Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez

Who's Will Win?

• Mayweather

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Marquez

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That logic is ignorant. If you fight for a belt vacant or not it counts as a WORLD TITLE regardless. And Lightweight is 135 pounds not 130. For someone who claims to be a boxer you don't know much.

The Light Middleweight strap he won in the Oscar Fight was not vacant Oscar won it from Mayorga. TSK TSK never ever tell anyone else to follow boxing more.
*sigh* no there's a difference in a "vacated" belt fight and a world title fight. mayweahter has the belt for 154 he is not the title holder in that weight class because de le hoya actually vacated that belt when he moved up and faught hopkins. you can move up or down in weight for that belt but not hold the "title" in that weight class which means its still vacant. mayweather has two years to defend that belt in order to hold the "title" in that weight class. in order to get a "world title" fight in that weight class you have to be top ten in the world in that weight class BUT you can jump weight to fight for a vacant belt which automatically puts you top ten in that class but not the title holder in return you have a cetain amount of time to defend that belt in which that fight is for a "world title" in that class. if you want to get tech with it floyd doesnt hold titles in ANY weight class because he vacated them when he retired. mosley is the world title holder in floyd's weight class. if marquez wins he's not the "world title" holder at 147 nor is floyd, mosley still is in which he has to defend that title by fightin marquez who would now be top ten in that weight class if he wins. if he loses he still holds title at 135.

*sigh* no there's a difference in a "vacated" belt fight and a world title fight. mayweahter has the belt for 154 he is not the title holder in that weight class because de le hoya actually vacated that belt when he moved up and faught hopkins. you can move up or down in weight for that belt but not hold the "title" in that weight class which means its still vacant. mayweather has two years to defend that belt in order to hold the "title" in that weight class. in order to get a "world title" fight in that weight class you have to be top ten in the world in that weight class BUT you can jump weight to fight for a vacant belt which automatically puts you top ten in that class but not the title holder in return you have a cetain amount of time to defend that belt in which that fight is for a "world title" in that class. if you want to get tech with it floyd doesnt hold titles in ANY weight class because he vacated them when he retired. mosley is the world title holder in floyd's weight class. if marquez wins he's not the "world title" holder at 147 nor is floyd, mosley still is in which he has to defend that title by fightin marquez who would now be top ten in that weight class if he wins. if he loses he still holds title at 135.

The original dispute was how many world titles has Floyd won not whether he is a current title holder in any weight class. Right now Floyd doesn't hold any world titles but that does not take away the amount of world titles he has won. And Oscar did not vacate the 154 belt when he moved up and fought Hopkins he didn't even have it at that time. He lost it to Shane Mosley prior to his fight with Felix Strum. AFTER the Hopkins fight he WON the 154 belt from Mayorga which he then lost to Floyd. I am the wrong one to get in to a boxing debate with son you won't win.

Also your logic of world titles is misconstrued. Regardless of how long you keep the belt whether or not you vacate it or anything if you win one of the 3 major titles WBC/WBO/IBF in any weight class you have won a world title in that weight class. All the crap you are talking about title holders is a mute point because the issue was not if he was a current world title holder in that weight it was if he had won a world title in that weight class.

Last edited:
if mayweather fights a guy who is supposed to beat him and that fighter walks away a loser. that is called destroying a challenger. because that fighters career will never be the same again. check it.

"hatton has always had a problem with boxers"

every brawny fighter has problems with boxers. I'll take brains over brawn every time. check the history.

I don't think Floyd is going to show out on him too much because he doesn't seem to hate him like he did the other dudes. He still talks ish about Oscar De La Hoya, lol.

Today in an interview, Floyd said that if he were white he would be considered the best athlete in the world. The guys from PTI were talking about it and the older guy said that boxing is dead and the truth is Mayweather is just not that entertaining and even if he were white he wouldnt be a better athlete than Tiger Woods, Lebron James, or Kobe Bryant.

Thats what I think of Mayweather. Hes just not that entertaining to me. Hes a great boxer but when he dances around, runs away, or doesnt engage in fighting, he makes the fight dull, even if he is winning. That's why Winky never became a widely popular boxer, because of his defense. Winky's main tool is defense and he uses it greatly but "at the end of the day" people want to see a fight and great defense doesnt produce that.

^^^ if you can appreciate the skill behind his sucess then his fights are good. how can tiger woods be exciting while knocking out ricky hatton is not??

Boxing is mad as shat that MMA is moving up and taking all of their fans, lol. Check out Bob Arum - Top boxing promoter in the biz.

Go to 4:20

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Bob Arum is an idiot. I think if boxing spent more time worrying about the corrupt judges and the dumb ass politics of boxing it wouldn't need to worry about MMA. Its is very possible for the 2 sports to coexist. I am a die hard boxing and mma fan. Love both

Man being overseas in the AF I am offorded the wonderful opportuniy of flipping back and forth between UFC 103 and the FLoyd fight for free.

Back