Beats OR Sony Headphones for recording?

Sony MDR-7506's are found in most studios across the globe. They're your best bet.

For rock, soul, other bassless music. An urban artist will have a better performance out of using some Beats than those. We are talking about "recording". Meaning one person listening to check the vocals as another person feels comfortable performing in the mix. Hip hop music gets left out of reviews and most of the people who like Sony monitor headphones don't do urban music.....the do country, rock, jazz, and shit like that.

Now.....you want to make a beat......Sony has some bad ass consumer booming ass headphones at best buy. Was thinking of getting me some at one point.

I had some Sonys. V6. Fuuck Sony headphones. Black shit all over the place. They will look ragidy quick. Here a person is trying to sound professional to the person who is getting ready to record........and then while he recording he screams while he raps...............the engineer like "what's wrong are you alright".....the rapper is like "I got bugs on me" (taking off his shirt and shit running around in circles). I still have my V6. You can't travel with them....the cord is easy to break loose. Have to tape them up and shit. They are broke down. I love them enough to not throw them away. Lasted me like 10 years. But when I bought the ATH M50s...........man......fuuck them V6 for anything. Like I said though...the V6s were good to me besides the shedding.....but when you get some real shit....(as far as urban music) you will be like FUUCK them sonys to. No bass. But they are good to have around. Be careful with them. And know this off the bat....you are going to have to replace the ear pads in about two years or more... unless you want black shit everywhere looking like little bugs and shit.

Last edited:
Back