Artist/Producer bashing!

Keith81

Why do people on here bash artist and musician's that are not necessarily apart of their favorite musical era and or genre? The last I checked nobody on here has any records out getting major airplay.Diffrent music for diffrent moods you know.I happen to like that Trillville cut "Get on My level".At the same time I like Talib Kweli,Mos Def,Common etc...For me personally on just a get hype to do something tip that crunk sound is tight to death.When I'm in a contemplative mood I listen to more conscious music...Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks...But all of this artist and producer bashing is why alot of you are on this website in the first place your negative attitude towards anything that's not something you like is gonna hold you back! Stop bashing people and go bang out some tracks,spin some records or go write some lyrics.

I been saying this the whole time I been here but there's always gonna be haters worrying about someone else's ****.

Peace

Again, this is a forum, a place for people to actively discuss their opinions about whatever (this one being hip hop), be that good or bad, be that they hate somethin or like it. I don't think it's stoppin anybody from making music... if it does they take this net sh!t a little too seriously. I know I've knocked out 3 tracks and wrote a few... in while saying how much the Trillville video sucks.. haha, it's nuthin!

DaOriginalBlade said:
Again, this is a forum, a place for people to actively discuss their opinions about whatever (this one being hip hop), be that good or bad, be that they hate somethin or like it. I don't think it's stoppin anybody from making music... if it does they take this net sh!t a little too seriously. I know I've knocked out 3 tracks and wrote a few... in while saying how much the Trillville video sucks.. haha, it's nuthin!

^^ I agree. People aren't being stopped from expressing positive opinions so why should they be stopped from making negative ones?

yeah i think everyone can have an opinion. in the words of common

"If i dont like it, i dont like it, it dont mean that im hating".

word

BTW did any of y'all peep that trillville video :bigeyes:!! that was the best sh!t i ever seen on tv in my life.....but if i was really saying this someone may say it was D!c|< riding. cant win either way.... oh i was joking about the video. never seen it.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.Unfortunately some of the opinions are STUPID!!!That's life.

i spose most of the time artist+producer bashings may come about out of hate and/or disagreements but that could be a good thing. i've even heard of some really wicked undergound acts that have publicly claimed that their music inspirations come from their despise of mainstream products that are out there because of non-musical reasons. mehh... good point, but not my kinda goal personally. but if it works for them, it works for them.

i think it's all about where u from. if you're from somewhere like ny u think primo, or alchemist is tha ****, and someone like mannie fresh is trash. If you're from like houston or somewhere u think mannie fresh is tha **** , and primo , an achemist is trash. thats not true but where u stay plays a huge part in what u think is good rap music and what is trash. not nessecary the quality of the song itself. I never understood why black people always spent some much time hating on each other. I think the more open you are the more u acctual live life.

my 2 cents

look...
i dont bash unless i can back it up musically...Dont bite off more than u can chew....if they put u and neptunes in a room..to duke it out....would u make a doper trak?...ok..bad example...you and lets say...Storch...or mannie fresh?...i mean...if your not makin fire thats a competition to the market...Fu(k futureproducers.com....cuz this site isnt gonna pay you...if you arent makin beats that are a threat to niggas..like 9th like remi..like rjd2....then stay quiet....until you are...and i know theres only like 8 niggas on this site that have that privlege.

j-traxx said:
BTW did any of y'all peep that trillville video :bigeyes:!! that was the best sh!t i ever seen on tv in my life.....but if i was really saying this someone may say it was D!c|< riding. cant win either way.... oh i was joking about the video. never seen it.

^^^ exactly. if i think something sucks, it's my opinion and that's it. if someone was to post a thread talking about please hammer dont hurt'em was the greatest hip hop album of all-time, i would not get all emotional and stuff and would just laugh it off and keep it moving.

Raiden said:

if someone was to post a thread talking about please hammer dont hurt'em was the greatest hip hop album of all-time, i would not get all emotional and stuff and would just laugh it off and keep it moving.

:mad: why would you laugh it off!!! it was the greatest hip hop album of all time!!! ..... co-sign..... anybody :( .

dam.

:p

Keith81 said:
Why do people on here bash artist and musician's that are not necessarily apart of their favorite musical era and or genre? The last I checked nobody on here has any records out getting major airplay.Diffrent music for diffrent moods you know.

I always look at it like you know everybody in the real world won't like ya' **** or what you like and some may hate on you. People that bash on here should just remind you that the people that smile in ya' face in real life may feel that way. They're called "yes men". If it's good criticism I just take it and keep it movin' cause I've learned it's OK to piss one person off to make 100 people feel good. Haters are necessary. Face it most people who hate, hate cause they don't have ****. My advice is stay focused on what you need to be doing and learn from the hate.

J. Mickens

j-traxx said:

:mad: why would you laugh it off!!! it was the greatest hip hop album of all time!!! ..... co-sign..... anybody :( .

:p

yep co-sign ;)

gohanvscell.gif

Last edited:
J-Traxx is right... no one has sold more records than that Hammer album (I heard that on TV the other day, not even Eminem)...but I don't like Hammer. Uh Oh, I goofed...I better get outta here with that - ...negativity (see it's negativity, not an opinion of Hammer).

That dude that started this thread sounded really negative towards the negative people... does that make sense???

I have records out - they're "out" in my car.

They get major airplay - When I get tired of the CD's I toss them through the air and hope they don't injure elderly people.

Who are those 8 people? I would like to meet you guys, maybe we can hang out together sometime - get a latte or somethin'. Lighten UP!

Let's all think happy thoughts, nice, nice, nice... no bad replies, nice, nice, nice, ... what do you like in your latte?

It's my opinion, I'll think what I want to
It's my mouth, I say what I want to...scratch that...these are my fingers, and I'll type what I want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrome said:

They get major airplay - When I get tired of the CD's I toss them through the air and hope they don't injure elderly people.

Who are those 8 people? I would like to meet you guys, maybe we can hang out together sometime - get a latte or somethin'. Lighten UP!

HAHAHAHA @ the airplay.

Yeah, we should all just chill and find some squirrels.

I did not start this thread to be negative my whole point is that often times on forums like this one or even record shopping or where ever, people often get really standoffish when it comes to hip-hop music.My point is this it's all the same **** just wrapped diffrent(Kind of like Taco Bell).Rap or hip-hop whatever you choose to call in it's simplest form is really somebody rhyming over a beat that more than likely is in 4/4 time.So if you love or hate rappers or producers out there is not really my point,express your opinions that's what makes America great. My point is that just because joe rapper might not have the same flow or beats as your favorite rapper or producer joe rapper is still making music he is still hip-hop.Wheather he's from the dirty south,NYC,Little Rock or Behind The Knee Iowa that man is still a musician who's music manifest itself in this artform that we call hip-hop(Or Rap depending on what circle your in).Hell where I'm from it's easy to tell if somebody is selling rap/hip-hop just walk into any "consumer" music store and look around for all of the rap/hip-hop,it is more than likely behind a counter or in some anti-theft case...

Back