The Dream - Making Beats

this a certified classic video right here, it should be frame on a wall somewhere lol. But, naw shout out to you man this is a great find. This is definitely motivating video.

Even though the Dream keeps it simple the final is always hot... My mentor used to tell me to K.I.S.S. stuff all the time....
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid...lol
Between him and R-Less they make it look easy.

Dang... I thought Tricky made the beats and Dream wrote the lyrics.... but either way, both are still pretty talented.

Man, i didn't know he had it like that. Dude be beastin' in the studio. I didn't even know he made beats.

im trippin out about these skinny, IT, nerdy ass looking white boys engineering in all these videos lmao!! they look like the only dudes in the room that arent eatin but anyhoo, yes Dream is that good and yes, he makes it look that easy.

ha mad talented but damm he really needs that auto tune bad huh.
By the way why did they thin out his vocals so much? when he was recording and they were tracking, his vocals sounded so wholesome whereas when they finished they sounded thin and artificial???

damn i wanted to see him make da beat for put it down
i b bumpin that daily

haha
hell no he dont need auto tune

Last edited:
My Love sounds like "my first beat". If someone from FP had come up with that beat, people would clown.

Put It Down sounds straight out of R.Kelly's song book. Lyrics, delivery, cadence, everything, But nice song though.

I really like The Dream though, and think he's an incredible talent...

but who are the yes men/dancers in the background? lol

Claborn said:
im trippin out about these skinny, IT, nerdy ass looking white boys engineering in all these videos lmao!!
Production Rules for Hip Hop/R&B

Rule 1 - You ain't shit unless you have a white engineer.

Last edited:
Claborn said:
im trippin out about these skinny, IT, nerdy ass looking white boys engineering in all these videos lmao!! they look like the only dudes in the room that arent eatin but anyhoo, yes Dream is that good and yes, he makes it look that easy.

The ones with the degrees?

And my love is ****in basic as hell, BUT with mastering, a semi alright singer but creeative song writer and Mariah you have a hit.

Last edited:
dam...sh!t made me want to actually use the sounds from my fantom...I'm bout to go grab some s/dif cable....

Last edited by a moderator:
j.troup said:
My Love sounds like "my first beat". If someone from FP had come up with that beat, people would clown.
This is funny, but so true.

I actually feel like this about a lot of industry beats.

Back