Beatcatalog.com

emsiwun said:
I think the website is dope as hell...no complaints over here...but HOW USEFUL HAS IT BEEN TO YOU???

just curious

Well, we are gonna finally launch the campain very soon. I feel good about it though.

prexero, that was something I thought about as well. I was actually suprised it wasnt taken.

Last edited:
I saw no problems with the page good clean clear cute website, but on a side note how is the music scene in DC I got a generous offer from Johns Hopkins University but don't know anyhting about the area

The biggest problems I see:

- You use images instead of code, that's not how a website is supposed to work. Search engines don't index text images they index coded text, how are people supposed to find you?

- Your site doesn't work on all screen resolutions, it doesn't work in all browsers.

- The images make the site extremely slow and hard to update.

Use HTML and CSS code. Do a search on google there are thousands of tutorials on how to make a basic website. It might take a little more effort but it will work alot better in the long run.

Or hire me I'm a freelance web designer :p

page looks aight

if you really wanna take it seriously you might want to hire someone for your graphics, the ones you have on your website are nice but not professional

also, like mentioned already, the graphics are HUGE!!!! lol

also, you might want to change your page title to "Beat Catalog".
notice on top of your browser it says "frontpage"??

this is pretty important to get those people who are using search engins

and you can also add some tags like "instrumentals, rap beats, etc" to increase your chances of poppin up in search results.

hope this helped

yeah that's good advice ^. Aside from that, the layout looks a little bit wierd on my widescreen.

fp looks nice because it centers itself on the screen, your site is on the hard left, leaving way too much space on the right.

havent read the other post as there are 3 pages lol so if i repeat anyone else excuse that... 3 rules : stick to one font.. 2. agree on a color scheme before hand and stick to it.. limit yourself to two colors which compliment each other 3. have a constant theme throughout.. do not make each page different from the other thinking that it will look cool.. also dont think that because the effects are there that you need to use them.. what frustrates you about websites? list them... and make sure your website doesnt meet anyone of these, if it does change it. try and understand workflow and ease of use.. these are more important than the visual looks of the site.. content should be accessible from only one to two clicks.. e.g dont have the user go through 5 pages to get to where they want to go.. as you may have guessed i am a designer/developer.. if im brutely honest i would start again.. set a page size of 800x600 and what ever you do dont use black as a bkground.. especially with red as a foreground colour. D

Back