AraabMUZIK: Transition From Hip Hop To EDM

I think Araab is just being smart, his main concept it's been always to use trance/techno samples to make hip hop instrumentals, now he's going a step forward and embracing the EDM game

Smart move. He'll make more money there and have a bigger and better platform to build his brand.
I like how EDM producers are not dependent on artists to make music, gives them more freedom.

Absolutely, I have said many times on here that a lot of hip hop producers tend to relegate themselves to a subordinate position where they are too dependent on handouts (placements) whereas we EDM producers create our own fortunes and as such our stronger independent branding also allows us to snatch placements away from hip hop producers who have no brand in the public eye.

Maybe I've been in denial, but I didn't realize EDM was such a powerful force. I just did some googling and found out what all the craze is. It definitely makes some sense to diversify your sound. But it's hard to tell if this is just a trend. It can be dangerous to jump around too much from style to style, just as it is dangerous to stay on 1 style.

Maybe I've been in denial, but I didn't realize EDM was such a powerful force. I just did some googling and found out what all the craze is. It definitely makes some sense to diversify your sound. But it's hard to tell if this is just a trend. It can be dangerous to jump around too much from style to style, just as it is dangerous to stay on 1 style.

I wouldn't call EDM a trend as there are some very strong parallel traditions between EDM and Hip Hop which go back quite a long way.

Not shocked. EDM musicians experiment.............he experiments......2 and 2.

I don't think it is so much the experimental angle as EDM has a formula that stays fairly rigid in many aspects. If he wanted to get experimental he would have moved over to trip hop which is far more experimental than most forms of sample based music. EDM I see as the big money live crowd thing for a working producer, it is the majors in most respects to income and travel potential.

Back