Freddie Gibbs Pinata

athagreat

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, what would you guys rate the album? Some people have given it a 4.5/5.
I thought it was pretty good especially with the production from madlib but also i feel like he has had better tracks in the past.
I want to hear everybody's opinion on the album

I liked what I heard of it, a little too sample-heavy for my tastes, but its a good album. I like Gibbs style and think it meshes well with 'libs production.

Last edited:
Yea i kinda felt like it had too many samples. But that is madlibs style, I just wish it had more sub bass to liven it up ya know?

Mos Def. Thats the good thing about Gibbs its like he has one foot in the industry and the other in the underground world so he does what he wants

I have been following Madlib and Gibbs for a while now, at one time it was MadGibbs, I really enjoy everything they do. Really like to work with some cats like these, Madlib is up there in my book, one of my influences when I sample no doubt. Dude's genius.

You have to be honest though...white people wouldn't be ****in' with this record if it weren't for Madlib. Soulja Boy, Migos, Ace Hood over some Madlib beats and whiteboys will lose their minds with praise.

You have to be honest though...white people wouldn't be ****in' with this record if it weren't for Madlib. Soulja Boy, Migos, Ace Hood over some Madlib beats and whiteboys will lose their minds with praise.

Stereotyping isn't very cool, I know plenty of races who would enjoy this release.

Keep it real.

@ERRL - well said.

I am a 36 year old white Scottish dude - been listening to hiphop for years. Obviously I can't relate to a lot of MCS directly when they're rhyming about ghetto upbringings - but I am more about the production.
Music should transcend petty shit like who should be listening to what anyway.

@ERRL - well said.

I am a 36 year old white Scottish dude - been listening to hiphop for years. Obviously I can't relate to a lot of MCS directly when they're rhyming about ghetto upbringings -.

So you're telling me you've never flipped a bird or got some top from a chicken in your whip after puffing a bogey. Just messing with you since you said you can't relate to the hood. I've outgrown alot of the ghetto shyt too so I know what you mean about listening strictly for the production.

Last edited:
hAHA- I still have some fave MCs too of course. Dooms way up there.

And check this, sorry if I'm going off topic: These guys are young producers from (my home) Scotland. The dusty jazzy tip, with some guest MCs including Moka Only, Count Bass D, Ladybug Mecca to name a few.
The Product | Jazz Spastiks

I am missing having peers - I live in southern Thailand with zero scene for beats or hiphop - makes being an amateur producer a lonely existence, but to go home and live in the shitty UK climate........

Other than the feeling of having a lot of sampling beats, I still enjoyed the album. Gibbs is always fun to listen to and it's refreshing to listen to him and not the generic rap we hear on the radio. I wouldn't give it 4.5/5, but a 4 seems more reasonable.

Back