Detox...Nope. Beats By Dre Coming Out With An I-Phone Killer?

He would be partnering with Samsung. Dre is smart as hell. Fifty smart as hell. Jay Z smart as hell. Puffy smart as hell. All are involved in more than just droppin new music.

Just sell the devices people play music on or through (because they cost 500x's more than a song)and let other people make the $0.99 songs.

You can't digitize headphones, smartphones, etc. so that people can download it as soon as it's uploaded.

... yep, smart.

Last edited:
Just sell the devices people play music on or through (because they cost 500x's more than a song)and let other people make the $0.99 songs.

You can't digitize headphones, smartphones, etc. so that people can download it as soon as it's uploaded.

... yep, smart.

Exactly. Can't stop people from stealing the music but they have to pay for the devices it plays on (on the most part). Just have to watch out for the counterfeit stuff from China and everywhere else.

Last edited:
Exactly. Can't stop people from stealing the music but they have to pay for the devices it plays on (on the most part). Just have to watch out for the counterfeit stuff from China and everywhere else.

Bad part is most people don't have the start up money to start something like that.

... anybody buy Dame Dash's RockBox back in the day, lol. Maybe he was ahead of his time.

this article sucks. dre ain't making an iphone killer,HTC is. they've been making iphone killers for years.

They never sold off the entire company.

HTC bought 51% of Beats Audio for $300 Million.

Then they sold half of that (25.5%) back to Iovine and Dre for $150 Million.

So Jimmy and Dre still own 74.5% of the company.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

... anybody buy Dame Dash's RockBox back in the day, lol. Maybe he was ahead of his time.

RocBox was definitely ahead of it's time. When the RocBox (which was just a rebranded Dell MP3 player) came out, the market for MP3 players was really just nerds who liked music. Most people didn't even know what MP3's were at the time.

The iPod wasn't even really a huge smash, until iTunes came out.

Dre don't want to mess with Apple.

Apple IS Steve Jobs. Last time he left the company to kill Hollywood with Pixar, Apple tanked and Microsoft went on to dominate the world. It was only when he returned that Apple made the comeback of the century but now he's gone for good (R.I.P.) and the vultures are beginning to circle.

Android has widen its marketshare 4 to 1 against IOS and unlike the rest of the music heads looking to win within pre-defined and mostly antiquated systems, Dre and Jimmy are looking to REDEFINE the system. While its very possible they be over-extending themselves with this move at least they're trying to really take it there (ex - challenging iTunes with their version called Daisy) instead of the rest of these cowards in the music biz settling with using the 360 model to eventually take nearly every dime from their artist

If they win with this they might as well go straight into the ISP game and go for the end to end lockdown. You know what I always say: IF YOU WANT TO LAUNCH BIG SHIPS YOU HAVE TO GO WHERE THE WATER IS DEEP. Dre and Jimmy are heading a few miles out while everyone else is building sand castles on the beach...

Last edited:
They never sold off the entire company.

HTC bought 51% of Beats Audio for $300 Million.

Then they sold half of that (25.5%) back to Iovine and Dre for $150 Million.

So Jimmy and Dre still own 74.5% of the company.

yeah,my bad. i just read a bout it.

First off, after HTC(2498) invested $300 million in Beats — which was a terrible idea — and then sold back half its stake — which was a less terrible idea — Beats is ready to make its own smartphone.

Back