MMA: Rampage vs Rashad

D

*Don*

Ok i was browsin thru all the mma websites and I came up on an article where King Mo (another mma fighter) got into a beef with rampage. mo went on to say that rampage's anger stems from the fact that he wants to be the only nigga in mma.

Rashad has said this exact thing before. He even dissed rampage for the whole "black on black crime" thing that he did. Do u think that's the reason why rampage dislikes other black fighters? i mean, there's no way that the rampage/rashad beef stemed from rashad's actions after rampage's win against jardine. i think its more than that.
any thoughts?

Rampage wants to beat everybody.

If someone seems worthy to go the whole route with him (talkin' junk, etc.), then so much the better.

Rampage doesn't like anyone mouthin' off at him, and more so another black man. For whatever reason.

Go A-Team movie.

If you look at the face off after the Jardine fight, Rampage initially looked as if he thought Rashad came in to congratulate him on his win but Rashad started saying some slick ish and Rampage told him "Don't say that Rashad... don't say that". He still tried to shake Rashad's hand when the exchange was over.

After the fact... and it happens to me... Rampage got into the "I should've done this, I should've done that" mental battle. That's why I'm so quick to feel attacked because of past situations where I've felt I've let people "get away with" ish.

Rampage doesn't care about being the only black man in the UFC. There's Houston Alexander, Jon Jones, Anthony Johnson, Din Thomas used to be there, Cheick Kongo, Melvin Guillard, and if you look at the genuine interest he's showing in Kimbo... I think he didn't like Rashad getting in his face after Rashad turned him down for a fight. A guy on Youtube told Rampage that Kimbo said that Rampage was his favorite fighter and Rampage was shocked, when Kimbo showed up at the TUF house Rampage took him right under his wing.

Rashad is the one that acts like a lil byatch. He wanted Jardine to win so bad so he could knock Rampage out of title contention and he could have a leg to stand on as to why he wouldn't have to fight Rampage. Rampage said he likes Jardine. Rampage told him the truth though about him not fighting anybody. Rampage has been in there against some monsters. Rashad's LUCK has come from him boring the crowd to death and dancing the whole first 2:30 of every fight and forcing the other person to bring the action. Then Rashad capitalizes off of the other person trying to make a fight out of things. Rashad has never gotten fight of the night honors.

I don't look at his win over Forrest Griffin as anything anymore either after seeing Anderson Silva destroy him. Rampage let Forrest off the hook too many times.

Rashad has seen his day, he's not going to beat a Vitor Belfort or Lyoto Machida. He can't beat a focused Rampage and the division he's in is stacked. I put him in the middle of the pack.

Dudes are jealous of Rampage because he is THE ONLY Known black fighter outside of MMA besides Kimbo. Rampage is on the late night shows and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the face off after the Jardine fight, Rampage initially looked as if he thought Rashad came in to congratulate him on his win but Rashad started saying some slick ish and Rampage told him "Don't say that Rashad... don't say that". He still tried to shake Rashad's hand when the exchange was over.

After the fact... and it happens to me... Rampage got into the "I should've done this, I should've done that" mental battle. That's why I'm so quick to feel attacked because of past situations where I've felt I've let people "get away with" ish.

Rampage doesn't care about being the only black man in the UFC. There's Houston Alexander, Jon Jones, Anthony Johnson, Din Thomas used to be there, Cheick Kongo, Melvin Guillard, and if you look at the genuine interest he's showing in Kimbo... I think he didn't like Rashad getting in his face after Rashad turned him down for a fight. A guy on Youtube told Rampage that Kimbo said that Rampage was his favorite fighter and Rampage was shocked, when Kimbo showed up at the TUF house Rampage took him right under his wing.

Rashad is the one that acts like a lil byatch. He wanted Jardine to win so bad so he could knock Rampage out of title contention and he could have a leg to stand on as to why he wouldn't have to fight Rampage. Rampage said he likes Jardine. Rampage told him the truth though about him not fighting anybody. Rampage has been in there against some monsters. Rashad's LUCK has come from him boring the crowd to death and dancing the whole first 2:30 of every fight and forcing the other person to bring the action. Then Rashad capitalizes off of the other person trying to make a fight out of things. Rashad has never gotten fight of the night honors.

I don't look at his win over Forrest Griffin as anything anymore either after seeing Anderson Silva destroy him. Rampage let Forrest off the hook too many times.

Rashad has seen his day, he's not going to beat a Vitor Belfort or Lyoto Machida. He can't beat a focused Rampage and the division he's in is stacked. I put him in the middle of the pack.

Dudes are jealous of Rampage because he is THE ONLY Known black fighter outside of MMA besides Kimbo. Rampage is on the late night shows and everything.

(in best Ludacris voice) Umm dude... there you have it.

Not to hijack this thread, but I think that Anthony Johnson has a VERY bright future in the UFC. If he can continue to develop his wrestling/ground skills with AKA, he'll be a force.

On topic, Rashad seems to always have something to say to/about Rampage, but I feel like if they did fight, Rampage would beat his a*s. I also truly believe that if it was Rampage would've fought Machida, he might not have won, but he wouldn't have gotten highlight-reeled the way Rashad did.

I think Anthony Johnson is fighting somebody "real" in his next fight. Not saying that he can't scrap because he can but now he's moving into the fighters with a name. He'll probably clown them too.

Jon Jones is a mofo too...

... I feel bad for Stephan Bonner, lol. Forrest goes on to become champ and Stephan can't even get on the televised fights. I was watching Dana White's video blog and Stephan was all upset because Jon Jones man-handled him and Dana said "Don't worry about it, he's a young strong kid, you're UFC for life, don't sweat it." Stephan looked like he wanted to cry.

There's one brother in Strikeforce that fought recently that's a fool wit it too. I can't remember his name.

I think Anthony Johnson is fighting somebody "real" in his next fight. Not saying that he can't scrap because he can but now he's moving into the fighters with a name. He'll probably clown them too.

Jon Jones is a mofo too...

... I feel bad for Stephan Bonner, lol. Forrest goes on to become champ and Stephan can't even get on the televised fights. I was watching Dana White's video blog and Stephan was all upset because Jon Jones man-handled him and Dana said "Don't worry about it, he's a young strong kid, you're UFC for life, don't sweat it." Stephan looked like he wanted to cry.

There's one brother in Strikeforce that fought recently that's a fool wit it too. I can't remember his name.
I've yet to see Jon Jones fight, but I hear his name being thrown around quite a bit (always in a conversation with Ryan Bader).

And lol @ Stephan Bonner. He had that uber-epic fight with Forrest, and now is languishing in the UFC on preliminary card fights, lol.

Oh, that dude on StrikeForce's name is Tyron Woodley.

... he be wrecking fools.

I looked him up on YouTube. Damn!

Dude...his ground & pound is vicious.

From the looks of that video, it looks like he's got great speed in his hands, and some real knockout power.

I'd be curious to see how he reacts on his back with someone working from his guard.. Since it looks like he's from a wrestling background, I'd reckon that he probably wouldn't like it too much, lol.

What trips me out about that is this:

While it does fuk with their mind initially, when you have more legal weapons at your disposal to rectify the situation, you should just get to it.

MMA rules give the opportunity to not only use the wrestling escapes, but also the new punches, elbows, etc. that wouldn't fly under wrestling rules.

What trips me out about that is this:

While it does fuk with their mind initially, when you have more legal weapons at your disposal to rectify the situation, you should just get to it.

MMA rules give the opportunity to not only use the wrestling escapes, but also the new punches, elbows, etc. that wouldn't fly under wrestling rules.
Right. This is how I think, too.

But on the other hand, I guess when you're dealing with a BJJ black belt who has a submission for every possible situation/scenario, it makes you a little more cautious.

What I say is develop legendary takedown defense like Chuck Liddell/Anderson Silva, so that way when your opponent shoots for the double, you can either a) stuff it right there, or b) if you do get taken down, have the skill/ability to stand right back up.

I guess he's smart and not used to losing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyron_Woodley

Tyron Woodley was born and raised in Ferguson, Missouri an area a few miles from St. Louis, Missouri. He was born eleventh of the thirteen Woodley children to Sylvester and Deborah Woodley. He was raised by his mother after his father left early in his life. In high school he was on the honor roll every term, received All-Conference honors in football, was a two time state finalist in wrestling finishing 48-0 and winning a state title.[2][3]

Got cut from The Ultimate Fighter though...

He whupped some dudes azz in StrikeForce Challengers a few weeks ago.

I guess he's smart and not used to losing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyron_Woodley

Tyron Woodley was born and raised in Ferguson, Missouri an area a few miles from St. Louis, Missouri. He was born eleventh of the thirteen Woodley children to Sylvester and Deborah Woodley. He was raised by his mother after his father left early in his life. In high school he was on the honor roll every term, received All-Conference honors in football, was a two time state finalist in wrestling finishing 48-0 and winning a state title.[2][3]

Got cut from The Ultimate Fighter though...

He whupped some dudes azz in StrikeForce Challengers a few weeks ago.
If he keeps this up, I'm sure Dana will snap him up once his contract with Strikeforce is through.

I train with anthony johnson here in san jose. dudes a beast man. hes getting better with his kicks and everything. well you do get better when you train with one of the best kickers in mma and thats cung. cant wait to see him beat some ass again

I train with anthony johnson here in san jose. dudes a beast man. hes getting better with his kicks and everything. well you do get better when you train with one of the best kickers in mma and thats cung. cant wait to see him beat some ass again

does he really cut 50 lbs? lol, I'm guessing he let himself go a bit if he did cut that much.

Back