The Game embodies the spirit of hip-hop

U

UpnComer

People have been over looking what hes been doing lately, ...been making really good music, ...you can tell hes for real....One of my favorite rappers....The Game...

And dont be all negative either, ... ijm allowed to have a favorite rapper...Rap is like wrestling i know all the real dudes in here had favorite wrestlers...lol, ....dont lie.

Who was your favorite wrestler?

Last edited by a moderator:
Game is very underrated. I like this track and he usually has a few jewels on his albums. Is he with Cash Money now?

Though he stills drops more names than anyone when he flows. lol.

Last edited:
Game was and is for me one of those artists that is hit or miss to me because something about him seems "corporate boardroom" to me as in: Generic rap name? Check. Gangbanger backstory? Check. From a "typical" 'hood synonymous with Hip Hop and the West Coast? Check. Wanna get a reality show in the current era 'cause the status is "has been"? Check.

But from hearing this track, he goes in with a "**** your favorite rapper" vengeance which I always like coming from any MC male or female and this track bumps but I can do without the tired homoerotic fellatio references.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of this dude

Top Game essentials.
A) Blood, Crip, Chucks Taylors, West side, Compton, LA.
B) Dre, 50, Em, G-unit, Aftermath, Pac, Big, Easy E.

He said in the song count his name drops. I would probably like his music if he wasn't saying a few bars then adding A or saying a few bars then saying B.
Most of that gang bang shit is tired now. He kind of makes a image that's like all the west represents is the shit he raps about. I think he really never developed as a artist and changed his way of anything in the slightest. A 2005 verse from game sounds like a 2014 verse with all that essential stuff I mentioned earlier.

I mean skip through this video 10 songs...and tell me if I'm wrong.

All the cliche things that makes Game, Game is what i like about him.

Westcoast, blood, compton, LA, Dr. Dre, NWA, Pac references, hood, etc.

Dude is good at one thing and makes no excuses about it.

He embodies that warrior spirit of hip-hop.

I know exactly what i'm going to get when i put on a Game record on, it's like
DMX, Jadakiss, Styles P... you know exactly what they are going to give you before
you listen to it.

It's Fight Club, Gladiator music.

I like the fact that he's cut from that Jay Z, 50 Cent, DMX, Eminem, Nas cloth.

I do hate the fact that Interscope stop giving a shit about him after the 2nd album.
I honestly believe Jimmy Iovine realized he couldn't control him and just let him do him lol.

Him focusing too much on G-Unit, constantly name dropping and doing the bipolar shit in
interviews didn't help, but when he came out with that Dr. Dre endorsement? He was being
set up as a westcoast Jay/50. It was the perfect intro for the guy.

Last edited:

Jesus Piece is probably my favorite album by Game (yes, even more than the Documentary). Love all the choral samples he has going on in the latter half of the album. Game can be hit or miss (I honestly didn't like the R.E.D. Album that much) but when he's on he's an exciting rapper to listen to.

The namedrops might get grating for some people but personally I love them. While some rappers may namedrop occasionally, Game's excessive namedropping just makes him more unique than a bunch of other rappers. Without the namedrops, well, Game wouldn't be Game. He'd just be another west coast rapper talking about a bunch of gangbanging shit. He's always seemed to have pretty good judgement with his beat selection and guest selection, too.

I f_ck wit game....
His new album was nicer than i expected
-everybody been droppin basic ass albums...

his oke mixtape was ok too

I've thought this same sentiment for a long time... when I heard him on a song with NAS... and he beat NAS....

The whole GAMUT... can be a bad thing though to the rest of the world.

I was that guy once, It doesn't work outside of rap music...

People on FP have heard me rap, ha. I'm over 40 now though, THAT ish is DONE! (but you can't get this music out of you for some reason)

Older now, no trouble in the past thankfully. Get off of the HIP HOP mentality.

Good people exist. You choose 'em.

Last edited:
I like his flow and voice. He name drops too much for me and I see through the rough exterior. He's not authentic like a Tray Dee in them streets so he's a bit of a fraud when he reps that gang life. His bio has been exagerrated, his brother Big Fase said he was never in a coma. He said Big Fase was a G in them streets and then a video came out showing Fase was a punk. He's a decent rapper/fake gangsta sort of like that Chris Rock parody CB4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY89JnQFw30&list=PL4A7282CAD0133D54

He's no different than Rick Ross. Black men recreating themselves and creating these larger than life images they can sell to the public. They pull it off so well some call it pure genuis. The song is hot, love the cadence on the chorus. The name drops haven't stopped though.

Last edited:
Back