Put on for Ya City!!

Spaceman_Ant

Where you from...

For the most part all of us are in some type of contact thru these threads...
having discussion on music all the way down to personal opinions thru out the weeks...
Yet we dnt no much about each other....

Most likely you wouldnt walk down the street ask'n rando's their opinions on anything...
In thats pretty much what we do here...

So i will start...

The name if you couldn't tell is spaceman_ant... Was born in Alaska but moved to Maryland when i was young...
So i've lived in the DMV for the better part of my life...

Not to much of a congregation of musicians besides go-go artist around D.C...
-n part time rappers...

The reason i make music
-b/c i need to... anxiety is a b_tch...lls
But honestly b/c it just helps relieve something in me...

Your turn

I am Nightshade (whoda thunk that?)
Born in VA and then moved all around the world with the family (agency brat).
By the time we came back to the states I had spent more time overseas than I had in the states and made a lap and a half around the world as well.
Currently living in the tri-cities of Washington state (SE corner) which will pretty much make you snowblind in summer.
Lots of musicians around here but not much going on with hip hop at all, a couple wannabes but nothing with skills I have seen on my 3 years here.

I have always been around music and musicians but aside from turntables for a while doing raves (hey it was good money in the 90s) I haven't created a whole lot of my own. Always loved sampling, remix and re-imagining of songs so I am working on teaching myself a couple programs and picking up an MPC or Maschine at some point and get the ideas out in a more solid form.

Been listening to hip hop since I was first exposed to it in 78 and fell in love with it instantly, although I listen to just about everything with my main influence outside of hip hop being punk rock.

I'm Rafael, aka DarkYsidro, aka drvLock, I was born and still live in São Paulo, Brazil.

I never was much into music during my childhood, until, when I was 15yo, a friend of mine handed me the Cd that would change all my life: Ride the Lightning by Metallica. Since then, I've always ventured through various heavy metal sub-genres, but mostly on the extreme ones, like black and death metal, and some grindcore too.

When I was 18yo, I started playing the guitar, but never wen't to a music school.

I stopped making music when I was like 21yo, because of pure laziness, but I also expanded my musical taste to electronic music, mostly drum and bass.

When I was 30yo, when I decided to take a part on making electronic music, and for a year now I've been practicing like two hours everyday.

I'm married and have a daughter.

Back