forbes five wealthiest hip hop artists of 2012

I gotta give Diddy credit though. He ain't really had a top notch artists since Biggie, but he has continued to hustle! You might like him, but he knows how to make buck! Also, I think if Jay and B stay together they have the best chance cause she got be worth bout 200-300 million.

By that you mean tricking people people into signing bogus ass contracts, and all their publishing rights like he did biggie.
I thought that was the music biz. In the beginning he didn't even own the masters to Big's stuff, he had to buy that back. The reason so many artists attempt to go solo or indie is because the shady nature of the biz. This stuff goes back a long time, I mean Berry Gordy did this stuff too. Every now and then you get artists who learn the biz and negotiate better contracts (like Ray Charles owning his masters back in the day), but for the most part the shady contracts,weak support, etc are more of the norm.

If you haven't seen it check this documentary: [FONT=&quot]Money for Nothing: Behind the Business of Pop Music[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (2001). I think they a flash version somewhere online. Pretty good breakdown of the biz by artists, and it was made b4 360 deals and what not. [/FONT]

you cant TRICK somebody into signing a bogus ass contract

I agree on that, but diddy is nothing more than a con artist. I'll leave it at that. He signs these guys off the streets that he knows dont know shit about business, and then he has the nerve to act like he's their friend, gtfo lol. Diddy deserves to get snuffed.

I agree on that, but diddy is nothing more than a con artist. I'll leave it at that. He signs these guys off the streets that he knows dont know shit about business, and then he has the nerve to act like he's their friend, gtfo lol. Diddy deserves to get snuffed.

or maybe they deserve to be conned. For God's sake just read over that contract. contact a lawyer to read it. It actually doesn't cost too much for a lawyer to look over something. Or just don't sign the contract.

if thats the case every label in the industry ever is a con artist

they all go after people "in the streets" that just happen to not know a thing about business, thats nobodies fault but their own. Everybody acts like your friend. There are no friends in the music industry period. You got people you really fuk with, associates, and peers. thats it, there are no friends in any business period

i think thats where people get ****ed up, they think because they are "friends" with somebody that they won't fuk you over, or have their own interest in mind. Nobody is gonna have your best interest for you, except YOU. not your "friends" not your family and def not people who are making money off you

if thats the case every label in the industry ever is a con artist

they all go after people "in the streets" that just happen to not know a thing about business, thats nobodies fault but their own. Everybody acts like your friend. There are no friends in the music industry period. You got people you really fuk with, associates, and peers. thats it, there are no friends in any business period

i think thats where people get ****ed up, they think because they are "friends" with somebody that they won't fuk you over, or have their own interest in mind. Nobody is gonna have your best interest for you, except YOU. not your "friends" not your family and def not people who are making money off you

I agree.......

The music business is just that, a business.
At the end of the day, if they can't make money off of you, you're done. Period.

NONE OF WHAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS TRUE.

they're all just JEALOUS HATERS...COMPLAINERS...

they're just MAD because they're not getting money like all the CURRENT, POPULAR, HOT artists are.

people just WHINE and COMPLAIN because they are BROKE and JEALOUS -

NONE OF WHAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS TRUE.

they're all just JEALOUS HATERS...COMPLAINERS...

they're just MAD because they're not getting money like all the CURRENT, POPULAR, HOT artists are.

people just WHINE and COMPLAIN because they are BROKE and JEALOUS -
Your basing this on the clip or did you see the whole film? The film is not about jealously, it proves a breakdown of the business. How is someone a hater for want a bigger cut of their product? Toni Braxton was Current and Popular and HOT in the nineties and she filed for bankruptcy! Whitney Houston basically died broke! It just information, because the reality is there are way more broke artists than hot and popular ones. Your hating on information. Now that's hate!

The film is not about jealously, it proves a breakdown of the business. How is someone a hater for want a bigger cut of their product?

there's no CURRENT SUPERSTARS on that clip...just a bunch of HAS-BEEN / NOBODIES - artists that are hot NOW and making money NOW aren't on that film...just a few WASHED UP artists -

Back