vip soundclick account. worth it or not?

Not sure if this question's been asked/answered, but for those of you who DO have VIP pages, are the statistics updated in real-time or every 24 hours like a regular band page??

i hope your not wanting a vip account to make money off it. if your not already making money off soundclick then good luck to ya cuz soundclick is dead. everyone sounds the same, everybody using the same kits, selling leases for 10 bucks, etcc.... how the **** do u make a living off 10 dollar leases? lol. the best thing i would suggest to get your name out there is to get on twitter and start networking. i used soundclick for a min but it didnt bring me in any type of serious cash and wasnt getting me any type of recognotion other than that of my peers (other music producers) but that does me no good because my market as a producer isnt other producers, its artist

So, What's really the best way to get a placement, or sell alot of beats online. I'm new to this and i would appreciate your opinion.

i would say twitter is the best way. there are hella artist, a&r's, etc... looking for beats all the time. i have one person who hits me everyday looking for beats!! someone whos heavily connected in the industry and has some power to make some placements happen. the thing is about 90 percent of the emails they get are from garbage producers, another 7% are ok beats and or full tracks and the last 3% are full on hit!!! so make sure you come with your A game. i would say perfect ur craft before starting to chase placements but thats me. i made sure i was happy with the product i was putting out before i actually started getting serious with music.

dont expect to get paid for placements right off the bat either. unless its going on an album or its gonna be pushed as a single then good luck gettin paid. starting off its all about getting your name out there. once u have a name and a demand for your product then money will come in, u may even get offered a pub deal. alot of dudes choose to go the online indy route because youll retain 100& of your publishing, which is cool, its not really saying much if u dont have any publishing to collect in the first place. theres some dudes making 6 figures a year from the online beat game but it just seems like its dying to me, only people peeping out soundclick beats are other producers. but back to the publishing. i say the good thing about getting a publishing deal is that youll have a team of people behind your working to get your records placed because thats where they make their money. but it comes at a cost, a chunk of your publishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back