Votes: 75 61.5%
  • Trap

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom nap it is way to boring to me I'm not a fan of trap either so anything far inbetween

Artists like Kardiak, Ayo the Producer, Mike Will Made It, Justice League, Just Blaze, Kane Beats, The Runners, Drumma Boy, Streetrunner, Timbaland, Heatmakerz, ect. do great jobs of capturing elements of both, some in eras when neither subgenre even came with a label.

Wouldn't beats like "Get Ya Gun" by Cam'ron, "Go Hard" by Kanye and T-Pain, "I'm In The Hood" by Brisco, "Notorious Thugs" by B.I.G. and Bone, or "Is That Your Chick" by Jay, Bleek, Twista & Missy be categorized as "trap" before "boom bap" these days? I like that stuff way more than "Throw Ya Gunz" by Onyx or "Down With the King" by Run DMC(both still dope songs BTW). Wouldn't Dipset have killed the beat for "Bang" by Wacka a decade before it existed?

Point I'm making...it's a song to song basis with me. One of my all time favorite beats will always be Pete Rock's "The Game" and he's one of my least favorite producers.

Last edited:
I love both. But I mostly listen to boom-bap, and it has the widest variety of subgenres too in my opinion.

Last edited:
I used to listen to Boom Bap waay more before, but nowadays, I find myself listen to trap more and more. I would have to say Trap atm

Trap is good fun. I enjoy playing artists like Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan but I'm also a fan of Joey Bada$$ and Smoke DZA. I grew up on Boom Bap. However, if I had to pick one, though, I'd prolly pick trap. As I said, it's good fun and I'm at a place in life where I just wanna have fun

i gotta say im begining to understand trap, a well produced dark trap song can sound pretty dope
Boom bap still reigns supreme tho

i gotta say im begining to understand trap, a well produced dark trap song can sound pretty dope
Boom bap still reigns supreme tho
I agree, some trap songs can really sound dope if you really invest time in making great songs. But about 80% is garbage.

I agree, some trap songs can really sound dope if you really invest time in making great songs. But about 80% is garbage.

i agree!

i used to bash on it, but now after finally creating some "trap" songs, i'm less quick to judge haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back