Classic!!

J

jalricha

:sing:

The Black albulm is a Classic!!!!

The next single and video will be Timbo's production of "Wipe your shoulders off".

Much Love to all Jay Z fans................ITS THE ROCK!!!!

maybe

maybe, but the jaylib album is better, thats just my opinion. I like Jay z the black album is dope, no doubt.

jalricha said:
:sing:

The Black albulm is a Classic!!!!

The next single and video will be Timbo's production of "Wipe your shoulders off".

Much Love to all Jay Z fans................ITS THE ROCK!!!!

wow...they pick the worst singles:o

no way

im sorry yo...Jay coppin a south flow isnt classic to me ....in my opinion...this was nowhere near a classic...more like average...1

P.S....GggGgg G unit!....now das a hottt album!

i think that in order for an album to be given classic status it not only has to be very good, it has to be something original, and stand the test of time... many people jump on forums right after hearing the album once and proclaim it to be a "classic"

Most of these albums commin out now are never going to be classics. Albums that are classics now took atleast 7 or 8 years to get there. Unfortunatly, the fans you are dealing with in the mainstream, i.e. white kids, teenage girls, are here today gone tomarrow type fans, they are down with the latest , hottest thing. When you try to appeal to them, you sacrifice greatness for fame. These fans will not be upholding these artists 10 years from now like we old heads uphold rakim, krs, gangstarr etc... In life you sacrifice something for something else, in this case, its longevity. Aint no nelly gunna be classic, no jay-z, no lil jon, etc etc... The way hip-hop is now, in 7 or 8 years, there will have been 500 more albums, and they'll all be forgotten. Why you think these cats gotta come out with albums every 6 months. Cuz they know mainstream fans got short memories. In 93 we had been waitin 2 and a half years for the next tribe joint, and we were fighten to get the first copies at the store when it dropped. Another thing about mainstream fans is that anyone could be the next jarule, the guy who gets dissed, one year after bein on top, because the newest "big" thing dont like um. And if the next flash in the pan dont like 50, he'll get dissed too. belei dat.

Bezo said:
I'm curious as to how an album is dubbed classic a week after it drops.

Exactly. classic means something old, but still fresh basically. Like the book Moby Dick is a classic, or the movie casablanca. Thats like sayin matrix reloaded is a classic.

Last edited:
kaliyl said:

Exactly. classic means something old, but still fresh basically. Like the book Moby Dick is a classic, or the movie casablanca. Thats like sayin matrix reloaded is a classic.
You went there with the Herman Melville. A very deep book, Moby Dick. I read a copy that my pops had during a Christmas break, when I was in high school. I had no idea......
But the Black Album has only been out for a couple weeks. Even if it were Jay's best, which it is not, it wouldn't qualify for classic. Albums "become" classics, because they stand the test of time. This weekend I was painting, and was bumping some classics, Mobb Deep's "Infamous", Smith & Wesson's "Shining", TCQ's "Low End Theory". All three still sound good and tight. Those are classic LP's. Give the Black Album a year, or two, before we give it classic status.

Back