Going to Disneyworld... Alone

Deezel

^How do I change ths name
https://www.yahoo.com/travel/visiting-disneyland-alone-is-pretty-awesome-88977489207.html

I read this article and it's actually something I thought about doing for a while, but I've always been suspicious about going to places like that by myself because I've always been the quiet guy who only had a few friends [all of which think Disneyworld is kinda childish] and I've been afraid that if I was ever seen at a place like that by myself, it would just confirm everybody's prejudgement about me either being miserable or not having many friends. I feel like the girl in the article can get away with this more than I can because she probably does have friends and she took this alone trip by choice [even though the article says she didn't.]

So would you guys ever consider doing something like this?

I go to the crackhouse alone. I go to the free clinic alone and I don't feel bad about it at all, you shouldn't feel bad about it either. Some people are just meant to be their own best company.

Last edited:
I've met lone travelers before. A backpacker in Amsterdam, and a woman in Aruba. She seemed to be having a great time, and talked about the interesting people she had met during her trip. She talked to my wife and I for an hour at a bar, and we parted ways. I think it can be a good experience, but it comes down to each person's social style. If you prefer having familiar company around to laugh with, the solo route won't work for you. But if you like to observe life and take it all in at your own pace, go for it.

There are plenty of online reports you can read from people who have gone alone and other articles encouraging solo travels there. If you are fine with going alone and your only concern is what other people might think of you then yes you should go and try to get over what people think of you, remember, what other people think of you is their business, not yours.
But you should be trying to improve your social life.

There are plenty of online reports you can read from people who have gone alone and other articles encouraging solo travels there. If you are fine with going alone and your only concern is what other people might think of you then yes you should go and try to get over what people think of you, remember, what other people think of you is their business, not yours.
But you should be trying to improve your social life.

Yeah, unfortunately this only applies to people without any brain disorders but that's a different story. I like that idea about traveling to a different country though. Alot less friends/family oriented.

This is something I've been seriously thinking about lately. I am planning a trip overseas as it is something I want to experience before I am too old and poor to do so. Problem is, I have no real close associates or friends to share this experience with. I don't want to go alone, but I don't want to miss out on seeing the world.

This is something I've been seriously thinking about lately. I am planning a trip overseas as it is something I want to experience before I am too old and poor to do so. Problem is, I have no real close associates or friends to share this experience with. I don't want to go alone, but I don't want to miss out on seeing the world.

You can find people with the same intention to join you here https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/travel-companions

You don't have to go alone....just buy yourself an inflatable companion with a riding the roller coaster facial expression and take her along for the ride.

Lol I wouldn't do it because Disney is designed to go with family and friends and it would just be awkward and weird to be there all by myself, but I definitely would go to the movies by myself.

Back