Anyone here gave Pusha T's 'My Name Is My Name' album a listen? Horrible IMO...

I dnt kno... it wasnt what i was expectin....
Actually almost every album i was lookin forward to ended up subpar to me...
At this point i look forward to mixtape drops more than albums...
I did f_ck with fear of god 2 alot more tho...

Not a bad album imo, but Pusha benefitted from having an equally good lyricist beside him in No Malice when he was in Clipse (in addition to having Neptunes production for their first two albums, some of those beats are straight up bangers). I feel like Push went harder in the songs where he had another good rapper to trade verses with (Nosestalgia being a good example - Pusha brings it on that track because he doesn't want to be embarrassed by Kendrick who's gonna bring a good verse at least 9/10 times). Some of the guests work and some didn't, though. Rick Ross might've brought one of the best verses of his career on "Hold On" and Kendrick brings it as usual on "Nosestalgia". Then on the other hand you have a mailed in GOOD music collaberation with Big Sean and 2 Chainz ("All I Am"). Future brings a nice hook on "Pain", but there's a lot of equal moments of hit and miss on this album. It's not bad, it's just kinda underwhelming because of how much hype there was for it. 3/5 stars imo

Back