Best Advice Given To You As A Producer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want it stolen.....don't put it on the web.

lmao i learned that when a certain rapper (who's a big name right now) had his breakout single that contained very simliar melodies and a indisputably unique line in a song i did with a friend.....who i later found made copies of a basement recording session for his own "demo cd" and handed 'em out all over, one of which ended up with that guy's manager.

I didn't sweat it cause the songs (both the rapper's and mine) sucked in my opinion (lol) but.....the theme rang true loud and clear that day.

u guys got some good advice but like, who really gives a ****?

Tryin to help people out cuz u want appreciation here?

Appreciate urself man **** these other niggas.

u guys got some good advice but like, who really gives a ****?

Tryin to help people out cuz u want appreciation here?

Appreciate urself man **** these other niggas.

There is nothing wrong with advice. Some people need some advice and some others dont mind sharing some. This is a producer's forum, so naturally, many tips will be discussed on a regular basis. I see you're new to the forum by your amount of posts. What were you expeecting where you joined?

There is nothing wrong with advice. Some people need some advice and some others dont mind sharing some. This is a producer's forum, so naturally, many tips will be discussed on a regular basis. I see you're new to the forum by your amount of posts. What were you expeecting where you joined?

I didn't join anything homie... i kicked in the door wavin that 44...

I didn't join anything homie... i kicked in the door wavin that 44...

anyone that didn't, needs to stop and re-read that quick exchange. i was just glossin over that, and finished reading it, and thought, did that nigga just really say that. and started bustin up. ive been on this board, and i hardly ever post, but that **** was low-key hilarious.

i didn't know if you were serious or not, but regardless i thought it was funny and wondered if anyone else did to?

When the internet was new and flashy, it was possible to "blow-up" and become known off Myspace/Soundclick/etc by having decent music and employing some basic marketing techniques. Those days are gone.

Being a producer takes a lot more than just good music. The guys who are at the top aren't there by accident - it takes time, hard work, perseverance, business-sense, networking, etc. to reach the top.

When the internet was new and flashy, it was possible to "blow-up" and become known off Myspace/Soundclick/etc by having decent music and employing some basic marketing techniques. Those days are gone.

Being a producer takes a lot more than just good music. The guys who are at the top aren't there by accident - it takes time, hard work, perseverance, business-sense, networking, etc. to reach the top.

Yo what is beatpal? Thanks

There needs to be a petition to bring DJCas's dinosaurs back...that ish had me rolling everytime he posted for some reason.

Only take serious feedback on your tracks from women.

Best advice i ever heard. Now some of you may think that equates to only "mainstream tracks", but I've learned women are willing to give anything a fair listen, and can pinpoint and easily express thier feelings good or bad about a song. Whether Soulja Boy or Wu Tang Clan.

There's rules to it though, babymamas and girlfriends don't apply, only girls who have no reason to lie to you. :cheers:

Last edited:
OK.

Put your qualifications up against the guy who said it:

Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal.
Igor Stravinsky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Stravinsky

I'm not hating on the guy...i just find it to be a dumb advice.

I don't care who this Igor dude is...it's just my personal opinion. Since when do i have to agree only cuz that guy "is" somebody. I just don't see how stealing a technique or style makes you a great artist..

Last edited:
I'm not hating on the guy...i just find it to be a dumb advice.

I don't care who this Igor dude is...it's just my personal opinion. Since when do i have to agree only cuz that guy "is" somebody. I just don't see how stealing a technique or style makes you a great artist..

You are not getting the point.

It's not about stealing as in yo', I bit yo' moves, son, funky fresh! It is acknowledging what everyone does anyway: incorporate other people's tricks, etc. into their work.

You cannot name someone who hasn't done it. You cannot. Not going to argue. Done.

:sing: <----------------- great artist

:mad::mad::mad::mad: <------- haters in the house mean-muggin'

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <--------- fan boys
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:<------ drunks
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: <----------- too cool for school

:bat: <---------------------------- fellow musician who wants to go from good to great

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back