'Godfather of Soul' James Brown dies

Worst Part is I want my money back! he was scheduled to perform in my town On Christmas!

RIP James Brown, and my friend by the same name just got shot yesterday in New Haven! So I woke up thinkin that he had died! but it was the legend himself!

My fondest JB memory is from 1986. Fat Boys' had just came out with a song Sex Machine. I kept hearing how it was a JB original from a long time ago. My dad gave his record Sex Machine 1970. Now this 6 year old already knew who he was...that Livin' in America guy!!! Then the needle hit the record. All of a sudden I was saying to myself, "That's where (insert artist here) got that sample from!!! The first I picked out was the piano riff which is the exact same melody from Christmas Rappin' by Kurtis Blow. My dad made me believe James Brown was the first rapper. RIP

James Brown, what to say about the man. The hardest working man in show business. The Godfather of Soul. Soul Brother #1, whatever you want. A legend before anyone expected this to happen. Working until the day that he died, now that's something you don't come across every year.

Along with being a musical influence, the most sampled artist in Hip Hop history (more than Parliament) and an influence the African-American culture during their hardest times, his life is one that history will mark as not only amazing, but important. His music was that you could dance to and think about at the same time. His death seems shocking to us since it seems like he's invincible at the rate that he was working.

James Brown's death will leave an unfillable void in the music industry, his music is done so well and so spontaneously that he cannot be replicated even with the hardest of work. I say instead of mourning, we all blast Sex Machine or Night Train; instead of being sad over his death, let's appreciate the fact that the man ever existed to give us the treats that he has over his long career.

R.I.P. to the Godfather Soul.

R.I.P James brown, hip hop wouldnt be around if it wasnt for him they say he was the very first mc that we know it as today, and i think one of the last collaberations he did was with the black eyed peas in monkey's bussiness and BEP were probebly the only people to colaberate with him in hip hop, much respect to James

James Brown was the best that ever did it!!

Will never/ever be replaced by anyone..Micheal Jackson was the closest, and he was still a long way off, his dance steps were based on James.

Micheal's first break was because he copied james brown for the Jackson 5 audition.

James has the best bass lines

Had the best drum patterns

Had the best horn section

Had the best backing singers.

His band was SO tight, they were stars in their own right.

This is a BIG loss, but i am glad for the all the dope sh1t that he left behind.

They need to bring that film of his life out now!!!

flareward said:
They need to bring that film of his life out now!!!
Sean Patrick Thomas would be perfect to play James Brown. They got similar facial features.

225px-Spthomas.jpg

He might be too dark, but I think it'd be a good fit​

Tyree D. said:
My fondest JB memory is from 1986. Fat Boys' had just came out with a song Sex Machine. I kept hearing how it was a JB original from a long time ago. My dad gave his record Sex Machine 1970. Now this 6 year old already knew who he was...that Livin' in America guy!!! Then the needle hit the record. All of a sudden I was saying to myself, "That's where (insert artist here) got that sample from!!! The first I picked out was the piano riff which is the exact same melody from Christmas Rappin' by Kurtis Blow. My dad made me believe James Brown was the first rapper. RIP

Respect
:cheers:

Back