Biggest opportunity you missed.

H

hammrough

Whats the closest you guys have come to furthering your rap career. what went wrong? any regrets? have you missed out on any big opportunities. Im just trying to get some advice on opportunities and hear some interesting stories.

Whats the closest you guys have come to furthering your rap career. what went wrong? any regrets? have you missed out on any big opportunities. Im just trying to get some advice on opportunities and hear some interesting stories.

The biggest is that I did not choose to take learning an instrument seriously until I was past 30 years old.
Self-doubt, lack of discipline, lack of vision, lack of confidence and not being in tune to my purpose all played a part. Many have made more of their lives with much less than I had, so I can't blame anyone but myself.

Yung Joc's first single off his sophomore album - Just didn't work out.

Jennifer Hudson's first album - Situation fell apart. Not under my control.

Snagging a SUPER MANAGER in the industry - She loved my music...but when it came time, i didn't have the records for her to shop

Signing to an A&R in the def jam system - I didn't want to be pimped.

Shit happens...more often than not. You keep it moving until the next opportunity comes along.

I try and be prepared for an opportunity and then take full advantage of it. I'm sure I missed opportunities in other fields. I've always wanted to work as a executive in some capacity but opportunities in music never really materialized for me. After the digital revolution, I decided I wanted no part of the new business model.

working with Lil Boosie when he came to Alabama a couple months ago, because my transporation flaked last second.... he started following me on twitter though, so it's not as bad as I thought.. I'll recover haha

had a meeting with an a&r at atlantic records .. got his number and said hit him up and come up whenever i want.. didn't wanna look thirsty so i hit him up months later and the numbers in their system changed... smh

Can't say anything is a missed opportunity.

I missed a chance to work under a producer who's huge because I refused the work conditions and wanted to be my own man...but months later I was in L.A. working with other guys being my own man. I can always wonder "what if" but the success rate of producers coming out from under the guy are so low, i can't say I missed anything.

Last edited:
Being a friend to a girl I liked instead of making my move on her. She ended up sleeping with two of my homies and telling me about how all men were jerks except for me. Heard she had the bomb a** p**** too. These hoes ain't loyal.

Being a friend to a girl I liked instead of making my move on her. She ended up sleeping with two of my homies and telling me about how all men were jerks except for me. Heard she had the bomb a** p**** too. These hoes ain't loyal.

This reply didn't sit well with me. Mainly cause I've been there before. Some advice is to move on. Take yourself out of this scenario and go find a woman that wants to be with you.

Her bomb*ss p****y is just a vagina, other girls have them too. And plus looks fade, even if you did land that girl for the long run, it's not her vagina or looks that are going to keep you around.

Alright back to making music!

Oh No, you fell in the friend zone. It happens to the best of us. It's part of the rites of passage in learning how to talk to females. At least you figured out where you went wrong. Believe it or not there are grown men out there who don't know to let a female know they are interested in them.

Close to produce a track for Tyga in his album Hotel California, the only big chance i had to success, i doubt if Tyga will use "not famous" producers in his next album

Probably that I never got seriously into producing. I can write a decent verse, But I have no ****ing clue how to make a beat. I could say **** everyone and just do my own shit if I just taught myself earlier on, May as well start learning pretty soon, Not gonna bother learning now tho, I'll just keep buying beats and perfect the craft before I get into the ball game of producing.

Back