Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez

Who's Will Win?

• Mayweather

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Marquez

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i ****s with floyd....i cant see marquez beating him...floyd picks his opponets well...he's bigger, stronger, faster, and a better boxer...i dont see how he loses this one or the mega fight against pacman....

the only ones that have a chance are the bigger welterweights...but he probably wont fight them because he's not a natural welterweight....

Mayweather, dude talk alot, but he got the skills 2 back it

marquez iz tough, im definitely becoming a fan of him, but i dont see him beating mayweather, just like I dont see cotto winning anymore more meaningful fights anytime soon, juz my 2 centz tho, hopefully im wrong, cuz imma a fan of cotto 2

alright here's the thing...bein a boxer myself...it SHOULD be a good fight...BUT, it wont be. Marquez has the skill and smarts to beat Gayweather but he wont because boxin wont allow him too. Floyd SHOULD beat this guy anyway...ONE Gayweather walks around 160lbs, Marquez 140. TWO Gayweather is TWO weight classes above Marquez...yes that doesnt mean much BUT it does when you have to gain 30lbs train at 160-170lbs THEN drop to 147 and train to gain your speed back...GENIUS move by Gayweather fightin this guy cuz he cant beat anyone else in his weight class being they dont have to gain that weight then dropp again. if Floyd doesnt win boxin is SCREWED because people pay to see him win fights so in conclusion Marquez has NO CHANCE IN HELL. not that he cant win physically but uless he knocks floyd out, the political end of boxin wont let him win...period.

Last edited:
It's going to be a blowout by Mayweather. Marquez will have his moments but Mayweather's ego isn't going to let Marquez get going much. It'll look like the Rickey Hatton fight only Marquez will do better.

When Marquez was letting Juan Diaz crack him in those rounds, I thought Marquez has lost it. Nate Campbell schooled Diaz like it was nothing. Then I saw Marquez shake his head like he was going to change something and he came out and KO'd Diaz.... only thing is... once Floyd gets your number, he goes over the top with it. Ask Zab Judah, Arturo Gatti (RIP), Diego Corrales (RIP), Oscar De La Hoya.... or anybody else that let Floyd get to the 3rd or 4th round with 'em.

Floyd might get hurt for the first time but if he does, expect him to hold immediately, go to his corner and come back out smoking.

I'm not going to buy this one though. I know Floyd is going to shut him down. The undercard was good until about 2 weeks ago. If they had a decent undercard, I might would've considered buying it.

HUGE fight though.

why DOES maywheather always fight smaller dudes that have to go up to his level and thus will be slower than him and un prepared ? not this sh** again .

Mayweather has won six world boxing championships in five different weight classes. come on now dont descredit the man like its easy.

Last edited:
why DOES maywheather always fight smaller dudes that have to go up to his level and thus will be slower than him and un prepared ? not this sh** again .
because he's a GENIUS. he knows that styles make fights which is why he hasn't faught anyone in his weight class in 6yrs. no one in his weight class he can beat so he fights fighters he can beat and make money off of at the same time...gay if you ask me but genius as far as generatin money in the sport. he hasnt faught outside of vegas in the ten yrs he's had the belt nor has he faught in his weight class. every fight since Judah has been been below his weight class with the exception if an old washed up De La Hoya....other than that all smaller fighters and all in vegas....wac. he's not pound for pound and never will be.

Last edited:
Mayweather has won six world boxing championships in five different weight classes. come on now dont descredit the man like its easy.
actually he hasnt he has belts in three different weight classes but has been champion for ten yrs. one of those belts was a vacant belt fight with an old washed up De La Hoya at 154 which Floyd already walks around at 160. he doesn't fight in his weight class. follow him more...or boxin in general...he still hasn't faught 7 of the remainin fighters in welter.

Last edited:
It's going to be a blowout by Mayweather. Marquez will have his moments but Mayweather's ego isn't going to let Marquez get going much. It'll look like the Rickey Hatton fight only Marquez will do better.

When Marquez was letting Juan Diaz crack him in those rounds, I thought Marquez has lost it. Nate Campbell schooled Diaz like it was nothing. Then I saw Marquez shake his head like he was going to change something and he came out and KO'd Diaz.... only thing is... once Floyd gets your number, he goes over the top with it. Ask Zab Judah, Arturo Gatti (RIP), Diego Corrales (RIP), Oscar De La Hoya.... or anybody else that let Floyd get to the 3rd or 4th round with 'em.

Floyd might get hurt for the first time but if he does, expect him to hold immediately, go to his corner and come back out smoking.

I'm not going to buy this one though. I know Floyd is going to shut him down. The undercard was good until about 2 weeks ago. If they had a decent undercard, I might would've considered buying it.

HUGE fight though.
i feel you son. im not gettin it either. ill watch it the followin week on HBO...real talk and thats if im bored that Saturday lol

HUGE fight though.

thankz you, somebody recigonizes that dude iz smart, and that hiz resume has some damn good fighters on it. Everybody callz it cherry picking when somebody like floyd does it, but if Manny pacquiao, or cotto, or hatton cherry picks its like it didnt even happen.

yea hiz shyt talkin iz annoying but hiz skill in the ring and ability to psychologically frustrate his opponets and leave them fighting sloppy while he consistantly lands clean punches is something that he should recieve some kinda credit 4

actually he hasnt he has belts in three different weight classes but has been champion for ten yrs. one of those belts was a vacant belt fight with an old washed up De La Hoya at 154 which Floyd already walks around at 160. he doesn't fight in his weight class. follow him more...or boxin in general...he still hasn't faught 7 of the remainin fighters in welter.

correction...he has 6 belts in 5 classes according to wiki...and i coulda swore i saw 7 belts in his display case in the latest 24/7...

i love how people try to take his props away...u cant...u just come off like a hater...u even trying to get creative in your accounting....lol....a title is a title.....if it was so easy...a lot of modern champions would have them...but they dont...

Yeah, Floyd is undefeated and had to damn near beg to get the big fights. Back when Arturo Gatti and all of those dudes where the big names... you couldn't get them to mention Floyds name in a post fight interview. Floyd is human and not indestructible but if you watch his fights... he just always adapts to whatever is happening. De La Hoya has been in wars and has handled Felix Trinidad, beat Shane the second time, and has embarrassed a few legends... he looked like pure crap against Floyd.... to the point I wanted my money back, lol. Ricky Hatton was supposed to be this immovable force that made Kostya Zsu retire... the fool got the top turn buckle and he ain't even a wrestler, lol.

The one thing I like about this fight is that Floyd is giving the #2 fighter in the world, a man that a lot of people think beat Paciquao, a chance at a huge payday. Marquez probably didn't get squat from fighting Juan Diaz. You also see that Floyd isn't really talking down on Marquez like he's done other opponents that's because he knows Marquez deserves a huge pay day and that he has respect for Marquez as a fighter. Marquez doesn't play the star role that a Gatti or De La Hoya or Ricky Hatton liked to play. Media hounds, Marquez is just a fighter and Floyd knows it.

I'm glad for Marquez getting his big payday after being robbed in his 2nd fight with PacMan. PacMan was surprised as hell.

Anybody see the Paulie Maliggnaggi vs. Juan Diaz fight? and that decision? that's part of the reason I can't really give it up for boxing anymore... let alone $50, lol.

Back