Dead Rappers

Big L and Big Pun are the only 2 I think would have achieved that
greatness status ... I think Big & Pac would have eventually fell off
like all the past rappers of yester-years golden era.

Look how big some of the other rappers were and their careers
peaked and then just gradually decreased ...

Last edited:
too hard to judge who would've fallen off. if DMX would've gotten killed after his 2nd album, he'd be in the top 5...youngstas if you think im far off with that one...you were just too young to remember. Anyone remember how big DMX buzz was? then he dropped those two albums the same year..one in june one in december. he was killin the game. i dont think big L was as universal to achieve that superstar status. very dope tho.

Oh man, I see this thread blowing up real quick lol. From the MCs who passed I'd have to say in terms of skill level it would be between Big L and Pun since they both really dope lyricists and they had seemed like they were continuously getting even better with time. But I'm saying they'd probably be the best out of the others who passed, not overall....since Rakim, Kool G Rap, Kane, etc. are still alive.

Last edited:
2pac was so much more than a rapper. This guy had the mass public interested in everything he did. I seen a clip of him leaving court doing an interview, he had tons of reporters outside like he was Paris Hilton or somebody, scary thing was he was only 23 during all that footage. If he would have had the time to mature more, he could have done a lot. he was very influential, and what he didnt have in wordplay and punchlines, he more than made up for it with his delivery, intensity, and realness of what he was saying. it was very poetic. People always want to point out Hit Em Up and the negative tracks, but songs like So many tears, unconditional love, changes, and countless others...dude will always be in discussion as one of the greatest artist of all time...if not THE best, without the punchlines, and freestyle friday flow.

SleepDeez said:
2pac was so much more than a rapper. This guy had the mass public interested in everything he did. I seen a clip of him leaving court doing an interview, he had tons of reporters outside like he was Paris Hilton or somebody, scary thing was he was only 23 during all that footage. If he would have had the time to mature more, he could have done a lot. he was very influential, and what he didnt have in wordplay and punchlines, he more than made up for it with his delivery, intensity, and realness of what he was saying. it was very poetic. People always want to point out Hit Em Up and the negative tracks, but songs like So many tears, unconditional love, changes, and countless others...dude will always be in discussion as one of the greatest artist of all time...if not THE best, without the punchlines, and freestyle friday flow.

co sign, pac was trying to start a revolution, something way bigger than hip hop

This is so hard to answer. Cause 99 percent of the dopest rappers alive dont always stay that high in the game. I always thought no one would be doper than rakim, g-rap or kane but I have to give jayz, big, nas, pac and some others their credit. So it's really hard to say if they would have still been as relevant lyrically as they were when they were still alive.

This is my opinion. Big L was talented. He had some of the best punchlines I've ever heard. But I don't think he would have ever stuck out as the best. And that simply cause I think L would have been a great battle rapper but never really put together an event like a whole album. You have this kid Promise who reminds me alot of what L did. But I'm not sure it can be translated into an event. Big Pun was dope. But some of the later stuff was starting to move away from what I liked about him anyway. Reference the Dream Shatterer and Deep Cover for where he stood with me.

Now I dont know if im just being nostaligic or what. But everyday, on my way to work, I listen to 10 crack commandments and warning and I still think that biggie is the best of all time. If you take away that "if he was alive he'd be wack" or all that other stuff. I still just do not think that anyone has or will ever really touch what that man did for lyrics.

It's going to take a lot to impress me out of that opinion. But if it happens, I look forward to it! Cause that means it will be one dope ass rapper!

ps. pac was not the dopest lyricist by far. But he was hip hop embodied. He represented the struggle and the pain that the hood feels and that is why he is so far up there.

Last edited:
2pac... period. Timeless, his tracks from the mid-90s still shlt all over what people doing today. Plus he was only getting better with time.

Big L was the nicest in his time, idk bout 2007 tho

Biggy would still be bangin music are you kiddin me with all these producers today?

I think Pac would have moved onto something different.....maybe movies cuz he was doin alot of acting before he got popped

Mac Dre really only got popular after he died but he really pushed that Bay Area movement

Pun would be all over that Miami Dade County **** and just be rediculous

I gotta go with Soulja Slim. He was just about to ink the deal. Everybody needs to listen to some slim. To me he was the best rapper in Louisiana when he died, yes ahead of Lil Wayne. Dude was ice cold on the mic.

I agree with the Pac comment about being more than a rapper. As far as raw lyrics, no one is ****ing with B.I.G. He would have just gotten better. Dude was like what 24 when he died?

On another note, Pun was one of the most underated of all time, but I seriously cant believe there arent more people here saying Big, wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Pun probabaly would have still be shuttin the game down if he were still alive. Many would have considered him the best then Biggie then Pac. If they were alive now.

quezoxx said:
I agree with the Pac comment about being more than a rapper. As far as raw lyrics, no one is ****ing with B.I.G. He would have just gotten better. Dude was like what 24 when he died?

On another note, Pun was one of the most underated of all time, but I seriously cant believe there arent more people here saying Big, wow.

big was off the chain quezoxx, him and pac both had songs that was unbelievable, i love big first and last verse off that puff daddy and the family album, it had busta ryhmes on the hook, "raw nights i perform like mike / anyone tyson, jordan, jackson /

I gotta go wit Pac, becasue of Delivery, subject matter, intensity, and you could hear the pain in his voice when he spit. The dude had a message or a story in his rhymes, I still be like DAMN!!! when I listen to pac shyt...#1 Greatest ever hes the Micheal Jordan of HIP HOP!!

Oh yeah you'll gotta get his book a rose that grew from concrete.

I listen to some Pac and Big on a daily basis...I dont even like a lot of todays music, just watered down.
Pac and Big got songs i put on today and sound like they'd do well even in todays market..its crazy.

Back