Damn, Drake R.I.P.

Remember when a diss sounded like "No Vaseline" or "Hit 'em up"?

I want that back. No subliminals. No sideways half-steppin'. Just go all out with it.

I smell... Pu$$y!

Yeah. I am disappointed with the whole situation. I do not want to see a Drake vs. Jay-Z beef. I do not want to see any beefs.

Why? Because most rap artists make worse music after the beef. They get too focused on putting down their opponent and then stop making hit music. Jay-Z barely recovered after "Ether". Nas' temporary buzz after "The Takeover" went away quick.

Every other beef generated a loss. 50 Cent's strategy wasn't really valuable after "The Massacre". He tried to beef with Kanye West and got outsold by an autotune/808 nightmare.

Stop with these squabbles. Just make a few tweets and then get back to making hits. Ain't nobody buying albums. Beefs will not help.

so...I missed this entire thing. What happened and where are the "disses" cause I'm not sure wtf I was just listening to, it was some rap song by Jay Elec with no drums. Soft AF if that was a diss.

No Beef here. It doesn't benefit Jay enough to actually beef with someone like Drake. In fact Jay-Z's mo of the last 8 years or so has been to say what he has to say and move onto bigger and better things.

On Drake's side I don't really see him doing anything as well except maybe comment on it during an interview. Truth

Yeah. I am disappointed with the whole situation. I do not want to see a Drake vs. Jay-Z beef. I do not want to see any beefs.

Why? Because most rap artists make worse music after the beef. They get too focused on putting down their opponent and then stop making hit music. Jay-Z barely recovered after "Ether". Nas' temporary buzz after "The Takeover" went away quick.

Every other beef generated a loss. 50 Cent's strategy wasn't really valuable after "The Massacre". He tried to beef with Kanye West and got outsold by an autotune/808 nightmare.

Stop with these squabbles. Just make a few tweets and then get back to making hits. Ain't nobody buying albums. Beefs will not help.

I'd like to clarify a few things in this post. What does "Jay-Z barely recovered" mean? Takeover is probably the most thorough diss of all time next to "The Ripper Strikes Back" and "Who Got Bodied?" by Royce Da 5'9.

Secondly,both 50 and Kanye came out and admitted that their skirmish was a publicity stunt and though Kanye outsold him domestically 50 dominated overall sells...look it up. You cannot discredit that European money..even Waka has been turned on and has made more money than he ever has over there doing EDM records.

so...I missed this entire thing. What happened and where are the "disses" cause I'm not sure wtf I was just listening to, it was some rap song by Jay Elec with no drums. Soft AF if that was a diss.

Drake did an interview in which he stated that he was tired of Jay rapping about artwork he has purchased...that's literally it.

Thats why I liked Rick Ross's strategy for dealing with 50's shenanigans--make a quick reply then drown him out with hit music. Notice that some of the best music of RR career came out during that whole correctional officer/50 picking on me fiasco. Does anyone even remember any particulars of that "beef"? Nope. I remember RR bein all over urban radio with good music while big bad 50.....wasn't.

I like beef as a corrective measure (KRS-One vs. PM Dawn) or a way to showcase the skill of two rather dope emcees (Nas vs. Jay), or when an emcee is just f*ckin' angry and lashing out (2Pac vs. most of the east coast) but beef for beef's sake (50 vs. _______) is just silly.

Last edited:
All I know is all those folks talking bout Drake is a beast rapping need to shut up.
This ain't no beef because Drake ain't that type of dude, he's too sensitive to fight back (in the battle sense).
He also made a comment about the throne being up for the taking in another interview, which is also part of Jay's response.
You can't call yourself the best and let one MC call u out (Kdot) and another call you Ms. Drizzy.

I am disappointed in Drake. He continues to shirk direct competition. Drake is amazing. But ducking credible contenders like Common, Kendrick, Push-T, and, now Hov...career killer.

Drake and his weak response is nothing more than hot garbage.

The initial shot fired was weak too so I suppose this is just a battle of the lamest.

I see what Drake is doing-keeping it moving, not acknowledging direct attacks. He knows if he does not respond, his fans will pretty much forget about Jigga's "diss" in a few weeks to a month.

Last edited:
he wont respond because if he did, that would lead to a war, and he would lose the war.

^^^Maybe he's smarter than we think. Because I haven't heard much about Jay dissing Drake. In Drake news everyone's going crazy because he's a UCONN fan? That seems to be the big news scoop...not quite sure why.

I honestly think because of the generation gap, if Jay and Drake went back and forth, current hip hop fans would side with Drake and the history books would count it as an L for Jay regardless of what us old heads(anyone over 25)want to believe happened. We're now in that place in hip hop.

^ya i wish someone would come along and stop the males acting like females thing it rap, as a 27 year old i don't like that shit. when i was a kid it was dmx and shit was hot, first album i copped was wu-tang forever in 97.

i like a lot of current rap, but a lot of these rappers are *******.

^^^Maybe he's smarter than we think. Because I haven't heard much about Jay dissing Drake. In Drake news everyone's going crazy because he's a UCONN fan? That seems to be the big news scoop...not quite sure why.

I honestly think because of the generation gap, if Jay and Drake went back and forth, current hip hop fans would side with Drake and the history books would count it as an L for Jay regardless of what us old heads(anyone over 25)want to believe happened. We're now in that place in hip hop.
Yep its crazy. I do think Drake's revenue stream is so strong, it serves him no financial advantage to get into it. I mean is he gonna sell more records or have a greater pop appeal if he battled J.
More so then opinions, I can't respect the lack of respect of the game. Battling is part of hip-hop's legacy, that Drake claims he respects.
I know its a new generation, but he ain't respecting the game. 2 big cats dissed u and all you have is passive aggressive wanna be diss.

^ya i wish someone would come along and stop the males acting like females thing it rap, as a 27 year old i don't like that shit. when i was a kid it was dmx and shit was hot, first album i copped was wu-tang forever in 97.

i like a lot of current rap, but a lot of these rappers are *******.
KDOT got at him though.

Back