'Godfather of Soul' James Brown dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIASTrP
w/o james brown an infant hip-hop wouldve died let his legacy live through the music we produce

I don't agree. It just wouldn't have been as good right away.

what IS it with this f-n forum???
is ERRBODY 12 in this mf???

It's a EULOGY dude!!!
The man is DEAD!!!
why is it that biggin up probably the greatest performer ever

and undoubtedly the most influential single person on hip-hop music
EVER - whose music btw errybody got to use for FREE
cant go uncommented??
SMH......

James' music will never die

The Godfather of Soul is one of those influential individuals that you dont get another one of. Every time some one embodies sum1 from another generation he/she is billed as 'this generation's blank'. There will never be another James Brown because he has been the only James Brown for the past 50+ years. R.I.P. James Joseph Brown, Jr. (May 3, 1933 – December 25, 2006)

Thats real talk... He IS A ICON period across all genres and for those of us that love hip-hop and were around in the eighties we KNOW how much influence he's had on hip-hop. We need to start having a better understanding of our music and the pioneers and keep their names and legacies alive. Everybody knows Elvis and all this crap about him, but very little about Ray Charles (before Ray), James Brown, Sam Cooke, Little Richard ect...ect. Hell even as mentioned before the Isleys other than the "Mr. Biggs" stuff of the last few years.

R.I.P.

Yeah...I saw this early in the morning on CNN, RIP in peace to the Godfather Of Soul, lost another great...

I don't agree. It just wouldn't have been as good right away.

You do know that james brown is probably the most sample artist in hip-hop (and not getting paid for it) and a lot of the first hit hip hop records contained James Brown Samples

Pase said:
You do know that james brown is probably the most sample artist in hip-hop (and not getting paid for it) and a lot of the first hit hip hop records contained James Brown Samples

Of course, I know that.

What part of my post intimated IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT that I didn't?

I still stand behind my statement. Further clarification: If James' music was not used, then other music would have been used. Period. Since I like funk, and it is the reason I wanted to learn music in the first place, I theorize that Hip Hop would have had a slower progress without it. It would not have died.

I don't have a music degree in music history, etc., but I am willing to go on with this is you want.

EDIT: Example - using your logic, it is like saying that if it wasn't for Bonez, Thugz, and Harmony (or Twista. Whatever!) rapping fast, that no one would have done that. Crazy talk. Someone eventually would get there.

Last edited:
man at first i was like man this is bs its a rumor but man all the stations are talking about it. RIP

Example - using your logic

I didn't make a difinitive statment about what state hip-hop would be in if there was know james brown, I simple posed a question... Thats all. I take nothing for granted on this board. There is a boatload of people the claim to love hip-hop and know nothing about its history

I don't know what to say.
He made great music. Definitely brought some enjoyment into my likfe and his music will continue to.

RIP

Back