"black nationalism"

Black Nationalism is wack and this is coming from a black guy ,being proud of the way god made you is one thing but this nationalism thing takes things to the next level......

@wah chu mean
Improving the lives of black people makes sense but going back to why i started this thread how is separating (through Afrocentric schools) doing any good. It's like this if you feel the system (schools, work,power and wealth distribution) is against you instead of changing the system your basically temporarily removing them from only so they could go back in(it might even fuel racism just like how some cities have highly segregated neighborhoods). I see what your saying about how thing are not fair. But there alot of ppl who just have to try harder to get in the same position as someone who didn't try as hard but the only way of fixing that is through time. For instance I am an immigrant and many of my uncles and aunts all moved too Canada to escape the war in my country (sri lanaka little island just off of india) my dad was an accountant for man years there but didn't not qualify, in fact a newly graduate 21 year old with no experience at all was considered more qualified then my dad. Now he like many other immigrants can just sit at home and sob about how the system is against him or he can go to school again and become an accountant. I believe in time developed nations are going to realize the importance of experience and that no matter what country the rules and regulations are basically the same and that even if you dont give them the job automatically you should at least form a special school which will help fix any differences in the education and regulations in a faster time instead of making a 40 something year old go back to school just so he could prove he is as competent as some university kid. But, like I said, this will all take time. Anyways I appreciate your patients with this issue and enjoyed the argument.

Last edited:
those who are the victims of a situation/system, can't use the same system as the oppressor to better their own situation.

segregation only worked for those who oppressed.

"black nationalism" suggests that there is a "African Nation", but the truth is, Africa was and is a CONTINENT.
there were as many tribe/region/national conflicts in the history of African culture as there were in other parts of the world. that's simply a fact. it is STILL a fact today.

the trick both, the "crackas" and the "niggas", use, is to suggest that there is some kind of uniformity, both among the oppressors AND among the victims. but it's simply not true: if you look at the history of Europe, you will realize that there were many, MANY conflicts and that nationalism (as in nation and not CONTINENT) was a huge problem. Inquisition anybody? Protestants vs. Catholics anybody? who was Napoleon, other than a nationalist? wasn't the Enlightenment a battle between religious and secular voices?
Why did Hitler attack Poland, even though both are "white nations"?
And so on.

"Blacks" are not a nation or a nationality, it's a socio-economic construct created during/after the slavery (which was common in Europe too - the victims were white too), as much as the "Caucasian-Americans" is not a nation or nationality - how can they be, when they fought against each other, back home, or had to flee because their neighbors hated them?

Many different groups have to suffer from being the victims of oppressors; even though the story of Trans Atlantic Slave Trade is historically remarkable............it is definitely NOT unique in the history of mankind.

"Black nationalism" is "we were kings and queens".
"Black reality" is "we were sold by our kings and queens".

it is simply time for both sides to see the past as a lesson and not as a burden one has to carry in the back of the mind.

penis...****...hihi

all i kno is that arabs incl. Egyptians in general ****in hate negroe's and consider us as monkeys!

when im thinkin of africa i aint thinkin bout no goddamn egyptians!

im thinkin bout my people!

Congo, Angola, Gabon, Zaire, Zimbabwe, Namibia Stand UPPPPPPPPP

What I don't understand is why do some (African)Americans convert to Islam when the Arabs were also responsible for the slave trade?
It doesn't make sense to me lol.

My ancestors were impaled and tortured if they refused to convert to Islam, but after 500 years we finally drove them out.
**** the Ottoman Empire.
"With Belief in God, Freedom or Death" is our national motto.

Anyways, I think that California should become independent, and so should Texas.

Last edited:
^^^ From that perspective you can also ask yourself why their are so many black+native roman catholic in south america, while the ones who traded them as slaves back in the days were all roman catholics.

K-1 I'm curious from what country were your ancestors???

^^

prolly somewhere in Western or Eastern Africa!

no sand niggah ever stepped a foot beneath the congo river with all that koran stuff...

BrotherQualit said:
^^^ From that perspective you can also ask yourself why their are so many black+native roman catholic in south america, while the ones who traded them as slaves back in the days were all roman catholics.

Definitely a question to ask.
Catholics and Muslims supposed to be enemies, but yet they co-operated in the slave trade.
Religion is an ugly topic.

K-1 I'm curious from what country were your ancestors???

Serbia.

those who are the victims of a situation/system, can't use the same system as the oppressor to better their own situation.

segregation only worked for those who oppressed.

"black nationalism" suggests that there is a "African Nation", but the truth is, Africa was and is a CONTINENT.
there were as many tribe/region/national conflicts in the history of African culture as there were in other parts of the world. that's simply a fact. it is STILL a fact today.

the trick both, the "crackas" and the "niggas", use, is to suggest that there is some kind of uniformity, both among the oppressors AND among the victims. but it's simply not true: if you look at the history of Europe, you will realize that there were many, MANY conflicts and that nationalism (as in nation and not CONTINENT) was a huge problem. Inquisition anybody? Protestants vs. Catholics anybody? who was Napoleon, other than a nationalist? wasn't the Enlightenment a battle between religious and secular voices?
Why did Hitler attack Poland, even though both are "white nations"?
And so on.

"Blacks" are not a nation or a nationality, it's a socio-economic construct created during/after the slavery (which was common in Europe too - the victims were white too), as much as the "Caucasian-Americans" is not a nation or nationality - how can they be, when they fought against each other, back home, or had to flee because their neighbors hated them?

Many different groups have to suffer from being the victims of oppressors; even though the story of Trans Atlantic Slave Trade is historically remarkable............it is definitely NOT unique in the history of mankind.

"Black nationalism" is "we were kings and queens".
"Black reality" is "we were sold by our kings and queens".

it is simply time for both sides to see the past as a lesson and not as a burden one has to carry in the back of the mind.

you really dont understand the concept of black nationalism....black nationalism is the simple concept that black people need too do for self...it is a concept in opposition to the civil rights movement that stated our salvation depended on being accepted by whites....black nationalism puts the responsiblity of the solution to our problems in the mirror....

it's not as complex as u think it is...u confuse some people's individual expression as the definition of black nationalism and it's not...

@wah chu mean
Improving the lives of black people makes sense but going back to why i started this thread how is separating (through Afrocentric schools) doing any good. It's like this if you feel the system (schools, work,power and wealth distribution) is against you instead of changing the system your basically temporarily removing them from only so they could go back in(it might even fuel racism just like how some cities have highly segregated neighborhoods). I see what your saying about how thing are not fair. But there alot of ppl who just have to try harder to get in the same position as someone who didn't try as hard but the only way of fixing that is through time. For instance I am an immigrant and many of my uncles and aunts all moved too Canada to escape the war in my country (sri lanaka little island just off of india) my dad was an accountant for man years there but didn't not qualify, in fact a newly graduate 21 year old with no experience at all was considered more qualified then my dad. Now he like many other immigrants can just sit at home and sob about how the system is against him or he can go to school again and become an accountant. I believe in time developed nations are going to realize the importance of experience and that no matter what country the rules and regulations are basically the same and that even if you dont give them the job automatically you should at least form a special school which will help fix any differences in the education and regulations in a faster time instead of making a 40 something year old go back to school just so he could prove he is as competent as some university kid. But, like I said, this will all take time. Anyways I appreciate your patients with this issue and enjoyed the argument.

so what's the solution...the system wont change...u may not be familiar with the movement...but people have been trying to get certain things taught for decades...but the system refuses to change because it's goes against some of the things they teach....

are we to just not learn what we consider to be important?...

why would we wanna be a part of something that ignores us?

im an american..but this is just where i live..i dont wish any bad on anyone...but i just realize that america doesnt care aboutmy people...it's really that simple....

dont come to us talking about why dont u wanna be a part of things....talk to the people that excluded us forever and still work to exclude us from behind the scenes...

schools that teach from our perspective is no different than jews having jewish schools or catholics haveing catholic schools...i dont see anyone telling them they are wrong...why are blacks wrong when they wanna do the same thing?

@las7154 first off I'm not saying having an afrocentric school is bad, but by using it as a solution for a high drop out rate is foolish. The reason I think it's foolish is that you are basically saying that the reason these kids are dropping out is because of the white Asian, Mexican and other races. I trying to expose a hypocritical way of thinking. Imagine that all of a sudden there was a large droupout rate among Caucasians if they were to make a white's only school people will go ballistic. It's kinda like when americans say i don't have a job because of damn immigrants coming and taking all the jobs, do you support this mentality? The catholic and Jewish schools are there not to counter a dropout rate, I don't really know why they are there. If you read the article about the school which i posted you would notice that it's not all the other races vs blacks it's manly a fight in the black community.

Last edited:
how do u know?....do you kknow why black kids drop out?

the curriculum isnt the only thing that is changed in these schools...more black teachers...nmore black people in positions of power(so more positive examples of black people)....

some would argue that the teachers that work there take more interest in the children(that was the experience that i had when i had my kids in one)....

my step daughter went from someone that didnt care about school to a straight a student....

she did it going to one of these schools u are talking about....while u are talking about theory...i'm talking about real world experience....that's the only thing i miss about philly....lotus academy...it was expensive but it was worth it...

@las7154
Ok, lets try it this way. I have never had an Sri Lankan nor Indian teacher in my life (I have a had black, white and east asian). If what you say is true then why don't all minorities have this problem. And if a black student needs a black teacher to do good and want to stay in school is there something wrong with the student rather than the school?

This site slowly teaches me how ignorant those who choose to spread knowlege actually are.

"Truths?"

F**k what y'all are talking, whether it's Fl is better than Reason, Macs better than PCs, or what race is cooler or getting treated worse, no one sees beyond what directly effects them. That's a selfish trait that led to the slaveries, genocides, and hatred of the past we still dwell on tody.

1. Egyptions are Egyptions. F**k where someone came from, any of us track out lineage far enough back, it will lead to a cell splitting in some primordial ooze some thousands of years ago at worst. God snapping his fingers at best.(IMO, some would feel better about the 1st option).

2. "Retard" is not at all a politically correct word. Anyone with a mental deficiency of loved one who suffers from one can easily be offended by such ignorance. It's just as bad as the "N" word or terms used to disrespect homosexuals.

3. Anyone who payed attention in school rather than "looking for the lies" knows Columbus indeed didn't discover America. High school curriculum teaches us something to the effect of him thinking he landed in India in search of spices, America wasn't even named after his bum azz, he discoverd some outskirt shoreline islands and died not knowing what they were. Our "books of lies" in school also taught us very well of Native Americans that 1st inherited the lands we know as the U.S. Even taught of how their land was stolen through the Louisina purchase, and other devious methods.

Truth Alert: Most "black folk" I hung out with(we'll refer to them as "tha nikkas I rolled with" didn't show up to class(as well as my nikka self)because we were busy getting money, chasing girls, and all types of other nonsense. I just happened to be blessed with enough intelligence to do the same as all my friends who were failing due to their own lack of effort, so I still made decent grades until hanging out with my crew got me kicked out with the rest of them(by a black principal...go figure...I thought he was on my side...later learned he was, but that's another story).

In all fairness I will say my history book had maybe 1 page out of 600 or so on Martin Luther King and a quick reference at best to Malcolm X, no document whatsoever of Stokely or the Black Panthers....maybe newer books do, but if not, who cares? Research for yourself. Ain't sh*t given to you in life.

I know plenty of urban kids who made it out of school even going as far as college. It's not the "lies" in the book that get your dumb azzes...it's the lie that you gonna be sh*t in life without an education.

4. More caucasions are on welfare and in gov't funded living quarters than anyone last i checked. Could've changed, i don't keep score on such pettiness.

5. Blacks in america weren't the 1st/last/or even worse treated race in the history of man's ignorance and the human nature known as savage stupidity. I don't know a person alive who ever had to call somebody "massa" or pick cotton to avoid a "whuppin". There's realer struggles in todays world, but people too worried about their own pity card getting played to look at the other man's hand or what's arleady on the table.

You guys are sad. The net gives you the power to broadcast every opinion you have to a widespread audience. Hopefully you guys will someday gain enough intelligence to use that power wisely.

I'm out. continue with your pissing match about who's race is superior and who's is inferior while the world continues to spin on it's axis even if the sun was to burn out tomorrow. Then without light reflecting off our azzes, this entire convo is an even bigger waste. :cheers:

Diversify your minds. There's a million books that aren't read in school. That don't mean you can't read them. The next excuse will be that Irish kids have whatever percent dropout rate because they don't allow drinking and fighting in school!(that's a joke...a racist joke).

Last edited:
@las7154
Ok, lets try it this way. I have never had an Sri Lankan nor Indian teacher in my life (I have a had black, white and east asian). If what you say is true then why don't all minorities have this problem. And if a black student needs a black teacher to do good and want to stay in school is there something wrong with the student rather than the school?

never said it was a cause effect issue...u are trying to tell me that afrocentric schools are wrong...i'm telling u from my experience that one helped my step child...i never claimed it was the cure all...i said it's a positive step taken by some to address an issue in the community....you are the one trying to claim that it's not a solution...my point is that it works for some...and if it does...what's the harm....you have a problem with blacks doing what other groups have done...not sure why...

ever stop to think that maybe a black teacher might just care more?....even if it's something as simple as that...my kids have had teachers that i thought were not responsive....MAYBE that was a race issue...i'll never know...but one thing i do know...it DEFINITELY wasnt a problem in lotus academy...one less thing to worry about...

u still arent convincing me that somehow those kinds of schools are wrong....they serve a need that regular schools arent filling...the fact that people wanna go to schools like that is an indication that something is wrong...some of us are taking the issue in our own hands...what's the problem with that?

u still havent adressed the issue of not teaching about black history in schools...who's gonna do that?....the regular school system?...there is a reason history is taught...it's about giving students a sense of pride about where they come from....why is it that the only thing they wanna teach us is about being slaves?

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why do some (African)Americans convert to Islam when the Arabs were also responsible for the slave trade?
It doesn't make sense to me lol.

deoesnt make sense to me either...just shows how fu**ed up we still are....

never said it was a cause effect issue...u are trying to tell me that afrocentric schools are wrong...i'm telling u from my experience that one helped my step child...i never claimed it was the cure all...i said it's a positive step taken by some to address an issue in the community....you are the one trying to claim that it's not a solution...my point is that it works for some...and if it does...what's the harm....you have a problem with blacks doing what other groups have done...not sure why...

ever stop to think that maybe a black teacher might just care more?....even if it's something as simple as that...my kids have had teachers that i thought were not responsive....MAYBE that was a race issue...i'll never know...but one thing i do know...it DEFINITELY wasnt a problem in lotus academy...one less thing to worry about...

u still arent convincing me that somehow those kinds of schools are wrong....they serve a need that regular schools arent filling...the fact that people wanna go to schools like that is an indication that something is wrong...some of us are taking the issue in our own hands...what's the problem with that?

u still havent adressed the issue of not teaching about black history in schools...who's gonna do that?....the regular school system?...there is a reason history is taught...it's about giving students a sense of pride about where they come from....why is it that the only thing they wanna teach us is about being slaves?
Ok this is my last post on this thread

Which other group tried to combat a high dropout rate with segregation? (catholic schools were not made to combat dropout rates). Building a school so they could relate topics to the community and have black role models is perfectly fine. But if you read the article you would see that this school was built to combat a dropout rate amongst the black community so your basically blaming the dropout rate on the schools, this is what i think is stupid because the majority of people go to regular public schools and succeed including blacks. And do you really think black teachers care more about black students then any other race, i'm pretty sure part of their training is not to discriminate and that they should treat all their students equally. Also what school did you go to where they don't teach about black history? I'm in Canada and i learn a lot about black history i remember one assignment was to choose a prominent member of the black community and basically write a biography. I'm just saying that the way they are dealing with the drop out problem is wrong that's it, nothing against schools which focus more on the black community and their mark on the world.

^^^^^
we are arguing separate points...i never said the point of cultural schools was to stop the dropout rate(even though i know that the dropout rate in catholic schools in my area is a lot lower than public schools)...

i enrolled my kids in a cultural school for different reasons...because i wanted them to learn about themselves...some people dont think this is important....well...that might be why the black community is in the position that it's in...every other group has a sense of identity and they maintain it and it helps them...

as far as the thing about white teachers...im not sure....some of them dont see color....but there are racists in every profession....why would teachers be any different?...

all i know is it worked for my child....and if it worked for them...it can work for others...

Last edited:
Back