50 cent wins copyright lawsuit over I get money track

that's what happens when you're not ready for success. not blowing up after producing 50 Cent must be a hard thing to do.

lol, apex killed his career with this. poor guy. He tried to make it sound like he get ripped off but tbh sounds like he was the one in the wrong.

50 Cent calls you and wants to use your song... "I already sold the exclusive for $100... I got some other stuff though... wanna hear some other stuff? No... wait! wait! wait!"

Apex was really never that good anyway. I remember back in 2004, the rappers I was working with had a few of his tracks, but we couldn't use them, because we could never get back in touch with him to buy them outright, and to have him sign the paperwork.

So I seriously doubt that Apex had this other rapper guy sign any paperwork for the "exclusive".

And besides...I woulda done the same thing. 50 wants the track, then cool...sort it out in court later. Get paid now.

Was this rapper from GA? I remember I used to do a mix CD series to promote an open night at a bar I DJ'ed at. I specifically remember getting a song with the I get money beat. This was way before 50 came out with it. I might still have a copy of the CD laying around.

Was this rapper from GA? I remember I used to do a mix CD series to promote an open night at a bar I DJ'ed at. I specifically remember getting a song with the I get money beat. This was way before 50 came out with it. I might still have a copy of the CD laying around.

yep, his name is tyronne simmons he's from atlanta. You can read about it here http://tacticalip.com/tag/tyrone-simmons/

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

his rap name is young caliber, I just found his twitter https://twitter.com/#!/youngcaliber

Last edited:
If I'd sell an exclusive to noname guy, and then 50 wanted to buy the same one, I'd give it to him in the minute and tell the other guy that I buy the beat back double-price and give him another 4 beats just shut up.

Prob not much at all...PLUS the sample probably wasnt cleared and he's probably gon get hit for infringement so I think dude might actually be in the red...

Back