Billy Danze Says He's Sick of Violence In Hip Hop

Nice interview. One of the things he said that I concur with, no matter what happens in Hip-Hop (a community) when something happens to its stars (Biggie and 2Pac), Hip-Hop as a whole has to wear it. Just like the NFL and Ray Rice.

LMFAO @ this guy. He might as well said he doesn't like the wetness from water. Part of hip-hop's allure is the violence. When I get sick of hip-hop, I listen to EDM or Pop. People have to stop crying about hip-hop and learn about other music.

The lighter music is catchy and gets the girls dancing. Gotta go where the girls are moving their hips and stop following 50 dudes looking tough smelling like weed and liquor.

LMFAO @ this guy. He might as well said he doesn't like the wetness from water. Part of hip-hop's allure is the violence.

The allure of hip hop is it's four pillars: emceeing, breakdancing, graffiti and Djing.

Violence is the allure of Rap - big difference.

Billy Danze is Hip Hop, but I think it's ironic he should be the one talmbout he's sick of violence in Hip Hop when his biggest hits were 4 Alarm Blaze and Ante Up...still love the Posse regardless and he's My Kinda Ninja

Last edited:
The same Billy Danze that recorded "Death Becomes You" with 50 Cent? The same one yellin "kidnap dat foo" on Ante Up? Riiiiiiiight

The three comments above me pretty much sum up my opinion of him of all people putting violence in hip hop on shout.

The allure of hip hop is it's four pillars: emceeing, breakdancing, graffiti and Djing.

The differentiation between rap and hip-hop only matters to people that care deeply about the culture. To everyone else, rap and hip-hop are identical twins. So in reality, there is no difference.

I mean, if hip-hop ws so great, why was it so weak and feeble to let rap take over? Obviously, hip-hop had some detriments and weaknesses in its DNA. It was a predecessor to something bigger and greater. Rap music is bigger and greater than hip-hop.

Watch this video try to distinguish the two. Realize that the differentiation does not matter because
hip-hop is not important anymore. :)

Last edited:
Hip hop is still very important as the voice of a people speaking out on the wrongs they see in society as a whole. Anyone who discredits that is a fool and ignoring the very foundation of the music they are listening to.

Hip-Hop= something you live
Rap=Something you do

So,basically hip hop is the culture and rap is the form of music that came from it.

Last edited:
The differentiation between rap and hip-hop only matters to people that care deeply about the culture. To everyone else, rap and hip-hop are identical twins. So in reality, there is no difference.

I mean, if hip-hop ws so great, why was it so weak and feeble to let rap take over? Obviously, hip-hop had some detriments and weaknesses in its DNA. It was a predecessor to something bigger and greater. Rap music is bigger and greater than hip-hop.

Watch this video try to distinguish the two. Realize that the differentiation does not matter because
hip-hop is not important anymore. :)

SMH - you clearly know nothing about Hip Hop...or Rap for that matter and have never been to/understand hip hop shows and culture.

There's a big difference in the crowd and energy that went to the Rick Ross show in Baltimore and the one that went to the Mobb Deep show I was at a few months ago.

Please only quote me and use a rebuttal if you actually have personal experience with your response. Otherwise, people may think you are a fool and nobody wants that.

Berkowitz got his group name because he said their shows would have people so fired up that they'd mosh pit - hence, the Mash Out Posse.

Billy Danze is Hip Hop, but I think it's ironic he should be the one talmbout he's sick of violence in Hip Hop when his biggest hits were 4 Alarm Blaze and Ante Up...still love the Posse regardless and he's My Kinda Ninja
I disagree with that.
"Rap" and 'Hip Hop" aren't separate entities, Rap or rapping is an aspect of Hip Hop.
Trying to claim "Rap is inherently violent" will have people associating violence with
Hip Hop from the jump.

That's gotta be one of the most hipocritical statements ever. Billy and M.O.P made a hall of fame career yelling and rapping about violence. He's one of my favorite rappers and the only rapper besides Black Thought that I waited impatiently for a solo album. Billy had that heavy metal meets Brooklyn streets fusion that will get you amped. We use to listen to MOP before we played our highschool football games in Dallas. We played Ante Up then went out and pitched a shoutout on defense one night.

SMH - you clearly know nothing about Hip Hop...or Rap for that matter and have never been to/understand hip hop shows and culture.

There's a big difference in the crowd and energy that went to the Rick Ross show in Baltimore and the one that went to the Mobb Deep show I was at a few months ago.
Please only quote me and use a rebuttal if you actually have personal experience with your response. Otherwise, people may think you are a fool and nobody wants that.

Berkowitz got his group name because he said their shows would have people so fired up that they'd mosh pit - hence, the Mash Out Posse.

Only a True fan knows the "Berkowitz" moniker. I always wondered if he got that from the son of Sam Killer;David Berkowitz who terrorized New York City in the 70's.Bill's voice and that staccato flow is what distinguishes him. I wonder if that vocal tone he uses irritates his vocal chords sorta like DMC who eventually damaged his vocal chords and now talks funny.

Last edited:
Back