Dame Dash

Dame is a smart man about his money and even smarter for teaching others under his wing how to be smart about theirs.

Dame is smart as hell but his arrogance got the better of him. Remember that saying about treat everyone the same because on the way down, you'll encounter these folks again. That's Dame's downfall. He and Funkmaster Flex have been beefing lately because Dame starting attacking the executives at HOT 97 and Flex the house nigguh came to their defense.

Dame needs to re-boot. Its seems he hasn't found his footing since Jay. His culture argument is off (everything was cool until Jay made the power move), but I respect his hustle (or old hustle).

Dame needs to re-boot. Its seems he hasn't found his footing since Jay. His culture argument is off (everything was cool until Jay made the power move), but I respect his hustle (or old hustle).

I agree but he's still super arrogant. He doesn't act like someone who's in need of financial backing. He's still that confrontational dude:

^^ I don't mind the arrogance when u doing it big, but after u dropped a few slots it sounds like your still sour.

He got pushed out his own label, lost the main breadwinner, and failed to keep up with changing trends.

He said it in the vid himself though, he was never down. Sounds and looks like from all the fashion stuff that he's still living comfortable.

Every rapper needs to see this video though.

Dame Dash was the man, and still is. He was a good business man. Guess what? He still is. Every business man has their ups and downs too (no matter how good they are).

For those who have an issue with his arrogance. Well, only those who were there to use him would have an issue with him "coming back down". That's always been against his ethos (in this video, and every interview he's EVER done). People who want to help him and know his potential won't give two shits about his arrogance. That's his personality. They aren't there to be friends, they are there to have a business relationship which is equal, fair and profitable to both parties.

If your mentality is anything other than to be one of the best, then you're most likely losing. Arrogance comes with passion, longevity and success.

In my books, he's still very well-off and is doing what he loves. That's what you want guys want too, right?

Dame Dash was the man, and still is. He was a good business man. Guess what? He still is. Every business man has their ups and downs too (no matter how good they are).

For those who have an issue with his arrogance. Well, only those who were there to use him would have an issue with him "coming back down". That's always been against his ethos (in this video, and every interview he's EVER done). People who want to help him and know his potential won't give two shits about his arrogance. That's his personality. They aren't there to be friends, they are there to have a business relationship which is equal, fair and profitable to both parties.

If your mentality is anything other than to be one of the best, then you're most likely losing. Arrogance comes with passion, longevity and success.

In my books, he's still very well-off and is doing what he loves. That's what you want guys want too, right?

People often misconstrue arrogance for supreme confidence. Arrogance is being an azzhole about your abilities and being narcissitic. When he was at the helm of Rocafella, and had Jay Z, he could be an azzhole, play the dozens and make fun of people and curse out his partners. Without that cash cow or a viable product, he's just an arrogant Black man to Corporate America. He's from that Harlem crack dealing era. Harlem dudes are known for their arrogance anyway for the record. My cousin from Harlem lives with me now. Arrogance is his middle name so when Dame says I'm from Harlem, I know what he means.They feel like they dress the best and can take your females(LOL). Dame even mentions in that vid how Harlem dudes are on another level(LOL)Locals llike Nicky Barnes, Frank Lucas and Alpo(PAID IN FULL) are immortalized in movies and documentaries so Harlemites walk with their chest out. Camron and Juelz Santana got that same swag. That's why they didnt bow down to Jay Z like the rest of them and caused that friction that led to the breakup of Rocafella. When you're generating a steady revenue stream, your behavior often gets overlooked. You get a pass but as soon as the money stops rolling in, you're on your own. I respect Dame a great deal. That's what's life is anyway learning from mistakes made by yourself and others. I've learned a great deal from him. Shit, I use to be arrogant myself until I was made aware of it but I've learned to tone it down by observing Dame's mistakes. I've seen the Just Blaze interviews. Peep Dame and Just Blaze get into it due to how Dame treated him in the past at around 35:00 minute mark. The shit happened over 10 years ago and Just Blaze is still scarred(LOL). Kanye even said in an old video, he's an azzhole too that's why he's able to work with Dame: Just Blaze was hot(lol)

http://thecombatjackshow.com/show/the-damon-dash-episode/

Last edited:
Dame is a smart man about his money and even smarter for teaching others under his wing how to be smart about theirs.

Don't let him fool you... Dame is broke bro... His lawyers recently came out and said their not representing him anymore because he hasn't been paying his lawyer retainer fee..
He's fighting to stay above water..

People often misconstrue arrogance for supreme confidence. Arrogance is being an azzhole about your abilities and being narcissitic. When he was at the helm of Rocafella, and had Jay Z, he could be an azzhole, play the dozens and make fun of people and curse out his partners. Without that cash cow or a viable product, he's just an arrogant Black man to Corporate America. He's from that Harlem crack dealing era. Harlem dudes are known for their arrogance anyway for the record. My cousin from Harlem lives with me now. Arrogance is his middle name so when Dame says I'm from Harlem, I know what he means.They feel like they dress the best and can take your females(LOL). Dame even mentions in that vid how Harlem dudes are on another level(LOL)Locals llike Nicky Barnes, Frank Lucas and Alpo(PAID IN FULL) are immortalized in movies and documentaries so Harlemites walk with their chest out. Camron and Juelz Santana got that same swag. That's why they didnt bow down to Jay Z like the rest of them and caused that friction that led to the breakup of Rocafella. When you're generating a steady revenue stream, your behavior often gets overlooked. You get a pass but as soon as the money stops rolling in, you're on your own. I respect Dame a great deal. That's what's life is anyway learning from mistakes made by yourself and others. I've learned a great deal from him. Shit, I use to be arrogant myself until I was made aware of it but I've learned to tone it down by observing Dame's mistakes. I've seen the Just Blaze interviews. Peep Dame and Just Blaze get into it due to how Dame treated him in the past at around 35:00 minute mark. The shit happened over 10 years ago and Just Blaze is still scarred(LOL). Kanye even said in an old video, he's an azzhole too that's why he's able to work with Dame: Just Blaze was hot(lol)

The Damon Dash Episode | The Combat Jack Show

LMAO..

In regards to Dame, I respect anyone who has enough arrogance/pride in their business abilities. Passion is there. Passion will make a business work. It's over simplified I know... But it's fairly true.

I would jump at the chance to work with Dame. If any of you say you wouldn't, you're most likely lying.

Like I've been arguing about all along. It doesn't matter if he's supposedly "broke". He's living comfortably.

Did you know that Jordan Belfort is also "broke"?

Last edited:
LMAO..

In regards to Dame, I respect anyone who has enough arrogance/pride in their business abilities. Passion is there. Passion will make a business work. It's over simplified I know... But it's fairly true.

I would jump at the chance to work with Dame. If any of you say you wouldn't, you're most likely lying.

Like I've been arguing about all along. It doesn't matter if he's supposedly "broke". He's living comfortably.

Did you know that Jordan Belfort is also "broke"?

I'd work with Dame in a heartbeat. People forget Dre was down to his last opportunity with Aftermath when he hooked up with Eminem and rebounded. I saw a documentary where Dre said the first album on Aftermath had flopped and the pressure was on from the label. Dame just needs to make a few adjustments in his approach with people. That's all I'm saying. No one likes a confrontational verbally abusive Music Executive even paid employees. I dont judge businessmen by their wealth. I respect them more for how much of a visionary they are and their sound decision making abilities. Money comes, money goes. I have to be the buffer many times when I'm with my cousin from Harlem. I enjoy his company so it's easy for me but to others he comes off as aggressive and rude. I personally like Dame but I can see from a business perspective where it can complicate the matter and jeopardize business. That's why Jay eventually parted ways. He got tired of the antics.

Last edited:
Dame Dash, regardless of how you feel about his personality, motivations or his obvious personal gripes he have with certain industry peoples (at least he's being straightforward in WHY he's calling them out) is using his name/notoriety to interject a conversation angle that is sorely missing in the current hip hop music business terrain. Its ok if you don't agree with everything he's spitting (boss/entrepreneur mentality VS slave/worker mentality) but at least its being bought to the forefront and I don't see none of the so-called "bosses" (Jay-Z, Dre, Birdman, etc...) taking a few minutes out of their time to bring some REAL jewels and the real TRUTH (not that fake generic "yo stay on your grind, build your relationships, etc..) so props to him for that

He seems more humble now, but his ego won't let him
admit they x'd him out of that industry... dude was a loud
mouth who destroyed all his bridges.

With that being said, you want to have people like that in
your corner cause dude won't EVER allow anyone to hustle
him or his team. He goes to bat for his team and that is an
admirable trait.

There's a Nore interview i saw the other day where he says
Def Jam gave him a small budget for one of his videos back
then and Dame came up in there like "you gave Ja Rule x, you
gave DMX x, you gave so and so x and Nore's record is getting
more spins than their records... Why ya trying to play him?
Nore deserves ATLEAST x (which was i think double the amount
of what they originally gave him).

Nore was like "yo Dame, wtf be quiet lol, this is the most money
i ever gotten for a video, you gonna **** this up" Dame was like
"just chill, let me handle it"

Eventually Def Jam did end up giving Nore what Dame demanded, in
fact a little more... but Nore said that the way Dame went about it
could rub people off a certain way.

Back