FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil

hype the producer

livin phat
Previous threads

World Cup 2010

EURO 2012

article-0-1636DC83000005DC-886_634x450.jpg

Welcome to another football summer, hopefully it will be another great tournament and that everyone will enjoy watching it. In my opinion this could be one of the greatest tournaments in recent times as there are so many favourites for the title and it is really difficult to predict the winner. Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany are all real contenders and also there are The Netherlands, Italy and France who are not the hottest favourites but still have the chance. I personally don't see England or Portugal serious contenders for the title. There is also a number of "smaller" teams who could surprise everyone and reach quarters or even semis, most likely Mexico, Columbia, Switzerland or Belgium.

Groups

2014%20World%20Cup%20Draw.png

Let the games begin!

my home country ended up in the toughest group, so not expecting them to make it of the group stages unless Spain and the Netherlands fold like wet tissue

as for a winner tough to know:
round of 16 predictions
Brazil, Croatia,
Spain, Netherlands,
Colombia, Japan,
England, Italy,
Switzerland, France,
Argentina, Bosnia-Herzogovina,
Germany, USA,
Russia, Belgium

will wait for the draw there to be announced before further predictions

Brazil v Croatia
soft penalty?

lots of soft free kicks and even softer yellow cards

either we are looking after players well-beings or the refs had been given orders about who should win

anyone know if there was bet available for when the 1st penalty would be given (time in the match)?

Also watch out for Chile this year. I'm pissed about Reus being unable to play for 3 months..but what can you do. Excited for this tournament!

are you enjoying the football/soccer? about to go watch Spain vs Netherlands in a few minutes (rerun of the last final)

are you enjoying the football/soccer? about to go watch Spain vs Netherlands in a few minutes (rerun of the last final)

Yeah, I'm liking it so far, even though the judges are far from good (a penalty kick that haven't happened on Brazil's game, and two legit goals ruled out on Mexico's game). I'm cheering for Brazil, but also for Germany as well.

And I'm a bit concerned, because if Brazil ends in first place on this part of the cup, they might play against either Netherlands or Spain in the octaves (as I think they are be the teams that will qualify on their group), and playing in the same style as yesterday, they (Brazil) migh lose the game.

another penalty that shouldn't have been in the Spain/Netherlands game just now - he lost his balance and pushed his leg into the Dutch player so that it appeared he had had his leg swept

lots of really soft cards and free kicks as well in all three games so far; either the rules have been modified to avoid injury early in the tournament or the fix is in

Quality of refereeing is poor as usual - it seems as though some of the games have predetermined outcomes and the refereeing is done to allow for that outcome

Have thought this since 06 and the Aus/Italy game, where firstly all cards accrued in the group stage were quashed (an executive decision made during the tournament) so that Italy could field the best team possible and that was won a very dubious penalty for an innocuous tackle that occurred outside the box but finished inside

as for the last finals and the cup game itself, refs were way off mark in that one too.

I guess it's a staple of soccer around the world. Some say this cup is just a façade for Brazil to win.

so 5-1 Netherlands over Spain

the thing that I am really liking is not only the use of goal line technology but the new "this is the line" and "this is where the ball must be" spraying the refs are doing at free kicks in the attacking 3rd - it will make it far easier to determine if the line is encroached and much easier to move players back

so Chile 3 Australia 1 and it should have been much worse

best refereeing so far

Australia are so obviously in rebuilding phase; fundamental flaw in Australia's play is their lack of adequate defense and failing to track players out wide first two goals came from this, particularly with defenders just dropping their heads and not following through once the ball was past them. You could tell that Cahill was annoyed at this attitude also being shown in attack in the 2nd half, when they could have easily had 2 additional goals xcpet for thsoe that dropped their heads and didn't follow through

Final goal only served to underline the the lack of defensive play and follow through - my son referred to the Australians as playing like an Under-6's match everyone watching the ball but no-one tracking the ball

Good win for USA, but the center defense is still questionable. Hoping we get at least 1 point from Portugal, and just hang the best they can with Germany.

Good win for USA, but the center defense is still questionable. Hoping we get at least 1 point from Portugal, and just hang the best they can with Germany.

Great tactical performance by USA, second round seems achievable, especially considering Pepe got red card and a few games suspension.

Back