Eminem using the N word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like eminem but to say race has nuttin to do with it?????

i am not surprised by what eminem said at all. living where he lived it most have been really hard for him. believe me i can understand what he is going thru . but truth be told it isnt gonna hurt his sales one bit i dont think . most of his fans are white and i realy think they could care less if he said nigger to be honest. but the thing is is that black ppl have been thru alot of crap. some diserved and some not. and you do see in the news everyday about how a black guy with drugs geta arrested for like 10 years and a white guy with the same amount gets probation and alot less jail time and sometimes a fine. and if u think im playin just turn on the news and watch it . its tru that black ppl always say stuff about white ppl and that when white ppl say sumthin its a big deal. i wish their we be no racism and that ppl could be equals but that will never happen. its tru that we do dumb stuff in our youth but its no excuse. we are still accountable for our actions . and yes their is a double standard b/c eminems 8 mile movie ppl were promoting it like the best movie ever. even nbc had it on . ( do u know how rare it is for nbc to promote a movie with a rapper in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so ppl that claim its all his skill and not his color is either on something or the most naive ppl to ever walk the earth. benzino is stupid tho. the comparisons he made are ridiculous. he most have been high when he said that . thatsthe only way to explain it.
peace out

Did anyone in here ever stop to think for a second, we're talking about Benzino here. The audio is most likely fake.

Who isn't white? It's the african part that throws everyone for a loop. Oh and didn't everyone come from one place ( and two people adam and eve). So what's the fuss about??????????

Man_Unlimited said:
Who isn't white? It's the african part that throws everyone for a loop. Oh and didn't everyone come from one place ( and two people adam and eve). So what's the fuss about??????????
First of all, the first people were in Africa and therefore they were black. This is a scientific fact. Look up and make sure you know what you are talking about before you post, so you won't look as stupid as Em. Secondly if you are white, and you are defending Eminem then you are a Jacka$$, and I don't mean Johnny Knoxville. I wish one of you would call me a nigger.

^true

Yeah, regardless of when it was said, it was wrong for him to say and a lot of yall got to be white. When I read the topic and the first post, I was like there is gonna be some pissed off people in this thread, but I find a bunch of white people defending Em. It's like Em is straight using MY culture to get paid when in reality he doesn't respect it? True Benzino is on some sabotage stuff right now, but that does not change the fact that Em said disrespectful stuff about the black community and now depends on a product of the black community to become rich. Dang, I gotta go to class but I will be back...

Some act suprised. Racism hasn't ended. Its just not as blatant as the past. Eminem's biggest mistake is that the public heard it. Did you expect him to love Black people just because he raps?

huh.

i saw the headline somewhere and just assumed it was something Em recorded when he was a teenager or something. but you're talking 3 years before he started to really blow up. i know there's some young people here, but it's not like the age of 21 is some sort of pubescent, formidable age. i mean, how many people here over 21 can say their attitudes have changed that much?

it's ill that Eminem would say something like that. i know the man's a hype and is usually not in his right mind, but this only indicates that somewhere deep in his mind he has prejudices against Black people. alot of people have prejudices, but this SHOULD be a contradiction of what Eminem has represented during his career.

but then again, most of his fans wouldn't be offended by those statements anyway, so i doubt if it has any long-term effect on his career.

damn, just like Elvis.

Peso, i think Man Unlimited was pointing out the fact that most Black folks in America have Caucasian blood due to the common sexual abuses during Slavery.

He might even attract a few more fans. Those that dont even necessarily like blacks & rap music but are intrigued that he's does not reallty like blacks & he's successful in a black dominated field. He's from segregated Detroit. What do you expect. He may collaborate with black artists and participate in music performed by Blacks but that does not mean he likes us.
D12 is is his insulation and was his ghetto pass when he was trying to come up in Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't he dating a black girl? So how is he racist? I see alot of black girls in Jamaica who go for white guys because they can get money from them. A lot of tourists come here and they go after the white guys more than the black guys. They just assume that the white guys have more money to spend. I think it was wroung of hime to generalize about all black girls, but I see it as a fact of life where I'm from. Girls hit me up all the time because they think I am rich. I also see black guys trying to get with old white ladies for money. Just this morning, a co-worker asked if I know any old white lady in Ocho Rios to set him up with. In a country like Jamaica where 90% is black and the rest are Chinese, Indian, White, Latin, Jewish or mixed, the common perception is that people with lighter skin have more money, which is normally true. As such, there are going to be some people who will want them just for their money. Maybe, Em's girl was like that. When people are upset they do crazy things. It's not an excuse, it's a reason. He shouldn't have said it, but it doesn't make him racist.

Mr.Curlz said:
Wasn't he dating a black girl? So how is he racist? I see alot of black girls in Jamaica who go for white guys because they can get money from them. A lot of tourists come here and they go after the white guys more than the black guys. They just assume that the white guys have more money to spend. I think it was wroung of hime to generalize about all black girls, but I see it as a fact of life where I'm from. Girls hit me up all the time because they think I am rich. I also see black guys trying to get with old white ladies for money. Just this morning, a co-worker asked if I know any old white lady in Ocho Rios to set him up with. In a country like Jamaica where 90% is black and the rest are Chinese, Indian, White, Latin, Jewish or mixed, the common perception is that people with lighter skin have more money, which is normally true. As such, there are going to be some people who will want them just for their money. Maybe, Em's girl was like that. When people are upset they do crazy things. It's not an excuse, it's a reason. He shouldn't have said it, but it doesn't make him racist.

I think Em hates individuals from every group. He's an equal opportunity hater. He's dissed White America, Gays, his moms, ex wife etc... Whoever hurts him or he disagreess with feels the wrath of his pen. There are golddiggers in every race. Every hear of Anna Nicole Smith? She married some old white fart who was worth a few hundred million.

First of all, 21 is NOT young. He was a grown man.

Why are you Black guys even arguing with these white guys about if the lyrics were a big deal or not. Most White people will never understand. How the F*%k can you compare Gays to Blacks!!

I keep hearing some white people say that we need to get over slavery!

Dont worry, Eminem will start doing Country/Rock or playing white movies roles when he "grows up". Just look at Everlast or Mark Wahlberg.

Hip-hop thing is usually a phase for these guys when they are "immature".

This stuff just pisses me off because I'm on the verge of graduating from college and I have to try to sound/act as “white” as possible on my job interviews. I just can’t shake the Hip-hop look though - I'm a young Black guy.

Mr.Curlz, most Jamaican/foreign girls who have never traveled think that all Americans are rich.. I’ve only been in the US a few years and when I go back to JA the non-travelers think that I am automically rich. That has nothing to do to Eminem’s situation.

CASTLE HILL said:
Some act suprised. Racism hasn't ended. Its just not as blatant as the past. Eminem's biggest mistake is that the public heard it. Did you expect him to love Black people just because he raps?

we dont even know the man. we do not. look at how many times black radio hosts make blanket statements in the prime of the conciousness and nary a word is said. this guy could be a racist in fact but he hasnt portrayed this in any of his actions exept for something he said when he wasnt even the same damn person. you could be on the ocean and left to die because a white guy blew your boat up and then one comes to your rescue when you most need it and helps you with genuine care. they're both white. but they life with a different purpose. and you realize that you cannot make a blanket ideology that personifies them all. i believe that eminem had come to this epiphany eons ago. dont ever fish for a reason to want to hate someone cause there's plenty in the mirror. that is a blanket statement that can be justifiably applied to most. let him live and be judged by the actions of his maturity. imagine being branded as a pervert for life because you lifted up a girl's skirt in 7th grade. even in your adulthood. contrast your mindset and see how meaningless it is to judge him by these archaic statements.

I feel you

I feel you lowbiz, I'm gonna have to battle with these white folks at studios where only hip-hop is recorded. I guess my bigest problem with Em is that he's getting rich off our culture and then we find out he really doesn't respect us. White people just don't understand what we put up with on a daily basis.

Hip Hop was born in the Boogie Down Bronx by hispanics and blacks. Some how the hispanic contribution to hip hop was pushed aside and very rarely mentioned. But I'm still Hip Hop and will be till I die. Hip hop to me has no shape, color or form. The hip hop I've grown to admire & love is diverse.

Uno/1

gams:cheers:

?

Hip-hop may be loved by many races but we all know it hasn't always been like that. The same old white men who hated hip-hop in the 80's and 90's, now want hip-hop to promote their products. Hip-hop is a money maker right now, that's why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Now we have white people participating in it, when they don't respect us as black people. They just want to use our music to make money.

LowBizzle said:
First of all, 21 is NOT young. He was a grown man.

This stuff just pisses me off because I'm on the verge of graduating from college and I have to try to sound/act as “white” as possible on my job interviews. I just can’t shake the Hip-hop look though - I'm a young Black guy.

I feel ya. I am continually passed over for management jobs & promotions because I resemble a muscular dark skinned Suge Knight.(bald head & beard) I have consistently outperformed other employees but in Corporate America theres that "glass ceiling" that's so prevalent . You have to have thick skin. Unfortunately we must learn how to play the white man's game to get ahead. You have to be twice as good as your co-workers. Learn as much as possible and as soon as you have an opportunity to run your own company, take full advantage of it. That's the solution. That's why I respect the old school Asian community, they create their own opportunities. Warning you will encounter some Blacks who will abandon their culture in hope of being accepted. Dont worry, they suffer more than you because they'll never be accepted no matter how hard they try. Some try to switch back later in life after being continoulsy rejected. Knowledge of self is key.

Some lines fromt he audio:

I’lll get straight to the point/Black girls are b*tches, that’s why I’ma tell ya you better pull up your britches/Cause all that cash is making your ass drag from the boyfriend ya ganked and that’s pretty bad/I mean that’s pretty sad when ya dating a Black guy/And then you turn around a f*ck another big, Black guy now that’s pretty wrong, but you’re just ganking/But that’s okay because you need a godd*mn spanking/From me, the funky Eminem

All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n*gger sh*t/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit/
-------------

I can't understand why some of you are defending this racist.

Mr.Curlz, most Jamaican/foreign girls who have never traveled think that all Americans are rich.. I’ve only been in the US a few years and when I go back to JA the non-travelers think that I am automically rich. That has nothing to do to Eminem’s situation

You probably won't find an educated Jamaican black girl thinking that. You probably won't find a white Jamaican girl who hasn't travelled thinking that either. Maybe Em's girl was as backward as they get and only saw him as a meal ticket. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the unexposed people here tend to be black and as such will think that way. Would it be racist for someone who has only had experiences with this type of girl to say that they only want money from him? Would it be racist if a black guy said "Don't go with white girls. They only want you because of your big d!ck."? Is it racist to say white men can't jump or that blacks are physically superior to whites or the chinese have little d!ck$ or Jews are smarter than everyboby else? Nobody said anything when Jay Z said "Had a chinese girl, had to leave her quick/Cause she kept bootlegging my sh!T." That's also generalizing about the Chinese but it's not racist. If you watch comic view on BET, you'll hear black people dissing black people and generalizing about black people and saying things about black people that are not in the least complimentary. But people laugh because they know that alot of black people are like that. They also laugh about the white jokes because alot of white people are like that. Does that make the comedians racist? No. It's like that black monopoly ghettopoly game that's out now. A lot of black people will buy that game because they think it's funny. WHy is it funny to them? Because a lot of it is true in their experience. I think the game is degrading but people will buy it. If Em's experiences with black girls were negative up to that point, he might make generalizations about black girls that aren't true in all cases.

Ridiculous

Im 21 and I know this is childish Benzino is the biggest faget if this is what he does with his time, well I guess hes gotta after making so many ****ty songs but oh well thats my opinion.

This was in 1993, thats a fact, its 2003 now. I was kinda surprised at how good Eminems reply was to this, its really good and the guy did do it 10 years ago and Im sure in that situation when he was going out with a black chick and was angry at her and he expresses him self through his words and he admits to rapping it and like give the guy a ****ing break it wasnt even racist mang!

I agree with Em when he says that we should all just leave it like it was meant when he was angry and young and dumb and not make it seem like he just went into the studio with 50 and Dre last nite and spit that ****. I buy all Eminems **** and download it and people are just haters, hes in the top 10 if not 5 ****.

YA HEARD ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back