Dj Paul & Juicy J > Kanye West

M

Mannie Fresh Jr

seriously, if you wanna go track for track kanye isnt touching paul and juice , they always bring some fire and kanye's style is slowly getting old

I don't know dog... I can't remember when EITHER Paul or Juicy were the most anticipated artist to drop something. I'm ONLY stating the truth. I love three six especially Gangsta Boo with her nasty self ( I wanna hit from the back for real!!) They're ill. Dope production. Definitely skills.

i'm with mannie jr. on this one. 3 6 got some hard ass beats and kanye has those "in one ear & out the other" beats. he's never made anything that had me wonderin "who produced it", but as far as rappin goes, kanye is better way than them.

i'm not sure where all this kanye anticipation is comin from though. he's the man all over this site, (but then again, so is premier :rolleyes: ) he's gettin a lil black radio play, but i aint really heard nobody around here checkin for kanye's album like that. he just seems really plain to me, its like he's bein forced on people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like both of their production styles but neither of them are the greatest rappers......I think Kanye is rapping because he has the outlet to do it.(kind of like when rappers try to act and they suck at it)....paul and j arent the greatest lyricists either but all three make fire ass beats!!!!

Comparing Paul and J to Kanye is like comparing apples to oranges. They do 2 different things. Paul and J make underground, south, club ****. It doesn't appeal to a lot of people. However, they are good at what they do. Kanye makes the type of music that appeals to a wider audience. He's not trying to make some crunk, south sounding **** for the clubs. I honestly, don't really like a lot of either ones music. But I will say that they are good at what they do. They all have tremendous talent.

Why did you even make this post? This is your opinion and you didnt give any reasons why you think they are better . You want to talk about getting old, 3 6 mafia have used the same 808 drum machine drums and hi hat on every single beat since the early 90's, EVERY SINGLE BEAT. And considering they are different types of producers this makes this post even more pointless.

Juicey J??? Hell No...
Kanye West, Most anticipated, By Who??? Alvin and the Chipmunks?

I'm really not understanding this Kanye West thing either. Dude definitely has some bangers....

"Guess Who's Back" - Scarface
"Good To You"- Talib
"This Can't Be Life"- Jigga

...But it's gotta be all hype. I can't even take this dude seriously as an emcee. Most dudes I know who love his work can't even explain why they do. It's all a huge front. In fact, I think it's become popular for people to support the "UNDERDOG" which is why they'll talk sh!t about Just Blaze but praise Kanye. Dudes never wanna praise the flashier producer/rapper, and that's just the way it goes.

And just for the record neither of the opponents are f@ckin' with the likes of Just Blaze. Please. Don't even try it.

I see Kanye's music like this... imagine you looking at an old photo album of family pictures, I mean like some late '60 or '70 pictures of ya pops decked out, and ya mom trying to look like pam grier. You when you were lil with your favorite tight ass shirt, and ya sister had on big frame glasses playin patty cake. Everybody at the dinner table for a family gathering. And grandma sitting on her favorite chair. Now if you're begining to feel me, now listen to one of his tracks. Like "H to the Izzo", "Guess who's back", even "Slow Jamz". Nevermind the lyrics, only the beat...

Now if you haven't gotten my point. His music is more vintage and nostalgic. Making us feel like going back to our urban youth... our past. It might be funny to you, but certain tight of music sets a scene and makes a significance to us.

now I could give you Just Blaze's imagination of '70s funk mixed with '80s synths like a modern day "Herbie Hancock" type of feel... but I leave that alone for now.

my 2 cents... gotta love it!
dame

Back