DJ MUSTARD 10 Summers??? Thoughts?

Dennis1990

He did good work on Yg's My Krazy Life
He put out this album to prove he is TOP producer for a reason.

I thought this album would have good simple catchy beats.

I dont know if he produced all these beats single handed or had people come in and play the large piano chords or guitars.

A lot of these songs sounds like west coast classics (that could have been made in the 90's)
1. Low Low
2. Ghetto Tales
3. Throw Ya Hood Up

are definitely LA/West Coast music!

4. No Reason
5. Giuseppee
6. Face Down (Kinda sounds like a switched up version of YG's-Left, Right)

Are those simple DJ Mustard beats that I expected the album to be full of.

Tinashe (interlude)
Ty Dolla Sign (Interlude)

Can mustard REALLY makes beats like that?????
Or How much help did he have with those interludes cause there probably the best on the album
I don't think he play piano or guitar so Im curious if he produced those all by himself.

If he has the ability to makes songs out of interludes like that he'll deifinitely be around for 10 summers

I know hes making money off these simple beats but if he wants to make a LONG LASTING imprint in the Music Industry instead of whats hot for a WHILE then he should make big records like that to prove he an do much more.

it's good just repetitive.. glad i'm not in a box when it comes to producing. i feel our ears are getting are getting tired of his sound... he has like 0 songs charting these days ..

Honestly, it's good simply because it's exactly what I expected.

Nothing ground breaking in terms of sonics, or even lyricism, but if you like Mustard beats (which I do), then there's really nothing to complain about.

And of course Mustard has other people play for him. You can hear it on a few tracks and just know he didn't play that off top. He's admitted it in a few interviews already about having other people play. I'm not mad at all about that, because that's what PRODUCERS do, and he has some money in his pocket by now im sure....so why not utilize other musicians? Shiii, I KNOW I would.

Being from the west coast, this is something I can vibe to in the car.

it's good just repetitive.. glad i'm not in a box when it comes to producing. i feel our ears are getting are getting tired of his sound... he has like 0 songs charting these days ..

he has a few songs on the charts right now. I'm pretty sure his skills are far above the simplistic stuff he's done. He knows how to make hits and if you can do it with a few sounds, then that's all you need. Don't know if he did those interludes himself, but he def has mad skills. Sometimes the simple stuff makes it to radio and that's what people associate him with while he could be capable of being more complex, it's just not the sound people go to him for. Producers, of all people should know this. You could sit there and make masterpieces everyday, then one day make a simple fun beat and have it become a hit. Then all the idiots will clown you for making simple music.

Last edited:
he has a few songs on the charts right now. I'm pretty sure his skills are far above the simplistic stuff he's done. He knows how to make hits and if you can do it with a few sounds, then that's all you need. Don't know if he did those interludes himself, but he def has mad skills. Sometimes the simple stuff makes it to radio and that's what people associate him with while he could be capable of being more complex, it's just not the sound people go to him for. Producers, of all people should know this. You could sit there and make masterpieces everyday, then one day make a simple fun beat and have it become a hit. Then all the idiots will clown you for making simple music.

true... he has his signature style like most producers do.. and his style is just super simple..

it's a good album. my only real problem was using the low-rider in the intro makes me want to compare it to 2001 which it's not even in the same league as, at the same time it's cool he payed homage to that album.

Back