Racism or Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is alot of truth in what u say but ofcourse not allot of people are willing to admit to that caus hip hop is more pop genre, where everyone can now be apart of it and claim rights to it dat dey dont hav. And u dont really see it in other genres except for rock n roll where african americans also played a crucial roll in developing. but the culture is being exploited and used as a marketing gimmick to attract buyers of that sub culture which must be an important sub culture if u gonna put millions of dollars behind a campaign geared at dat subculture.

The culture was exploited a long time ago and guys like Hov and Diddy helped orchestrate it. It's not a race thing, it's a money thing. If a label offered you a sweet deal where you could make a few mill annually, you'd rape and pillage the culture too. Unfortunately That's what executives do. Encourage their artists to make business decisions that maximize revenues. Just ask Mr. Colipark. The same guys complaining about the culture being exploited werent talking that mess years ago when Atlanta and the dirty south was the hot spot. Now that rap is heading in that pop direction where they have to share the spotlight with whites, it's now a cultural problem. I thought the music was crap back then and it's still crap now. The only difference is the players have changed. i still support my true independent hip hop artists directly. That's the beauty of the internet. They can still reach their fanbase directly and that's all that really matters.

Last edited:
There is alot of truth in what u say but ofcourse not allot of people are willing to admit to that caus hip hop is more pop genre, where everyone can now be apart of it and claim rights to it dat dey dont hav. And u dont really see it in other genres except for rock n roll where african americans also played a crucial roll in developing. but the culture is being exploited and used as a marketing gimmick to attract buyers of that sub culture which must be an important sub culture if u gonna put millions of dollars behind a campaign geared at dat subculture.

hands down your one of the smartest people to talk in this thread. and i didnt know i couldnt bring up race in a section about black music......but ok you right they just dont wanna hear it. truth hurts these days

Wow, so much "facts" and "secrets" in one thread.

Hypothesis is not a theory; theories have predicting abilities.
For example:

"Black people have extraordinary musical abilities"

therefore

"Black people are more likely to make dope shit like RKelly with dat bootyz sonk"

------------------------------------------------------------

There are roughly 900 MILLION Africans and people directly stemming from Africans, today ( like Afro-Americans or the many tribes of Black in Indonesia). Roughly 3% (!!!) of them
live in the US.

So given that 97% of all Blacks live outside of the US, how many of said NINETY SEVEN PERCENT have "dope R Kelly dem booty hitz" in the US? Again, if Blacks are made to make music, how comes European/Asian or American charts aren't full of Nigerian or Sudanese "dope and catchy shit about dem bootyz, like RKelly done did it!". ;)

Well, so your "theory" has zero predictive power.

Not a single link to research or scientific proof of a single claim made on that page, yet it is stated as being fact when in reality it is theory...even says theory in the link.
as white people say a theory is something that doesnt have enough evidence to deny it. IE the big bang theory which you prolly believe. i didnt know so many people get mad when you state an observation. this conversation is no different than saying blacks are naturally superior athletes it aint race bait its the damn truth i know its a hard pill to shallow. now all i said was blacks have a natural ability to create music being that we are a musical people . now every hidden racist comes out and tries to make me look crazy when the proof is in the pudding go outside sometime lol

as white people say a theory is something that doesnt have enough evidence to deny it. IE the big bang theory which you prolly believe. i didnt know so many people get mad when you state an observation. this conversation is no different than saying blacks are naturally superior athletes it aint race bait its the damn truth i know its a hard pill to shallow. now all i said was blacks have a natural ability to create music being that we are a musical people . now every hidden racist comes out and tries to make me look crazy when the proof is in the pudding go outside sometime lol

you're the one who said theory. if you had said observation the difference between a theory and hypothesis would not have come up.

and why would anyone try and make you look crazy? you're doing a really good job of it on your own.

Did you just call me racist?
Have I even stated my racial makeup anywhere on this forum for you to make that call?

Wow I thought we were having a discussion about something you yourself said was fact, I was refuting it on the basis that you have only presented theory and not one fact. I am willing to put in the time and back up my comments with as much fact as I can and if I can't I am willing to recant my statements.

You see in a discussion you can share ideas and information with the idea of maybe gaining a new outlook on what you always perceived as being true. What you have done is basically tossed out some wild ass theory you can't back up and then turned around and called the person who disagrees with you racist because you are too immature to back your shit up or admit you may be wrong.

You just jumped into the deep end of the pool without your water wings on, so get to swimmin because the lifeguard done went home.

also you have yet to address how JeanLukPigheart's actual number address your observation.
numbers? look at all the black people in rap music that can make a hit with no musical teachings........i seems i cant uplift my people with facts. i didnt say white muscians arnt talented. i just said blacks possess a natural ability to make music. now as to the statment about charts and things that doesnt affect weather or not 3 year olds in african or america being black can make music dance and do artistic things at a young age. now weather europeans like it or not that doesnt take away from a GOD giving gift to make music NATURALLY. now come on with you B/S response on how my obseravation and commonly known theory is wrong. ill be waiting

numbers? look at all the black people in rap music that can make a hit with no musical teachings........i seems i cant uplift my people with facts. i didnt say white muscians arnt talented. i just said blacks possess a natural ability to make music. now as to the statment about charts and things that doesnt affect weather or not 3 year olds in african or america being black can make music dance and do artistic things at a young age. now weather europeans like it or not that doesnt take away from a GOD giving gift to make music NATURALLY. now come on with you B/S response on how my obseravation and commonly known theory is wrong. ill be waiting

Are you talking historically? As in over the last 500 years or so that music has been considered a valid cultural contribution? Or are you talking in the last 100 years of modern history?

Just curious as to where your sampling of statistics is coming from so that I too can look them up and review it.

So I take you you have no real answers just ramblings? And you are the only one talking about white people btw.

Like I said. I've met some crazy talented white people as far as music goes. Hell Youtube is filled with dope musicians. Black, white, asian, middle eastern, hispanic etc. I don't really see it being more dominant one way or the other. BWADE on the other hand hasn't really shown proof of black people being more musically talented from birth. I mean most times talent is developed. Jimi didn't come out the womb playing purple haze. Skills grow. But yeah musically would be much more dominated by blacks if we were that much more naturally talented than white people

would it be so far fetch to say that black people naturally possess a ability to make music ? not trying to sound racist or create an argument on ignorant things but factual evidence shows that black people usually do not go to music school to learn to play an instrument or create music of any kind. now in this age of "everyone is equal " sometimes we forget FACTS. now when we look at major trends in popular music they are created from black people could this be the reason companies offer shoe deals and numerous other endorsements to market products? could their be something appealing about the African race that they can market a product better than any other musician. (I.E rick ross reebok) (Dr Dre Beats). why is it considered racist to say black people are naturally musical talented instead of a widely known fact?

once again no intention to start race tension just trying to figure out the standard of society they seem to take alot from the black culture. in more recent examples like twerking. could this be why justin beiber hangs with black people now? lol ok that one was a joke

but anythoughts?

I think it would be a bit far fetched to say that black people naturaly possess an ability to make music because it's an unrealistic generalization, that is to say not all black people have a natural musical ability, nor is such an ability exclusive to one race...the question then becomes is natural musical ability more common to one race than another, in which case who gives a shit?.....I'll tell you who....people who want to lay claims to other peoples personal achivements based upon such an irelivent similarity as race!

Who can rightfully claim the achivements of the ancient Egyptians or Greeks as though they are their own achivements?

I think it would be a bit far fetched to say that black people naturaly possess an ability to make music because it's an unrealistic generalization, that is to say not all black people have a natural musical ability, nor is such an ability exclusive to one race...the question then becomes is natural musical ability more common to one race than another, in which case who gives a shit?.....I'll tell you who....people who want to lay claims to other peoples personal achivements based upon such an irelivent similarity as race!

Who can rightfully claim the achivements of the ancient Egyptians or Greeks as though they are their own achivements?

Now let me get this straight. I say something that is uplifting to black people. and that make you that mad? i mean all im doing is saying me and my fellow brothers all can do something musically. i aint say we were better than anyone. i just stated an observation i aint know so many people would get there panties in a bunch. and if it dont matter why argue with me? why so many try to find flaw? i just said something positive. aint like its a secret. i guess some people dont want another group of people feel good about themselves.... truth

Now let me get this straight. I say something that is uplifting to black people. and that make you that mad? i mean all im doing is saying me and my fellow brothers all can do something musically. i aint say we were better than anyone. i just stated an observation i aint know so many people would get there panties in a bunch. and if it dont matter why argue with me? why so many try to find flaw? i just said something positive. aint like its a secret. i guess some people dont want another group of people feel good about themselves.... truth

All?....nope, sorry dude but when it comes to natural musical ability some cats have it and some don't....regardless of race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back