-UFC 113- Machida v. Shogun 2

vladb

I got Machida to beat Shogun.

Koscheck to beat Daley.

Kimbo to beat Mitrione.

Predictions???

I got Shogun beating Machida

Daley beating Koscheck

and I'm going with Kimbo because Mitrione is going to gas out.

I am generally pretty bad with MMA predictions but...

Shogun & Daley are getting insanely good odds at most bookies. Here they are paying 3:1 on Daley beating Koscheck, even though I don't think Daley will win, those are some crazy odds. Shogun getting like 2.3:1

---------- Post added 05-08-2010 at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-07-2010 at 09:57 AM ----------

Lol, Daley managed to ruin his UFC career nicely.

---------- Post added 05-08-2010 at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-07-2010 at 09:57 AM ----------

Lol, Daley managed to ruin his UFC career nicely.

I really hate Koscheck right now. The dude is a straight up *****. He faked an injury in his fight with AJ (eyepoke) and faked an injury against Daley.

I was laughing when they showed the replay and it turned out that Daley didn't even hit him. Even Joe Rogan called him out on that shit. Said that Koshcheck "deserved an Oscar". lol.

Daley pretty much ****ed his own career up tho. I was hoping Dana would just suspend him, but the UFC takes unsportsmanlike conduct very very seriously.

On another note, anyone else feel bad for Machida? I mean, i was hoping Shogun would win but the way that Machida left the octagon with his head hangin in shame really made me feel bad.

Koscheck faked an injury, but Daley threw an illegal knee with a specific intention. Regardless, Kos got up and continued the fight. But obviously the injury fake isn't going to win him any fans.

I kinda felt bad for Machida too, but I guess he's just not use to losing.

I thought it was a very entertaining card.

I don't think they'll cut him, he'll be back. His legs are hella suspect though.

They already cut Kimbo. Next stop for Kimbo is Japan. He'll be a wayyyy bigger star over there. Bob Sapp used to fight over there and was getting beat by guys half his size... but Bob was in over 200 commercials and was getting paid more than ALL of those dudes and he doesn't look as "interesting" as Kimbo.

Kimbo was supposed to go there before going to the UFC... he thought the UFC was going to be easier than what it was. They said he used to get man-handled pretty regularly in sparring...

StrikeForce probably can't take him... he's been beaten on TV too many times. First when Elite XC was on Nat'l TV, then big Roy Nelson beat him on a highly watched show... then Matt Mittrione beat him and he's not even a true fighter - former football player... and that cop beat him on Youtube...

He's going to be in Japan making triple if not more than what the UFC was paying him. Sure he can beat up street guys... but guys that train to fight... nope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimbo should just go to pro wrestling.

I bet that's what's after his stint in Japan.

I think pro wrestlers make more than the low level UFC fighters. I read one time that this pro wrestler said he made $400,000 a year but he said the constant travel and lifestyle and bruises weren't worth it.

He said that was peanuts compared to what Vince McMahon made...

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Official Kimbo drop

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh896T5YeS7AB34r1q

Last edited by a moderator:
Average salary of pro wrestler in WWE is 400K. Low level fighters in UFC get 5K to show 5K to win... but they make the majority of their money on sponsorships.

Really, there is no money in MMA other than for the huge stars (Tito, Chuck, etc). Add to that, the average career is less than 7 years, it's not an industry you really want to be in.

They already cut Kimbo. Next stop for Kimbo is Japan. He'll be a wayyyy bigger star over there. Bob Sapp used to fight over there and was getting beat by guys half his size... but Bob was in over 200 commercials and was getting paid more than ALL of those dudes and he doesn't look as "interesting" as Kimbo.

Kimbo was supposed to go there before going to the UFC... he thought the UFC was going to be easier than what it was. They said he used to get man-handled pretty regularly in sparring...

StrikeForce probably can't take him... he's been beaten on TV too many times. First when Elite XC was on Nat'l TV, then big Roy Nelson beat him on a highly watched show... then Matt Mittrione beat him and he's not even a true fighter - former football player... and that cop beat him on Youtube...

He's going to be in Japan making triple if not more than what the UFC was paying him. Sure he can beat up street guys... but guys that train to fight... nope.

So it's official official ??? I remember Dana White saying that would probably be his last fight thats why I thought he had a chance just for the ratings he brings (not that the ufc needs it...)

Maybe in the future he can get his shit together and work his way back into the UFC, I hate to see him become a sideshow in Japan like they did Sapp (like you mentioned.) Usually I don't give a **** (like Daley) but Kimbo is real folk, you can't help but root for him. He worked his ass off and never whined...it's just those damn legs. Atleast he never got KO'd....I know he's been TKO'd and that shit still sucks, but it'd be sad as hell to see him out asleep.

Back