BEATS AUDIO launches Streaming Service....

I'm not even 30 yet and I feel like a dinosaur.Many of the so called revoltionary online business models I studied in college are outdated and I JUST GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE a few years ago. Thanks for keeping me abreast of the new trends. I was pretty good at understanding the profits and revenue side of businesses that dealt with traditional outlets but I'm so clueless when it comes to competing online, I can't even give a accurate assesment of Dre's new service.

Last edited:
^^^I agree. Only problem I see is safety. But would great for music creating and having everything created past, present, and future on a cloud to have access to at anytime.

Don't take it the wrong guys, but by accident Rice has shown you two flaws of your "futuristic ideas"; the wrong idea that this isn't possible YET and the lack of creativity to realize HOW to make it possible, today. :)

All of the "cons" you guys raised were just (right, sure, but minor) complains about details; but the problem is much bigger, the whole system is flawed.

For the next 3-4 years, they want to use central servers to feed you the songs, then they will use YOUR data contingent for LOCAL MAINFRAME SERVER broadcasting, with all your connections as data buffers for those in your area, who stream the same content (get it? that's how UHDTV on demand is gonna work).

Seen it all, been there, done that.

To use a scenario we all understand; stop wasting your time thinking about building plug ins specifically for Logic 5 on the PC......Logic for PCs is dead,mmmkay? :cool:

Hint: Radio-On-Demand

I like how Jimmy calls this platform revolutionary, when the curation process has been done for decades in the industry by program directors.

I really don't see this service doing well. There are too many competitors that do the same exact thing at the same price point. This is not the same as a crowded marketplace for headphones. A customer wearing Beats headphones isn't simply doing so for the sound quality. The brand is visually plastered on their ears. This display is valuable for the customer, much in the same manner of an LV emblem plastered on merchandise. This value can't be transferred to a platform like Beats Audio. Furthermore, there are no network effects, so it can't grow similarly to platforms like Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat. The value of the platform to one customer is no greater if many or few of their friends subscribe to the service.

This is Jimmy thinking that a brand can simply dominate anything/anything that its associated with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back