imagine as many people voting for Jay as Pac...or B.I.G. I think Nas lost a lost of that respect but gained much more interest in the past year......all due to Jay.

To the one dude who said we must not care about lyricism if we don't choose PAC....dude honestly...Pac and Jay aren't even the most lyrically advanced cats on that list. Career wise I do believe they are the greatest two to have ever done it.....but lyrically I think Eminem and B.I.G could have served their asses up properly. Of course that's just an opinion....I don't even think Rakim could go toe to toe with Em in this day and age. Wasn't there an aftermath session once where this was discussed? Something about Rakim still "having it", but G-Unit's finest still keeping up with him?

Now if Lloyd Banks could ride with Rakim then........

I appreciate the votes players. I do see however that a few of you still haven't got it. THIS ISN'T A "GREATEST OF ALL TIME" THREAD. Kool G. Rap was nice, but I was trying to see who you guys thought was the best of those 10 above.

all these rappers old

theonlybman said:
Where's Cam'ron?

camrons better than jay-z

jay-z got some good verses every once and a while
but the songs i heard from him suck

Last edited by a moderator:
Vote Jai said:
Actually, I was in a debate with some one about these MC's, so I wanted to see what people on here thought. I knew it wouldn't be that simple, because there's always clownz just dying to post something to get a "co-sign", or "LOL". I wanted to see votes.

Niggas from the West Coast aren't on here because it wasn't about the Best MC of all time. It was about the best MC from this list. Besides, which one of those niggas are lyrically better than anybody on the list? smh@ your view of skill. They've done a lot for hip-hop, but don't compare them to anybody on this poll. Nigga please.

Like I said, this is a popularity contest. D!ckhead!

p.s. Who you call'n a "Nigga"?

Last edited:
Tron said:
Like I said, this is a popularity contest. D!ckhead!

p.s. Who you call'n a "Nigga"?

Oh...I'm a "d!ckhead" because you think Too Short is a lyricist? Joke...
Obviously you didn't read the introduction post (which isn't even a paragraph) otherwise you wouldn't be looking for particulars! For you to say these choices aren't based on skill, and then wonder where Too Short is speaks for itself. But for future references, read the introduction post before you comment.

Pac. Nas would be second. Wtf is jay-z up there? I just don't see how the hell he's the best of all times. **** em'...

Vote Jai said:
Too Short is a lyricist? Joke...

That's funny...

KRS is everyone's favorite MC on this list... except for Rakim, who's also your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

Pac made it easier for you non lyrical people to understand his songs with basic raps... albeit they were very powerful songs, but everyone else on here except for maybe Guru are lyrically ridiculous on the mic... flippin words and metaphors is what most these rappers excelled in... thats what East Coast rap is about... i can understand why Too Short was mentioned with Pac... Pac was great, no doubt, but for most people from the East Coast, he is not the best in this group.

da relic

Back