Mike Tyson and the Rape Conviction

D

*Don*

Okay, after surfin the web and examining the evidence from the case files, i can't help but come to the conclusion that mike may really have been innocent of rapin Desiree Washington.

We all know that Mike was capable of raping her, but then again, any fool with a dick is capable of such acts. Lets run down the evidence:

-Mike called Desiree Washington (a beauty pageant queen) late at night and suggested that she come over. Washington first complained that it was gettin late and that she had to get some rest. Mike said that he was leaving early the next day so he would be unable to spend time with her. Regardless, Washington ended up agreeing and met Mike at his hotel room.

-The next part is where it gets kinda murky. Mike claims that he began a whole lotta foreplay and that Washington flirted with him as well. Washington disputed this and said that she tried to repell his advances. She claims mike "jumped on her" and she was apalled. In any case, both parties agree that after this initial foreplay, Washington excused herself and went to the bathroom.

-Here's the thing. In the bathroom was a phone that Washington could have used to call for help. No such call was made. Washington came out of the bathroom and shortly afterwards, she claims that she was "brutally and maliciously raped".

Now here is where i think Washington was lying.
-First of all, she waited four days before reporting the rape.
-She first called several tabloids and attempted to sell her story before proceeding to talk with the police.

Furthermore, there was dubious actions on part of the prosecutor's office as well. Apparently, Washington (who came from a strict christian family) had accused a former exboyfriend of rape in order to save herself from her father's wrath. When Mike's lawyer tried to use the exboyfriend as a witness, the prosecutor cited "pass the deadline" as a blocking measure.

The final nail in the coffin is the fact that in 2004, Washington's cousin came forward and said that she had reason to believe that Washington lied about the rape to make money.

To sum it up:
-I think Mike lured her into his hotel room.
-They had consensual sex.
-Mike told her to GTFO.
-She felt betrayed and filed for rape.

As for the jury conviction, I get the feeling that being a boxer, being black, and being from the ghetto may have been all the evidence required for the conviction.

Thoughts? Comments?

When Mike's lawyer tried to use the exboyfriend as a witness, the prosecutor cited "pass the deadline" as a blocking measure.

I remember readin that somewhere.
Apparently, they weren't allowed to use the boyfriend because he held a grudge against washington and the prosecutor felt that he was jus tryna get back at her.

i dont know if he raped her or not but i know for sure after he got out of prison he was not the fighter he once was........damn shame

My mom was in that pagent testified against Desiree, she told me that most of the women in that pagent, including her, were straight groupies.

Last edited:
50 learned a lot from Mike.
If you get money like that wire your house up like Fif... he keeps video cameras if not at home.
I don't think he raped her...

He got railroaded on that one.

Might have to start signing contracts and videotaping, like that Chappelle skit.

Some people have a misconception about women in thinking that no woman is wicket enough to entrap a man in this manor. Don't fool yourselves. Money is a strong motivator.

of course he didn't rape her...there isn't a female in the world that goes to a dude's crib/room at 4 in the morning w/o intentions of getting piped..she wanted money and Mike wasn't having it

He got railroaded on that one.

Might have to start signing contracts and videotaping, like that Chappelle skit.

This...

The woman was wearing a maxi pad and went to remove it before Tyson "raped" her. Looking back on the trial, its amazing that he was convicted. The sad part is, ish like this continues to happen to this day. We just don't hear about it cuz the defendant is often not as famous as Mike was... damn shame.

Mike said he didn't do it in his documentary. It seems like he told the truth about everything in that documentary.

Tyson is innocent of that situation. Sad part is he will never regain that time. If this didn't happened we possibly could've seen a legend progress rather then lose himself literally.

Mike didn't do it bottom line she was trying to get her 15 min at all cost

Back