#1 Pete Rock beat ever...?

T

TheVariousArtist

OK so there's a thread with Preme's best, but Pete has some equally dope ****. What is everyones favourite PR beat?

I'll put a few forward...

^yea that beat is crazy.

i think we should disqualify TROY cuz that'll be the default answer for so many people

I'd have to say "Respiration" (remix). Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Pharoah Monch.

here's some more

Pete Rock f. Tragedy Khadafi, Cappadonna, & Sticky Fingaz- Strange Fruit

Pete Rock & CL Smooth- Lots of Lovin

Pete Rock f. MC Eiht- One Life to Live

INI- Fakin Jax

PR & CL Smooth f. YG'z- Death Becomes You

Pete Rock f. C.L. Smooth & Taliib Kweli- Fly Til I Die (sounds alot better on cd)

Pete Rock f. Leela James- No Tears

How could I forget the House of Pain - Jump Around remix. This is a dope beat

lol that was the only video of it that I could find

Pete's Jazz off Petestrumentals....

if yall never heard it, he flips a handful of samples (guitar, bells), bringing them in one by one, then plays the meanest 4 bar bassline.

if i had to pick a track he produced it would be his 'take your time' it epitomizes his smooth, blown out style

Uh, Juicy? By Big?

No, he didn't produce the original, but hasn't he said that Puff came to his bassment and copied his entire idea for Juicy?

That's one of my alltime favorite beats. So I gotta go with that, or "Trouble Man" by Inspecktah Deck.

Shut Em Down 2002 by Busta Rhymes is realy nice too. Did he do the original for P.E.?

Last edited:
Being that the #1 Soul Brother is my favorite producer this is a really though question to answer. Whenever anyone mentions favorite and Pete Rock in the sentence I automatically think of T.R.O.Y. but since T.R.O.Y is not in the running I would have to go with In The Flesh off of the Main Ingredient..

As a matter of fact any beat of that Cd could be my favorite anyday. The man is just so ill. I just heard one of his new joints and he's still got it. "New York's Finest" is looking to be another classic Pete Rock offering.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
"The Game" feat. Raekwon, Prodigy, and Ghostface off his "Soul Survivor" album
that^^^
g's up-jim jones
we roll-pete rock ft. byrdang(classic soundin like the "troy" days)

Back