Who Has Made The Sacrifice?

Man, I'm gonna end this right now.

I'm 25 going on 26. I'm married with one kid, a house, two cars, and a dog. I struggle everyday to keep the roof over my head. Last year I got laid off ... Went from making 70,000 a year to make 35,000 not counting the beats I sold on a local level.

That's my back ground... I know what I'm talking about in terms of sacrifice.

Get your education and get the best education you can now.

If I would have stayed in school and became an Electrical Engineer like I wanted. I would be set right now. I would be able to go anywhere in the world and make a living and invest into my musical dreams. Not saying I wasn't lucky, but things would have been much easier for me.

I was 19 working at Dominos, living with my mom, going to school and working at a studio/club promoters as a intern. It got too heavy and I was worn out. I wanted to be a singer at the time and things looked good for me. So I left school. Biggest mistake of my life. And ever since then... life has been a rollercoaster. I'm not saying that's how it happens for everyone. But it's a gamble and I lost. If I would've stuck with school and got it over.... my life would be kush right now. But no... I was in rush and that wasn't the plan God had for me.

Go to school get it over with... Cause once you have a good job that can help you finance your future. It's not easy, but nothing that is good for you comes easy.

I had a Field Service Tech Job... I was making up to 100,000 a year ... I went places like Vietnam, Norway, Holland, Korea. Before I got laid off I was headed to China ... I had my Chinese Visa and everything. That was luck.. but I worked my ass off for that job. If I would of had a degree I wouldn't of had to do ishh.

I was saving up my money and getting ready to come out with a production company. CSR music group... I did everything from making it a LLC and getting a domain and getting my BMI publishing up... I lost my job.

The 15,000 I had saved up to do everything went to keeping my house over my head. I could not get another field service job cause no one wanted to gamble on a kid without a Bachelor degree.....

If I would of had a degree I would be able to complete construction on my studio.

I'm simplifying right now. but you need to get a good education under you. You know how many actors have a degree. John Legend has a degree.

If you making 80,000 to 100,000 a year and have no responsibilities outside yourself. You can afford to invest away.

I learned a hard lesson ...the hard way. I won't be able to go back to school till 2011 or 2012. But I'm going back when my wife is done. And life will be so much better...

What I know now that I did not think of is ....

The music is not going anywhere. It's been here before us and it will continue to be here. Make sure to secure a future for yourself. Cause not everyone is built to gamble...

Word Kaminota!
good keeping it real.
For real I guess I got that consensus I was looking for.
I'm going to think it through right and do my research on that one major that will steer me right. For know I just gotta play my cards right and save all the money I can.
Music isn't going anywhere,
that being said,
that doesn't mean I have to be going nowhere fast just trying to catch up to it.
When things are right I will have my chance.
Wait until I get my money right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I'm gonna end this right now.

I'm 25 going on 26. I'm married with one kid, a house, two cars, and a dog. I struggle everyday to keep the roof over my head. Last year I got laid off ... Went from making 70,000 a year to make 35,000 not counting the beats I sold on a local level.

That's my back ground... I know what I'm talking about in terms of sacrifice.

Get your education and get the best education you can now.

If I would have stayed in school and became an Electrical Engineer like I wanted. I would be set right now. I would be able to go anywhere in the world and make a living and invest into my musical dreams. Not saying I wasn't lucky, but things would have been much easier for me.

I was 19 working at Dominos, living with my mom, going to school and working at a studio/club promoters as a intern. It got too heavy and I was worn out. I wanted to be a singer at the time and things looked good for me. So I left school. Biggest mistake of my life. And ever since then... life has been a rollercoaster. I'm not saying that's how it happens for everyone. But it's a gamble and I lost. If I would've stuck with school and got it over.... my life would be kush right now. But no... I was in rush and that wasn't the plan God had for me.

Go to school get it over with... Cause once you have a good job that can help you finance your future. It's not easy, but nothing that is good for you comes easy.

I had a Field Service Tech Job... I was making up to 100,000 a year ... I went places like Vietnam, Norway, Holland, Korea. Before I got laid off I was headed to China ... I had my Chinese Visa and everything. That was luck.. but I worked my ass off for that job. If I would of had a degree I wouldn't of had to do ishh.

I was saving up my money and getting ready to come out with a production company. CSR music group... I did everything from making it a LLC and getting a domain and getting my BMI publishing up... I lost my job.

The 15,000 I had saved up to do everything went to keeping my house over my head. I could not get another field service job cause no one wanted to gamble on a kid without a Bachelor degree.....

If I would of had a degree I would be able to complete construction on my studio.

I'm simplifying right now. but you need to get a good education under you. You know how many actors have a degree. John Legend has a degree.

If you making 80,000 to 100,000 a year and have no responsibilities outside yourself. You can afford to invest away.

I learned a hard lesson ...the hard way. I won't be able to go back to school till 2011 or 2012. But I'm going back when my wife is done. And life will be so much better...

What I know now that I did not think of is ....

The music is not going anywhere. It's been here before us and it will continue to be here. Make sure to secure a future for yourself. Cause not everyone is built to gamble...

Now THAT'S REAL LIFE. People think I be all up on my high horse because I have my degree and I made good money. But I know the realities of not having your degree...everybody around me is living it.

I'm glad you said this. Cuz this is the realities of the world.

Get your education.

Pretty simple.... Go to school. Stay out of trouble. Use a condom every time. Most people want to take the easy route in life. But there is no such thing in life. Whatever you decided to do in life stick to it. Don't jump from one thing to the next.
That goes with anything. Job, school, or music. A lot of youth need to learn how to follow through instead of throwing in the towel when it gets hard or things fall apart.

Right now everyone is trying to get into music. Everywhere you go you see rappers trying to get on or singers singing and dancing. So many people trying to get on at once like it's gone out of style and the criteria for an entertainment career is extremely high as dictated by the fans. What makes it even crazy... it's almost like people are trying their damnest to jump onto a sinking boat "called the old model". People equate fame to riches and that's just not true.

Back in 2004 I did not have anyone to talk to me and get me straight. Everyone believed in my talent and just silently shook their heads with a grin. It wasn't like I was a hard head, but they thought if anyone had a chance I did. Funny thing is I watch my mom struggle with 2 kids while going to the University of New Orleans. So it's not like I did not understand the value of and education or the struggle. I just did not want to work in that manner to become successful. I thought I could use my natural talent for melody and blow up...

And I was heavy into paper chasing. I guess growing up poor when you get to a certain age and you start making money. You get greedy and want more. To sit back and realize how naive and how much of a dreamer I was....breaks my heart. But what does not kill you truly make you stronger.

I will be in my 30s when I finally have a college degree. My lil girl will be entering high school. That's crazy.

Hmmm.

What I know now about the music game and after having door closed in my face. I would have definitely endured the 4 or 5 years of school. Instead of enduring what will probably stack up to 10 or 15years of ups and downs.

You guys need to understand people like Troup and whomever support education for a reason. I don't have to reveal the details of my life. But man I don't want you guys to be blind. So I do.... And it's some real shit out here. If you not gonna go to college, please pick up a trade like Pipefitting, wielding, electrical, or carpentry. Don't go through life without some skill.

Check it

Since the jobs in New Orleans are basicly slim to none. We have no manufacting jobs. All you can do is work in OFFSHORE , work in a refinery plant , work on the river or get a crappy labor job. If you have no degree or a trade?!?!?!?!
And none of those jobs are kushy. You will bust ya ass for that lil bit of chump change.

I ended up having to get a job in NDT and I have to travel between N.O. and Houston every two weeks. The shit is dangerous and its a strain on my family.

Look I pray for y'all kids coming out of high school... I hope to God , no of y'all have to struggle or hurt like I did or worse.

Once again....thanks for that insight....just know that it will not be taken in vain......
that goes for everybody!
Good motivation.

Back