40 years of hip hop

Nightshade

Found this while looking for videos to post in the random ol skool thread and thought it too good to not share.

Last edited:
KRS-One is one of the few people I would love to have a conversation with over drinks and dinner. Nigga got stories for daaaaaaaayyyyssss.

i've already seen that, excellent movie/presentation though. not many could just talk for an hour and a half and keep my full attention and be entertaining.

Thanks for the share. It was interesting seeing a taste of what his perspective is on the current state of HipHop.

I couldn't help but to notice the video had some edits...

I wonder why....

I went to a lecture on Hip Hop a few days ago...

KRS ONE is not the authority...

I am... believe it..

It's not regional...

make money off of speaking engagments...

Tell KRS he is not a vegetarian...

Hip Hop is not an ego, it's not winning a battle...

KRS is not mentioned in the same vein as... Chuck D.... but as a homeless man that found a lady on a train while he rapped to himself...

This not that ...

Feel free to dispute KRS's money grabbing speeches vs. Chuck D's Realness....

Hate to say it. Some one cared about the people...

Jay Z said "Dumb it Down" and Chuck said "Lowerin' my level"... conflict?

Last edited:
While I agree with some of his views and disagree with many I am not so sure I would call Chuck D the authority or any less out for the money grab than KRS is.

While I agree with some of his views and disagree with many I am not so sure I would call Chuck D the authority or any less out for the money grab than KRS is.

Chuck's Mom was a history teacher. Chuck was 32 I think when their first TAPE came out, I was a teen that didnt have a license. I told my Mom I had saved money to buy a tape... guess why... it all sounded true... and it was. Some dude at a seminar the other day said RUN DMC was the greatest rap group ever... opinion only. Run had a documented breakdown when P.E. Surpassed then. Shows you how shallow the hip hop ego is ... check out D.M.C. the writer and Run the performer...

Russell was the REAL Run D.M.C. ...

Last edited:
Chuck's Mom was a history teacher. Chuck was 32 I think when their first TAPE came out, I was a teen that didnt have a license. I told my Mom I had saved money to buy a tape... guess why... it all sounded true... and it was. Some dude at a seminar the other day said RUN DMC was the greatest rap group ever... opinion only. Run had a documented breakdown when P.E. Surpassed then. Shows you how shallow the hip hop ego is ... check out D.M.C. the writer and Run the performer...

Russell was the REAL Run D.M.C. ...

I remember the first time I bought "It Takes a Nation.." and listened to it, it was very poignant for the times and pulled no punches calling everybody out equally and it especially targeted the black community for it's complete lack of respect for itself which was a step out into some seriously questionable territory at that time. I still love that album and have bought more copies than I can remember, but (always a but) Chuck D while being very intelligent and unapologetic has in recent years been in the "You owe us" line of reason on several items that has really made me question his integrity.

I will do it... again..

Back of the Neck hair should be up... faggit with PTSD upstairs just ran up and down his apt... he heard the horn... !!!

Run D-who?

Last edited:
Hip Hop is not an ego, it's not winning a battle...

KRS is not mentioned in the same vein as... Chuck D.... but as a homeless man that found a lady on a train while he rapped to himself...

This not that ...

Feel free to dispute KRS's money grabbing speeches vs. Chuck D's Realness....

Hate to say it. Some one cared about the people...

Jay Z said "Dumb it Down" and Chuck said "Lowerin' my level"... conflict?

Wow one of the old heads disagreeing with KRS. Never seen that before

Wow one of the old heads disagreeing with KRS. Never seen that before
Na Rome Tripping on this one.
1)Chuck D can't hold a candle to KRS lyrically. Period. Chuck was more about political messages, less flow. Rome knows that
2) PE came up after Run-DMC did they thing. Run-DMC was on the decline when PE blew up.
3) The money making hustler thing, I don't care about that.

Just had to add that KRS does have a huge ego and is known for having Holier than u moments when it come to his knowledge of hip-hop and others things, but he's still a better MC than most.

Last edited:
Na Rome Tripping on this one.
1)Chuck D can't hold a candle to KRS lyrically. Period. Chuck was more about political messages, less flow. Rome knows that
2) PE came up after Run-DMC did they thing. Run-DMC was on the decline when PE blew up.
3) The money making hustler thing, I don't care about that.

Just had to add that KRS does have a huge ego and is known for having Holier than u moments when it come to his knowledge of hip-hop and others things, but he's still a better MC than most.

Dude checked the shit out of me.... all points.

I like Chuck's agenda more than KRS's though...

phugg it ... P.E. all day...

Last edited:
Back