DJ snake is one of the best right now

gescajadillo

hes killing it with the beats and i think he can outproduce most of the trap producers right now. Stepping up that 100bpm vibe

Last edited:
Just from the post he sounds like an EDM producer. Which really is just a category not to mean he outproducing anything or anybody.

People only get excited like that for EDM producers.

So me must be a EDM producer.

Oh....that guy.

Last edited:
that's EDM, trap is what you hear from Jeezy, Ross, etc.

trap is two things bro.. there's edm trap and there's trap music as in jeezy ross like you mentioned

and snake only made that 1 banger.. where's his discography? what other track has he produced

trap is two things bro.. there's edm trap and there's trap music as in jeezy ross like you mentioned

and snake only made that 1 banger.. where's his discography? what other track has he produced

it's only two things if you recognize the edm version of trap. I never will, how can you steal the name of an existing genre?

which is why you will never inspire a new genre

being purist about what is and what isn't a particular style/genre of music means that you have condemned yourself to being stagnant when it comes to creating in that style/genre

all musical styles grow out of older ones that are adapted and modified to meet new creative directions/needs

The terms Trap and EDM are both being subjected to a semantic shift on account of stupid noobs not knowing what the hell they are listening too.

which is why you will never inspire a new genre

being purist about what is and what isn't a particular style/genre of music means that you have condemned yourself to being stagnant when it comes to creating in that style/genre

all musical styles grow out of older ones that are adapted and modified to meet new creative directions/needs

you miss the point completely

"Turn Down for What" is a great party record. I haven't heard much from Snake, but a hand full of songs. I will say, however, all of them sound like "Turn Down for What".

lol! I'm shocked at how many people haven't seen this video. I'm usually the late one. Lil Jon just got another plaque a week ago because of it. DJ Snake, imo, would do better in full collab with other well known names. Because just like Skrillex, the pop world will not let him in for long. Not with music like that. Not saying it's wack but it's a sound due for wanting what's next. Skrillex had his time......last year Baauer had his chance. After that chance.......time to ride hip hop's coattail with music collabs....AKA beat placements. Those artist grab the fanbase you collected while you hot. THEN......next!!!

No offense to dude though. Props on the platinum and most likely multiplatinum record. But showing the patterns here.

Last edited:
Back