Racism or Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwade

would it be so far fetch to say that black people naturally possess a ability to make music ? not trying to sound racist or create an argument on ignorant things but factual evidence shows that black people usually do not go to music school to learn to play an instrument or create music of any kind. now in this age of "everyone is equal " sometimes we forget FACTS. now when we look at major trends in popular music they are created from black people could this be the reason companies offer shoe deals and numerous other endorsements to market products? could their be something appealing about the African race that they can market a product better than any other musician. (I.E rick ross reebok) (Dr Dre Beats). why is it considered racist to say black people are naturally musical talented instead of a widely known fact?

once again no intention to start race tension just trying to figure out the standard of society they seem to take alot from the black culture. in more recent examples like twerking. could this be why justin beiber hangs with black people now? lol ok that one was a joke

but anythoughts?

No I don't think there is any inherent difference based on color to the ability to create or market music or themselves any better...remember that Led Zepplin and the Eagles used to be chart toppers who could sign their names to anything and it was guaranteed to sell.

Times have changed and music has changed but the formula is the same, give the people what they want and nobody cares what color you are.

​Where is the factual evidence?
numerous black musicians who only play by ear. not saying there arent many whites who cant or anyother race. but the fact that many black musicians can make a song about anything and it be marketable. like r kelly feeling on your booty

numerous black musicians who only play by ear. not saying there arent many whites who cant or anyother race. but the fact that many black musicians can make a song about anything and it be marketable. like r kelly feeling on your booty

That is anecdotal evidence, not fact

Man I don't know what you're talking about.
playing by ear? Are you talking about hip-hop producers?
Most musicians I know have some formal training whether it be at the high school or college level.
Using R Kelly (who did have a good music teacher) to make an argument is not a good strategy.
It must be a Black History month thing with all these race related threads popping up.

Last edited:
Most musicians I know have some formal training whether it be at the high school or college level.
Using R Kelly (who did have a good music teacher) to make an argument is not a good strategy.
It must be a Black History month thing with all these race related threads popping up.

does talking about the truth irritate you?

also having a music teacher doesnt teach you to make catchy songs that become mega hits

it is a fact because the people that can are the evidence.

No facts have numbers to back them up as well as studies and papers written about the subject that is irrefutable.

Anecdotal evidence is more along the lines of, "All the Asian kids in my neighborhood are unable to slam dunk on a regulation hoop, therefore Asians are bad at basketball."

*edit*
A better explanation of the term
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-anecdotal-evidence.htm

Last edited:

show me the facts don't regurgitate what someone told some magazine so that they would appear to be cool.......

ps there is going to university to learn how to play and then there is going to see private teacher to do the same thing they are both going to music school just one is seen as a captive environment.....

Just for point of clarification the rock world is littered with many musicians of all colors who can't read a single note.

For example this list is a good start:15 Iconic Axemen Who Can't Read Music | Guitar Columns @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Being able to read or having gone to school for music is not a requirement in any way in order to make music (great music or otherwise). There are centuries of people having made music with no formal training, in fact only until the last couple centuries or so artists of any kind were looked at as being useless members of society, only art which created a useful product was looked at as having merit to society as a whole.

I know some pretty talented white musicians who can't read a lick of music. I didn't know my skin color granted me additional musical abilities

i aint know everybody would get so overwhelmed. just stated an observation. but yeh yall aint really rebutting the theory.....

just stated an observation. but yeh yall aint really rebutting the theory.....

Um...

not trying to sound racist or create an argument on ignorant things but factual evidence shows that black people usually do not go to music school to learn to play an instrument or create music of any kind
but anythoughts?

Still waitin on that one.
Provide that, then we can talk.

..... sometimes we forget FACTS.......

I see you use this word a lot, I dont think you know what it means
:cool:

Last edited:
i aint know everybody would get so overwhelmed. just stated an observation. but yeh yall aint really rebutting the theory.....

its a hypothesis not theory.

and you're not exactly proving it so its still net zero.

not really sure where you are going with the part about shoes and headphones. that's just basic marketing really. find what the target audience likes and have them brand it.

would it be so far fetch to say that black people naturally possess a ability to make music ? not trying to sound racist or create an argument on ignorant things but factual evidence shows that black people usually do not go to music school to learn to play an instrument or create music of any kind. now in this age of "everyone is equal " sometimes we forget FACTS. now when we look at major trends in popular music they are created from black people could this be the reason companies offer shoe deals and numerous other endorsements to market products? could their be something appealing about the African race that they can market a product better than any other musician. (I.E rick ross reebok) (Dr Dre Beats). why is it considered racist to say black people are naturally musical talented instead of a widely known fact?

once again no intention to start race tension just trying to figure out the standard of society they seem to take alot from the black culture. in more recent examples like twerking. could this be why justin beiber hangs with black people now? lol ok that one was a joke

but anythoughts?

T-Minus is white and he makes better music than any other black producer right now...dont be lame

EDIT: he didnt go to school he did it by ear

Last edited:

but anythoughts?

We're definitely creative, resilient and quite the trendsetters but to imply that we're all innately great musicians is hogwash. Our great musicians who did play by ear still had to work on their craft spending countless hours fine tuning them skills. It's not like Clyde Stubblefield(James Brown's funky drummer) came out the womb playing funky drums or James Jamerson was born playing bass. On the other hand I have heard many musicians both black and white say formal music training can in fact inhibit your music because it has so many rigid rules and if you listen to some of the funkiest musicians, they defy and break all of the so called golden rules of music. Check out the documentary on Stax Records if you are unfamiliar with whites contributions to soul music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30aO0A-puX0

Last edited:

but anythoughts?

There is alot of truth in what u say but ofcourse not allot of people are willing to admit to that caus hip hop is more pop genre, where everyone can now be apart of it and claim rights to it dat dey dont hav. And u dont really see it in other genres except for rock n roll where african americans also played a crucial roll in developing. but the culture is being exploited and used as a marketing gimmick to attract buyers of that sub culture which must be an important sub culture if u gonna put millions of dollars behind a campaign geared at dat subculture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back