Building blocks of life found in OUTER SPACE

V

Voss25

Everything is explained in the article, but basically, they found the building blocks of life and it offers one explanation to how life on Earth could have started. If you go to the bottom of the article, it also explains how the amino acid could have itself started on the comet.

I'm gonna post the most ironic source ever, The Christian Science Monitor:

http://features.csmonitor.com/disco...d-a-building-block-for-life-in-a-comets-halo/

This story was widely reported, so you can Google it if you want a different source.

This isn't fascinating, it's common sense.

Life is very likely to have developed on MANY of the BILLIONS of planets in the universe, just like it did here on this planet.

I don't understand why humans are so...ignorant and elitist...as to honestly BELIEVE that this planet has the only form of life.

Humanity is only about 50,000 years old. That's about a micro-second on the universal clock.

We are at the bottom of the list, as far as the evolution of life in the universe goes.

Fascinating or not, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "common sense isn't all that common."

I think the spirituality thread was a good example of ppl turning a blind eye to facts in favour of an outdated explanation of the universe.

Life is very likely to have developed on MANY of the BILLIONS of planets in the universe, just like it did here on this planet.

I don't understand why humans are so...ignorant and elitist...as to honestly BELIEVE that this planet has the only form of life.

Humanity is only about 50,000 years old. That's about a micro-second on the universal clock.

We are at the bottom of the list, as far as the evolution of life in the universe goes.

you took the words right out of my mouth bro!

it doesnt matter to me whether there are other civilizations on other planets , so im not biased on either side. So even though i understand why you cant fathom us being the only ones, there are actual reasons that would make it seem so . This is how the simple logic follows and its similar to the way people explain that time travelling backwards is not likely . If there WAS life somewhere else, then it would be safe to assume that there are in fact trillions³ of planets with life in them , in which case , its safe to assume that there are atleast trillions of plaents with civilizations significantly greater than ours (since our earth and sun is a baby in universe time) . So if there are trillions and EASILY more than trillions, of other civilizations greater than ours, with teh capabilities to travel atleast a mile p/h less than the speed of light, adn perhaps other civilizations with capabilities greater that those, why isnt it apparent then ? in a scenario like that one, it would seem as though it should be OBVIOUS that other civilizations exist since the universe would be jam packed with the evidence .Its similar to the "well , OBVIOUSLY , people will never be able to travel back in time , since nobody has come FROM the future yet". On THAT topic, i believe that its possible to "view" past events, but not interact with them or "be" in them. Also, its possible that if traveling back WAS possible, it has a short range, meaning that nobody has come because it can only go back 1000 years and wont be discovered till 1001 years in the future. etc. So although it doesnt prove either way, there are actually many things that would point to the "for some reason , we seem to be the only ones" ideology .

yup :cheers:

funny how a comet looks like a sperm cell and a planet looks like an egg....as above so below is the old african adage...

if the seeds of life have been found floating in space..it seems to me a comet hitting a planet will spark life....IF this is the case...is there a need for a creator?

Last edited:
it doesnt matter to me whether there are other civilizations on other planets , so im not biased on either side. So even though i understand why you cant fathom us being the only ones, there are actual reasons that would make it seem so . This is how the simple logic follows and its similar to the way people explain that time travelling backwards is not likely . If there WAS life somewhere else, then it would be safe to assume that there are in fact trillions³ of planets with life in them , in which case , its safe to assume that there are atleast trillions of plaents with civilizations significantly greater than ours (since our earth and sun is a baby in universe time) . So if there are trillions and EASILY more than trillions, of other civilizations greater than ours, with teh capabilities to travel atleast a mile p/h less than the speed of light, adn perhaps other civilizations with capabilities greater that those, why isnt it apparent then ? in a scenario like that one, it would seem as though it should be OBVIOUS that other civilizations exist since the universe would be jam packed with the evidence .Its similar to the "well , OBVIOUSLY , people will never be able to travel back in time , since nobody has come FROM the future yet". On THAT topic, i believe that its possible to "view" past events, but not interact with them or "be" in them. Also, its possible that if traveling back WAS possible, it has a short range, meaning that nobody has come because it can only go back 1000 years and wont be discovered till 1001 years in the future. etc. So although it doesnt prove either way, there are actually many things that would point to the "for some reason , we seem to be the only ones" ideology .

First off, did you read the article? There is life on THIS PLANET. This is one possible explanation for how we got here. I know you're super religious so you're gonna go into denial mode, but it's all good. You can believe what you want, but facts are facts. They found an amino acid in space. They showed how it could have possibly been created. You'll start to see more and more of this. Good luck with your 2000 year old science textbook, but we prefer to live in the present.

Anyway, your post appears to be "logical" only if you don't really have much of an understanding of what you're talking about.

If you were to travel at 1km less than the speed of light, you would not survive the trip. Not only would it take too long, a human body (or alien body, assuming that other lifeforms would be similar cell based entities) would not be able to handle the changes made to mass and space-time at such speeds.

For interstellar travel, there needs to be other methods than actually travelling the distance. You would need to bend space-time, presumably by manipulating the force of gravity (something that's being worked on at the moment and even publicly announced by Boeing).

With that out of the way, who are you to say that alien life is not apparent? It was pretty f*cking apparent to me 8 years ago when 3 very stereotypical looking beings were standing by my bed and "speaking" to me without actually speaking. Scariest shyt in my life. I've only told a few ppl about this, but I don't care about speaking on it here cuz most of you don't even know who I am.

My father used to be in the army in Iran (service is mandatory). He's witnessed UFOs on 2 different occasions. His first sighting is the more exciting one. In 1976, he says that he and the rest of the troops saw an object close by, hovering about 20m above the ground. They said it had different colored lights that allowed them to make out the shape of the object (it was night time). He said it just hovered there, without making any noise, for a few minutes before it lifted up and sped away. They called it in and it was tracked on radar. This is actually documented. Look it up. The air force tried to chase this thing.

My mother also experienced an abduction when she was 13 years old (mine was at 16, although I don't remember being literally abducted like she claims she was). She says she remembers being paralyzed and unable to scream. She claims they did something on her back before letting her go.

My sister is the only one in my immediate family who has no experience of this kind (that I know of).

Besides my family's personal experiences, there are tons and tons of events that ppl have reported. I would even argue that there is more evidence for UFOs than there is for God (which there is no evidence for).

The problem with the UFO issue is that there are so many crackpots that dilute the serious cases with hoaxes that it's hard to take most ppl seriously. I found when I tried to talk about my experience, I was laughed at immediately. It was almost like a knee jerk reaction. So I don't really talk about it with ppl I know personally anymore. I don't need that stigma.

One other thing I wanna mention is about why we may not have intercepted any alien transmissions. We are certainly blasting our signals into space. Why have we not picked up alien signals? One possible explanation is that none of the planets that are close to us support alien civilizations that blasting out these signals into space. You have to understand the vastness of not only the Universe, but also our own Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself is 100,000 LIGHT YEARS in diameter. We are near the edge of the galaxy. We've only been looking for signals for about 40 years. That means that we have not intercepted any signals from planets 40 light years away or closer. That's it. That doesn't even cover 0.1% of our own galaxy, much less the Universe.

I hope that gives you some sort of perspective.

I'm not even gonna tackle time travel because I'd be lying if I said I understand the physics required to even talk about the theories beyond random laymen speculation, which is what you're doing.

You can believe whatever you want, but acknowledge scientific research and don't voluntarily turn a blind eye to new information. Skepticism is healthy, but denial is not.

funny how a comet looks like a sperm cell and a planet looks like an egg....as above so below is the old african adage...

If the seeds of life have been found floating in space..it seems to me a comet hitting a planet will spark life....if this is the case...is there a need for a creator?

lmaooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that out of the way, who are you to say that alien life is not apparent? It was pretty f*cking apparent to me 8 years ago when 3 very stereotypical looking beings were standing by my bed and "speaking" to me without actually speaking. Scariest shyt in my life. I've only told a few ppl about this, but I don't care about speaking on it here cuz most of you don't even know who I am.

aww, right when you were sounding all scientific and all . Also, any real scientist or anyone tha tclaism to not "believe" anything, and only go yb "facts" can only be an agnostic. Stephen Hawking is an agnostic . i noticed that most raging atheists actually hate what tehy say they dont believe in and spend surprising amount of energy arguing something they claim they dont believe in .thats mighty brave of you to post your story, but now you have lost all credibility . have you noticed that all these stories hapen at "bed" ?

aww, right when you were sounding all scientific and all . Also, any real scientist or anyone tha tclaism to not "believe" anything, and only go yb "facts" can only be an agnostic. Stephen Hawking is an agnostic . i noticed that most raging atheists actually hate what tehy say they dont believe in and spend surprising amount of energy arguing something they claim they dont believe in . have you noticed that all these stories hapen at "bed" ?

See, that's why I don't talk about it in real life. People automatically assume you're full of shyt. That's what happened to me. I don't have any proof, so I won't ask you to believe me. That's fine.

The incident that my father told me about is documented however, so there is proof for that.

Enjoy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

But besides that, you seem like you missed all the other points in my post, so I'll repost them for you (minus the UFO stuff):

First off, did you read the article? There is life on THIS PLANET. This is one possible explanation for how we got here. I know you're super religious so you're gonna go into denial mode, but it's all good. You can believe what you want, but facts are facts. They found an amino acid in space. They showed how it could have possibly been created. You'll start to see more and more of this. Good luck with your 2000 year old science textbook, but we prefer to live in the present.

Anyway, your post appears to be "logical" only if you don't really have much of an understanding of what you're talking about.

If you were to travel at 1km less than the speed of light, you would not survive the trip. Not only would it take too long, a human body (or alien body, assuming that other lifeforms would be similar cell based entities) would not be able to handle the changes made to mass and space-time at such speeds.

For interstellar travel, there needs to be other methods than actually travelling the distance. You would need to bend space-time, presumably by manipulating the force of gravity (something that's being worked on at the moment and even publicly announced by Boeing).

[personal experiences omitted]

One other thing I wanna mention is about why we may not have intercepted any alien transmissions. We are certainly blasting our signals into space. Why have we not picked up alien signals? One possible explanation is that none of the planets that are close to us support alien civilizations that blasting out these signals into space. You have to understand the vastness of not only the Universe, but also our own Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself is 100,000 LIGHT YEARS in diameter. We are near the edge of the galaxy. We've only been looking for signals for about 40 years. That means that we have not intercepted any signals from planets 40 light years away or closer. That's it. That doesn't even cover 0.1% of our own galaxy, much less the Universe.

I hope that gives you some sort of perspective.

I'm not even gonna tackle time travel because I'd be lying if I said I understand the physics required to even talk about the theories beyond random laymen speculation, which is what you're doing.

You can believe whatever you want, but acknowledge scientific research and don't voluntarily turn a blind eye to new information. Skepticism is healthy, but denial is not.

That means that we have not intercepted any signals from planets 40 light years away or closer.

Wait, I gotta correct myself on this. This logic only works if they started transmitting at the same time that we started looking, which is highly unlikely.

Without using a specific number, it still means that the planets that are within 40 light years have not transmitted any signals that we have been scanning for.

It also implies that planets slightly (on a Universal scale) outside that range haven't transmitted any signals BEFORE we started searching for them.

There. Now have at it. lol

Back