Did Kanye West Produce This........

KS86 said:
^^^ Indeed!

Step 1: Take loop

Step 2: Slow it down

Step 3: add drums

......and there you have it, a hit record.

Its still one of my favourite tracks off Late Registration though.

Naw it's more than that. You need to be schooled. Could be a hot beat, but it may not be a hot record. The vocals and business said have to come into play too. It's not that easy, kid.

OK, i admit that statement was too simplistic.

I never said it was a shyte record, the point i was making was that it seems like it didnt take that much work making the beat (its just a looped sample). The drums are hot though.

So Foolish, I know i cant make a track as hot as that coz producers like Blaze have a knack for knowing exactly what they want from a sample. But in this case hardly any work was done to change the progression of the music.

Don't let them punk you, just go find a song and do it

Keep in mind that song was *already* a big hit. It's not like it was some unknown soul song under a pile of dusty old rare records... It was a major Curtis Mayfield song. I'll make one just as hot :)

Cheers, mate.

The whole sampling thing seems to bug out alot of people on FP. On the one hand, youve got people telling you not to just loop, that you need to chop up your samples coz otherwise its not "creative".

On the other hand, a straight loop can be the thing that makes a beat hot, probably becoz listeners feel like they have some connection with the sampled song. I know this is the case with me sometimes...ill be listening to some new joint and instantly recognise the sample...and ill be really feelin the new joint.

actually it was Kanye West AND Shondrae who did "Be Arrite". for those of u who aren't familiar w/ Shondrae, he also did "Bossy" by Kelis. He's a producer from the south that's been ghostproducing for awhile and is now finally coming into the limelight. he used to be a member here at FP.

KS86 said:
Cheers, mate.

The whole sampling thing seems to bug out alot of people on FP. On the one hand, youve got people telling you not to just loop, that you need to chop up your samples coz otherwise its not "creative".

On the other hand, a straight loop can be the thing that makes a beat hot, probably becoz listeners feel like they have some connection with the sampled song. I know this is the case with me sometimes...ill be listening to some new joint and instantly recognise the sample...and ill be really feelin the new joint.
thats because fp is filled with inexperience an experienced producer knows to just put together something hot by any means needed vs the new producers who are stuck on showin off or attempting to

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
He used royalty free ethnic samples. Nothing to clear.
"Raaz - Aapke Pyaar Mein" ------------------------------------------------------------- Know the facts before you speak, dipsh*t.

Last edited:
Yeah, that makes me a dip**** because there are a million royalty free samples that sound just like "Raaz - Aapke Pyaar Mein". You're a dip**** for looking that hard to find something to correct me on, now lie and say you just knew that off the top of your head. I do movie scores, I've heard a million royalty free riffs that sound just like that.

And no sample was listed in the credit, so he either stole it and will be sued years down the line, or it's royalty free like I said. Being that Kanye's a sample heavy producer I'd assume it was royalty free....dipsh*t

Last edited:
fiddlestix said:
"Raaz - Aapke Pyaar Mein" ------------------------------------------------------------- Know the facts before you speak, dipsh*t.
how is he a dip**** because he didn't no that the sample was from an indian song? looks like its that time of the month....

here's the video anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tndg9lT-w

Last edited by a moderator:
Cam'rox said:
actually it was Kanye West AND Shondrae who did "Be Arrite". for those of u who aren't familiar w/ Shondrae, he also did "Bossy" by Kelis. He's a producer from the south that's been ghostproducing for awhile and is now finally coming into the limelight. he used to be a member here at FP.

And you had the nerve to critique my music in that other thread..... I feel a lot better now after seeing these photos of you... it all makes sense. I worry when wack people like my stuff anyway... I definitely don't make my music for dudes like you... lol (other thread got closed before I could offer a rebuttal)

camrox.jpg

camrox1.jpg

For the first time, I'm at a loss for words. Whoo... I bet you speak fluent GEEK.

... out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back