Do you think Wale will retire?

TDOT

I'm sure everyone is aware that Wale challenged someone on Twitter, mocking him saying that he could never get 10,000 retweets and that if he did he would retire from rap.

Anyways, the challenger very quickly hit 10,000 retweets...lol

Do you think he'll stick to his word? Probably not, but at least he realizes now that people really aren't big fans of his music.

I thought it was pretty funny that so many people quickly reacted.

Wale's incapable of......

One day he'll be able to finish that statement and then he may be an alright MC.

The answer is humbling himself and being able to take criticism constructively.

^^^ I respect that because I've never been a Wale fan and a big part of that is due to his ego...if he was a humble dude my perspective would definitely be different.

He's delusional....
He talks about sports as if he's the end all and be all of sports knowledge, yet when put the test, he can't even dribble a basketball...
He photo bombs peoples interviews and pictures and always talks about how great his music is...what songs though???

and his response when he has no idea what to say..because he has nothing to say...is the b!tches love me...
Actually they probably only love your status in the entertainment world, dude always looks ashy as hell.

Im a wale fan... have been since 100 miles n running...
f_cked with more about nothing too...
U should check out his mixtapes.. never been a fan of the albums... try to hard if u ask me...
He was never a humble dude even from the beginning (beginning of the song wale dance )... To be humble around here (dmv) is very unlikely...
Theres alot of big headed egotistical ppl... its just the way it is here....

As for good songs...
From early to later
-Rediscover me, Warming up cane, Daytona square
- Goodbye ,Sharp, The sun, Let a nigga know
- Samples n sh_t, Limitless, Chun, Fa we we freestyle, Barry Sanders

Not trynna change ya mind... but u cant count him out... its a reason kendrick added his name to the control verse....

Last edited:
Damn I actually dislike that guy so much, he's probably the one artist I've disliked the most of all time.

Something about him really bugs me and it all revolves around his ego.

Asbolutely though, especially in hip-hop, but the egos usually come with something to back it up...whether it's street cred, or already having paper, killing the battle rap scene in the underground...whatever the case may be.

But where does Wales ego come from?
I've never heard a buzz about Wale...only time I hear his name and when he's complaining or voicing his opinion...

When he wasn't named in the top artists list, he started crying and his reaction was to not acknowledge the list as if it didn't exist...no nigg@ that is the list, you're not on it cause ur trash.

I've tried so listen to him many times, everything from his flow to word play to me is just so bad, which is why I'm still scratching my head...he doesn't sound natural at all to me...you can tell he raps and he thinks he's got these crazy bars and he thinks it's so amazing but it really isn't...

It's more so who he knows...I remember last year at OVO he opened up the show and I kid you not, everyone was hanging around and the music started, so people started getting hype. Everyone was making there way to their seats but when I mentioned it was Wale lol everyone turned back and continued to do what they do...I kind of felt bad, cause people go crazy for everyone at OVO and the fact that he came out that early and no one even knew who he was, should have been humbling enough....Like there's a line up of like 12 artists performing...everyone comes out as a special guest but you come out before the show even starts...ask Drake why?...

But Wale would know why, he'd say it's because he's so good and they want him to get everyone in the spirit and his voice is magical and can put people into a trance sorta say....

wale is a decent enough rapper, not bad at all and certainly well above the average internet rapper but has an ego like he's top 10 dead or alive.

Above internet rappers absolutely, he's better then LIL B I'll give him that...but at the same time there a hundreds of internet rappers who are better then him...

and still although LIL B is a worst rappers, I still like him better then Wale, cause Wale as a person bugs the hell out of me.

I can't wait to see his response to the 10,000 retweets, he's probably going to say the the dude created 10,000 twitter accounts himself lol and that the women still love him...if women love him for him then call me Hugh Hefner

Yes...

the same day 50 retires for losing sales to Kanye

50 and Kanye was a publicity stunt though...I knew he wouldn't retire.

Wales situation is different, I know he won't retire, but I know one thing though...he feels dumb as hell...and rightfully so lol

It's not a big deal though cause really this ices the cake as to what Wale is...a mouthpiece...he just talks and never follows through with his word.

I roll with Wale. One of most versatile cats in the game.
Although the attitude stuff (he feels under appreciated) may turn some folks off. His last album had some nice tunes on there
I never met him, so I ain't got no issue with him

Like u said he feels slept on.... if u see some of his interviews thats whats on his brain all the time...
But i now some people who have met him when he was early n the game... n like i said he's never changed...
He still was a ass hole b4 the money came in... so i can respect that...
His way of thinkin is...
-u aint love me b4 u herd of me... so all the love is fake... imma just do me n if u like it bet... if u dnt just give me my credit lls....

^^ He needs to get comfortable with the skin he's in, instead going off on folks when the critique him.
Can't be an a hole and then turn around and say nobody likes me:hmmm:

Last edited:
I stood alone in these forums saying Ambition was the best album of whatever year it came out. I was always around here promoting his early mixtape stuff. He once upon a time WAS an okay rapper. I'm talking like a 6.5/10 which is good enough to be one of the greats if everything aligns for you(T.I., Wayne). Then, somewhere down the line he convinced himself he was greater than he was, and music consumers were too stupid to recognize his greatness. From there he started making below average stuff at best with the idea it was legendary work and is too stubborn to see he should be creating a better product, but instead sees it as others not understanding him. As long as he refuses to recognize where he's flawed and fix it, he won't move forward. And on top of that he digresses without the acknowledgement of a decline in the quality of his product.

Even the "fans" are saying that. He won't see it. He thinks his last shyt is the best music ever made and will think the same of his next shyt and the shyt after that regardless of what others say. In Wale's mind he just goes over EVERYONE'S head rather than realizing that if NO ONE get's it, you're the f**king problem.

Last edited:
He's not under appreciated though, he's just wack...
He needs to stop crying, there are actual good talented artists out there who are really under appreciated so who is this guy to speak?

Let the people tell you that you're great and underappreciated, ashy ass fool. Did his album flop because he's under appreciated? No, it flopped cause it was trash and no one cared or was anticipating it. This guy will never even win an award at any type of award show or probably even be nominated, unless it was the Washington Hip Hop Awards.

to me his album wasn't wack it was just so completely and utterly average that there nothing to hold on to/nothing stuck.

^^^ I'll agree with that, it wasn't trash cause trash is a harsh word, it was still music, but like you said it's just whatever, it's the equivalent of any body making music famous or not, nothing stood out, no bangers or big tracks overall a bad piece of work.

I'd give it a 4/10 and all those points if any are earned through some tracks i like the production on.

You know who should have an ego like Wale and could back it, CYHI THE PRINCE, just took his latest...wow dude could be the best out right now. His flows and word play are ridiculous.

You tlkn bout the black history joint...
I just copped it the other day... still aint give it a full listen but is planning on it..
I wonder why kanye dnt put him on like that...
Maybe he like u gotta put urself on..?

Back