How do you deal with bad day jobs?

The only time i watch tv is when i eat and before i sleep now. I intermittently play games in short bursts to refresh myself when i need a break. Listened to your signature and it sounds like good stuff too. Just finished working 11 hours with no breaks... Feel dead inside.

Watching TV and playing games is good way to find samples for music. :)

Im dealing with the same situation. Im currently planning my EP and Im not looking to drop anything until I know I have the right amount of funding for marketing and promotion as well as making sure everything is crisp and professional. I figured out what parts of the project I'm going to focus on each month and how much its gonna cost me. Therefore when my boss is talking her bs I can sit back and think its all paying off at the end. My other friends that don't do music usually book holidays and pay it off monthly so they have to stay in the job or they loose there deposit. Hope this helps

I know exactly what you're talking about, OP. I work at a bank, and I leave this place after 8 hours of work, just to spend at least another hour on public transportation to get home. It seems that my very soul was ripped apart, every single day. But I cannot afford to leave this job, as it provides me the money I need for bills & food & some little fun as well. (been 10 years here, btw)

Back