My school's DUMB cell phone policy

When I was in school it was beepers. They'd confiscate one from me every 2 days. I'd just go buy another one and get my acct. switched over to it. End of one year the principal called me into the office and gave me back 27 beepers and 2 of those old school grey cells with the antenna you pull out.

They kept our stuff til our parents came and got it, but my mama wasn't gonna go up there to get my beeper or cell. In all honesty, I think they did it to prevent us from being able to conduct criminal acts during school operating times. It's not like when I got a beep I wouldn't skip the next period to run across the street.

I do know this, if I buy my kid a cell for emergencies, and a teacher feels the right to take what I bought for any ammount of time exceeding that day of school, we gonna have some problems. What if my kid is attacked, or in an accident on the way home during that time period and left without a means of communication?

When I was in school it was beepers. They'd confiscate one from me every 2 days. I'd just go buy another one and get my acct. switched over to it. End of one year the principal called me into the office and gave me back 27 beepers and 2 of those old school grey cells with the antenna you pull out.

They kept our stuff til our parents came and got it, but my mama wasn't gonna go up there to get my beeper or cell. In all honesty, I think they did it to prevent us from being able to conduct criminal acts during school operating times. It's not like when I got a beep I wouldn't skip the next period to run across the street.

I do know this, if I buy my kid a cell for emergencies, and a teacher feels the right to take what I bought for any ammount of time exceeding that day of school, we gonna have some problems. What if my kid is attacked, or in an accident on the way home during that time period and left without a means of communication?

yeah but if i buy my kid a phone for emergencies and then find they've been using it in the middle of class i'm going to be pretty damn annoyed at the school and the kid.

but great point

I'm not saying don't have one, I'm saying don't have it on in class. Have it turned off in the bag or the locker. hell, have it on and on silent (no ringer and no vibrate).

I missed the bus half the time before i bought my first car sophmore year. I rode my bike the 3 miles, unless you live in the middle of nowhere, your are not going to live more than 5 miles from your school.

or you can use your phone at home to find another ride. and if you miss the bus in the afternoon, you can take the detention/afterschool bus.

Back