Good topic..how do you think image effects producers as far as selling tracks?

kRaZiE-BoI said:
hell yea image is important, its one of the most important things.

If you got two dudes asking for an exclusive beat, and one of em got on a dirty-ass white tee, and some crushed up AF1's, with the other guy havin on fresh jeans, fresh name-brand shirt, brand new exclusive AF1's, fresh Fitted, know , what i mean? straight ****tin on niggas. Who you gon sell it to. The guy thats fresh, cause he probally gon be the one that come back for more beats. Dress to impress when it comes to business.

I don't know about that man. I sell to the cat who's gonna do more with it. That dude with that dirty white tee is probaly hungrier and more willling to work that record harder where as Mr. Fly Guy is in an obviously good space and may not have that work ethic. It all depends on the person not the wears.

...The dude with the lesser attire. Only if his track is hotter though. You know how many celebrities looked like straight non-celebrity before they became famous? trust me, money, and a agent talks.

preception is reality. If u look like u know wtf u r doing chances are people treat u as such. If u look professional people will treat you like one.

What if I came in there dressed like this, what would they think X?

c_AC-Altair.jpg

some of yall are crazy man, the hell do you guys wear on the regular? yall bummy, got a pair of all whites, black t, button up, and im good to go

:D You'd already have your throat cut before you even get to the phone... that's if I was that guy ...

wat do I wear on the regular??

polo, wit true religions and some jordans. usually the red and black 13s or the white ad black 12s.. or if im feelin real ballin i'll bust out the white on white pradas.

black on grey pradas if I wanna bag 20 girls in the club instead of the usual 10 :D

xtrordinare said:
some of yall are crazy man, the hell do you guys wear on the regular? yall bummy, got a pair of all whites, black t, button up, and im good to go

SCENARIO: If you're in the lab working on your own ****, you're probaly not in your best gear. If oppurtunity presents itself and (insert big name rapper) appears across the hall, are you gonna go home and change or are you gonna seize that chance to let him hear your **** even if you been in the studio 20 hours and stink to all high hell?

BTW, I usually wear polo/tees and jeans and sneaks if I just chillin. But if I gonna be in the lab all night, white tee, sweats, and socks w/ slippers. Holla!

Last edited:
damn.... that's a mean scenario.. I think I would go home honestly.

I wouldn't wanna be remembered as that stank dude wit stank beats

I'm in the studio by myself right now in my draws and a tee n*gga, with some tweety birds on.......

Nothing beats comfort........

If they had cameras inside this studio area I'da been banned a looooooong time ago.......

Last edited:
I always get some new kicks/ clothes when i go to labels/beat competitions

good topic fam.
i aint been haggled down cus of my gear but, i have been turned down before playing any tracks cus I use "fruity loops". everyone knows it has a bad name, i know that. but homie wouldnt even listen to a single track. his loss. I dont even tell people what i use anymore until after they hear my work

Just to clarify...Chalice is like major. I'm not talkin a hme studio or one up the block. Everybody major records there.
Would you go to Hit Factory to meet Timbaland or Storch lookin like you been planting trees all day?

Yeah This Really Well Known Rapper Is Building A Studio And Told Me And My Friend To Come Through.So We Did.I Put On Some Nice Jeans, Brand New Forces And A White Tee.I Played Him My Beats So Did My Friend.After That He Told Us He Wants To Take Us Under His Wing And Give Us Our Own Room To Work In.Somehow I Think If I Had Of Gone There In Some Track Pants And A Old Shirt He Might Not Have Messed With Me.Sometimes When Your Not Presentible You Don't Seem Conifident.Being Confident Can Get You A Long Way.

What you're wearin doesn't matter as much as how it looks. You'll still look gutted in some dingy worn out true religions.

Back